ADVERTISEMENT

Which Starting Units for a Rebuilding / Reloading

tgar

Nov 14, 2001
Program Has everyone the most excited if at all?

QB, here is to hoping it is an open audition. Can Stevens stay healthy?

WR. Hamler, Shorter, Dotson, Johnson if all can stay healthy should / could eliminate a great deal of the drops the team had this year. ( yes, I realize Johnson had his challenges and hopes he can turn it around )

OL, does it develop a mean and nasty streak as so many here would like to see? Can it ever be that with the Finesse scheme they apparently run. Who makes up the Best 5? Isn’t that who Franklin prefers to play?

TE, great to see 83 emerge from the shadows a little yesterday

DE. Step back? Changing schemes with Parsons rushing the edge more? 99 will continue to improve.

DL Thorpe looks like he found a home. Hansard, Mustipher, Windsor.

LB. Johnson exceeded and proved time and again he belongs out there with Parsons, Brown, Brooks, will #40 also become a factor?

DBs TCF, Zech, Jonathan, Reid, Taylor. Looks real solid.

From a personnel standpoint next years team looks to potentially be stronger, faster, and more experienced than this years team.

It seems to me (obviously a total know nothing about this sport ) that changing the passive blocking scheme and either getting away from or adapting the RPO is going to be more important than ever. ( and adding a new special teams coach along with a New attitude with those units )

I don’t think this teams record is a reflection of personnel shortfalls, I do think it is a reflection of coaching decisions.

As always, exciting times ahead.

Reactions: ptomaselli
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News