Votes: 13 6.8%
  • 285 Nevills

Votes: 60 31.6%
  • Everyone

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • No one

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
The Pipher match reminded me of a match I saw in 1980. I'm a student at Bloomsburg, who was ranked around 20th. Iowa State comes in wearing their robes ranked top 5.
I knew most of the wrestling team from DOK frat and had a friend on the team. First match starts at 118. Mike Nock? wrestling for Bloom is getting pounded from the top. The kid from Iowa State is working figure 4 around torso and cranking arms. Nock stands up twice with guy around his waist. Ref whistles Potential Dangerous. Nock stands up 3rd time and gets a smirk on his face. As whistle blows, he launches himself backwards and power slams the kid. The kid was on mat probably for 5 minutes trying to catch his breath. Nock obviously got DQd.
The only team points Bloomsburg scored was a draw by Don Reese. I believe Reese the following year got beat in NCAA finals by another PA kid C.B. Mock.

breaker, breaker, good buddy. It’s CD Mock, not CB

Mark Hall -- only because he isn't listed in the poll.

Actually Shak. Seemed to trust his body more, and was 1 blown takedown call from majoring a solid SR wrestler in just his 3rd match back.
You get the feel that Shak is more comfortable wrestling each week. That alone is a comfort to fans as his first foray back on the mat was a bit concerning. We all knew he would have to begin a process and trusting his knee is key in that process. Good things to come!

Shack hasn"t wrap a cradle yet this year ,but seemed to have more in the tank.I guess he is a work in progress.

The rumor I heard, which I'm proud to say I started, is that Shak is saving the cradle for a future dual say in Iowa City.

It warms my heart to watch his opponents when they have choice of position decide they all of a sudden like Neutral!

The rumor I heard, which I'm proud to say I started, is that Shak is saving the cradle for a future dual say in Iowa City.

It warms my heart to watch his opponents when they have choice of position decide they all of a sudden like Neutral!

Hmmm, I started a very similar rumor in my house . . . great minds.

I thought RBY was a little conservative... perhaps knowing they will meet again. Maybe because he had the flu all week. I think the rematch won't be in question. My $.02

Reactions: Hoosier Lion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT