Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Everyone

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Cali_Nittany

Jan 5, 2016
The PRC
133 - RBY

I really didnt see how DeSanto got injured on the first cradle but RBY brought it and deserves recognition. Hopefully Desanto's injury isn't serious.

RBY's ambassadorship with Iowa fans was also entertaining.

141 - Lee

Lee got Carvered with the pin non-call. Nick is just relentless and so much fun to watch.

165 - Joseph

What a brawl! Another missed pin call but what a great match! Marinelli never gave up and almost gassed Joseph out. Match of the night in my opinion.

174 - Kemerer

I have to give a shout out to Kemerer. That was the best I've seen him all season. Hall has a Carver jinx. Hall will get revenge in the tourneys.

184 - Brooks
Two freshmen phenoms meet and AB came through under the most intense pressure. And he earned $50 for WFL. There's a lot of fun Brooks-Assad matches to watch in the future.

@PSUNATTY2020
There was heavy competition so I need to recognize psunatty for coming out on top as the dbag of the night.

Everyone
I have mad respect for everyone, both Iowa and Penn State wrestlers for their effort given this dual. Outside of the postseason tourneys, you cant have any more of a pressure filled environment as tonight.

RBY. Honorable mention to Kemerer. I have to take DeSanto's injury at face value, but RBY was going to run that cradle twice. Kemerer wrestled a great match.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
If not Kemerer it has to be Jospeh for me. Not enough of rby to say he was the most impressive. Of course this could always go to both Lee's lol

RBY. Last year he was trying to figure out how to mitigate DeSanto's offense. Tonight he attacked DeSanto's offense.

We can now officially stick a fork in the "he can't beat elite wrestlers" myth.

Given the poll options, RBY and Kemerer.

I was worried ("concerned"?) DeSanto would bully RBY. The latter was physical with his defense, recovered nicely when beaten to the punch, and did some punching of his own. Unfortunate on the injury, but I was still impressed with what I saw outside of that.

Kemerer -- I've said it elsewhere already, but I thought he had the match of his life.

Thinking outside the box, though, I would give my two votes to two matches. Joseph-Marinelli and Hall-Kemerer. Holy action and excitement Batman.

My votes went to RBY who shocked me with his aggressive moves against such an aggressive wrestler, and AB who I predicted in the Iowa match thread was being underestimated and would control Assad, which is exactly what he did. But Kem was the MVP tonight for Iowa. My $ is on baybeemarky in Minneapolis.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
133 - RBY

I really didnt see how DeSanto got injured on the first cradle but RBY brought it and deserves recognition. Hopefully Desanto's injury isn't serious.

RBY's ambassadorship with Iowa fans was also entertaining.

141 - Lee

Lee got Carvered with the pin non-call. Nick is just relentless and so much fun to watch.

165 - Joseph

What a brawl! Another missed pin call but what a great match! Marinelli never gave up and almost gassed Joseph out. Match of the night in my opinion.

174 - Kemerer

I have to give a shout out to Kemerer. That was the best I've seen him all season. Hall has a Carver jinx. Hall will get revenge in the tourneys.

184 - Brooks
Two freshmen phenoms meet and AB came through under the most intense pressure. And he earned $50 for WFL. There's a lot of fun Brooks-Assad matches to watch in the future.

@PSUNATTY2020
There was heavy competition so I need to recognize psunatty for coming out on top as the dbag of the night.

Everyone
I have mad respect for everyone, both Iowa and Penn State wrestlers for their effort given this dual. Outside of the postseason tourneys, you cant have any more of a pressure filled environment as tonight.

I never expected to post a comment on this forum even supporting my/our beloved PSU Wrestling team but...Slushy, You're good you. You're head is in a good place. Sincerely Toolman Taylor(now if I can just figure out how to change my screen name away from my "87 Hetzel Plaza nickname, I'd be grateful)

Reactions: slushhead
I never expected to post a comment on this forum even supporting my/our beloved PSU Wrestling team but...Slushy, You're good you. You're head is in a good place. Sincerely Toolman Taylor(now if I can just figure out how to change my screen name away from my "87 Hetzel Plaza nickname, I'd be grateful)

Appreciate the kind words . . . did you used to post on Scout/FOS? Your handle seems familiar.

Oh, and
giphy.gif

Reactions: WildTurk
It has to be Kemerer:) He scored a TD, REV, TD, TD and had 1:20 RT on Mark Hall. Who saw that coming? Honestly. How many times has Hall been taken down this year total?

Last edited:
Reactions: TNHAWK79
Appreciate the kind words . . . did you used to post on Scout/FOS? Your handle seems familiar.

Oh, and
giphy.gif
Hah you pinpointed my true alias there. Having that character's name opened surprising doors in my previous career. No, I've never contributed to any forum & I only discovered message boards last March when I was searching NCAA tournament info. Glad I stumbled on this BWI site. It's full of great PSU wrestling, PSU history & HS wrestling tidbits. I thought it'd be interesting to go back to the first page and read through some threads. It has been well worth the look back in time. I'm up to page 67. I've enjoyed many threads. Cheers Slush!

Reactions: slushhead
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT