ADVERTISEMENT

White Out Game 2024

Agreed. I generally hate Big Noon Kickoff and the noon timeslot as being the time for the marquee games.

Our game in Columbus in 2017 kicked off at 4pm, I believe. And Fox has had several showcase games at 4pm. That's the ideal window, IMO. The time captures audiences across the country, and you get a night game atmosphere for the second half.
A White Out 4pm start on Fox vs OSU would be good but don't know if that is an option.

They probably know what they are doing. Seems a little higher risk/high reward.

Will it be at night? a day whiteout not as exciting. Big 10 schedule is week that weak so does Fox take us vs the team in last year's championship for noon if nothing else is enticing (here is where I would assume they got some type of concession and have very high confidence it will at least be 3:30)

Is that a good time for recruits? Right after the OSU game which I will assume will be a big weekend for recruits also travel riskier and during their HS playoffs,

Will it mean anything, could a loss to OSU the week before potentially hurt our playoff contention hopes (not likely IMO with 3 weeks to go, more likely it could be a do or die situation)

Will Washington be relevant at that time of the season?

If the team just lost to OSU and has 3 losses and Washington isn't very good and we have no real rivaly or hatred there and the weather is not kind at all and it isn't at night but ends up a noon game then it could end up being the worst white out ever. I'm hopeful most of that isn't the case and I am forced to find/purchase a white winter coat to wear.

If the team just lost to OSU and has 3 losses and Washington isn't very good and we have no real rivaly or hatred there and the weather is not kind at all and it isn't at night but ends up a noon game then it could end up being the worst white out ever
May be the best ‘nattering nabob of negativity’ sentence ever written!😻

I'm hopeful that it doesn't turn out to be the case as I said, but fact is there is no historical rivalry with Washington and they aren't expected to be much better than middle of the road big 10. The weather in Central PA is NOT great in November and most people don't have white coats laying around. A loss to OSU is more likely than not by most accounts and unless they know something we don't a day whiteout sucks.

But if you feel this will be a game between two at the top of the big ten after our big win against OSU and their big win against USC and the sun will be shining all day and the networks conceded to a 4pm start with the night temps in the 50s, you may be a bit too optimistic. But go ahead and buy your whiteout tshirt now because I'm sure it will be perfect.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
D
I'm hopeful that it doesn't turn out to be the case as I said, but fact is there is no historical rivalry with Washington and they aren't expected to be much better than middle of the road big 10. The weather in Central PA is NOT great in November and most people don't have white coats laying around. A loss to OSU is more likely than not by most accounts and unless they know something we don't a day whiteout sucks.

But if you feel this will be a game between two at the top of the big ten after our big win against OSU and their big win against USC and the sun will be shining all day and the networks conceded to a 4pm start with the night temps in the 50s, you may be a bit too optimistic. But go ahead and buy your whiteout tshirt now because I'm sure it will be perfect.
Didn’t mean to knock you. Just liked the way it read.

The weather in Central PA is NOT great in November and most people don't have white coats laying around.
This gets repeated often. People will figure it out. Just buy a oversized white shirt and wear it over your coat. Wear a white trash bag with arm and neck holes cut into it. Wear a white jersey on top. It's not difficult. If the fans can't solve the incredibly complex problem of how to both wear a warm coat and a white outer layer at the same time our society is more doomed than we all might have thought.

This gets repeated often. People will figure it out. Just buy a oversized white shirt and wear it over your coat. Wear a white trash bag with arm and neck holes cut into it. Wear a white jersey on top. It's not difficult. If the fans can't solve the incredibly complex problem of how to both wear a warm coat and a white outer layer at the same time our society is more doomed than we all might have thought.
I agree. in the group think about what game should be the whiteout after the awful Oct schedule came out, they opted to take the risk of early November rather than here we go again (tOSU), conflict with homecoming or who cares about that game (UCLA).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT