ADVERTISEMENT

Whitlock: It's obvious Olympic wrestler Tamyra Mensah-Stock has a relationship with the Father and her father

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Whitlock.... He's certainly not "afraid" of getting right into the weeds....

https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/whit...a-relationship-with-the-father-and-her-father

I spent most of last night and this morning trying to figure out what's so different about Tamyra Mensah-Stock.

She's the 28-year-old black woman who won an Olympic gold medal in wrestling Tuesday and then celebrated like it was "1999." You know that faraway time The Artist Formerly Known As Prince used to sing about. Back then, Bill Clinton was president, Cher had the No. 1 song, "Believe." Ricky Martin was "Livin' La Vida Loca."

Two decades ago, it was commonplace for black American Olympians to wrap themselves in the flag and celebrate their homeland. Now we don't know what to expect. There's an expectation of some sort of anti-American protest.

American shot putter Raven Saunders won the silver medal and crossed her arms in an X above her head. She said she did it for oppressed people across the world. Saunders said that she and other athletes had been plotting ways to protest for two weeks over a group chat.

I don't think Tamyra Mensah-Stock was on that group text string. She's different. After winning her gold medal, she was overcome with joy. She honored God and celebrated her country.

"It's by the grace of God I'm able to even move my feet," she gushed. "I just leave it in his hands and I pray that all the practice, that the hell my coaches put me through pays off. And every time it does."

When a reporter asked her about the American flag draped over her body, she didn't hold back on her enthusiasm.

"It feels amazing. I love representing the U.S.," she said. "I freaking love living there. I love it, and I'm so happy I get to represent USA."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News