ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

I'd have put a one legged Jason Nolf in the 2018 slot over freshman Spencer Lee. That was a gratuitous Iowa selection.
Likewise 2014 Cox over Taylor.

I have no problem with Cox being on the team -- he was the best 197 of the decade. But if it's being done by year, Taylor won the Hodge that year, where Cox never did. That was Cox's freshman year -- he had 2 losses. And Taylor scored 6 more pts at nationals.

Lee has a better argument: he scored the most points at 2018 nationals. (Which bolsters the 2014 Taylor point.) He also lost 2x. Jason had only the injury loss, and undefeated Zahid beat the defending champ.

Congrats to Romero.

Also can't help but chuckle at "Sasso" being Buck-ese for 'Student Athlete Support Services Office." (See bottom LH corner of the pic.)

PS, can "Crookham" or Van Ness" spell out an office at PSU?

If yinz haven't seen it yet, check out Home Game on Netflix. It's a nice sports fix during these crazy times. Mamma mia, calcio storico!
We went 2 years ago while spending a week while picking up our daughter from a semester abroad in Florence. The fans are as intense as the players.
Imagine Cassar and Bo joining a team, with KJ Hamler as a scorer!

PD3 looking for a new home #JackA$$

source.gif

I like that when Verk takes a knee for the anthem, his fiancée does not join him. People should make up their own minds and not just have groupthink. :)

Fanny packs are traditionally by definition worn in the front.

Seriously... by definition? The name says it all. The Internet would beg to differ with you.

"The namefanny pack” is derived from the way they were traditionally worn facing the rear above the buttocks, for which “fanny” is a slang term in the United States."

Seriously... by definition? The name says it all. The Internet would beg to differ with you.

"The namefanny pack” is derived from the way they were traditionally worn facing the rear above the buttocks, for which “fanny” is a slang term in the United States."

Neat.

Anyway, since at least the 80s, fanny packs are most commonly worn with the zipper in the front. So for at least the last ~40 years, yes they are worn with the zipper compartment to the front.

They inexplicably made a “comeback” into fashion a few years ago. Irony and such, I guess.

I could be splitting hairs, but if you use the British definition of fanny, it would be worn in the front.

I could be splitting hairs, but if you use the British definition of fanny, it would be worn in the front.
That’s why they apparently call fanny packs bum bags across the pond. There’s a scene on The Office (original version) where Keith explains all of this to Dawn (their Pam) after she told everyone she is moving to the States.

British definition of fanny

Internet history said British coined it a bumbag, but for ski bums to carry wax and such. Let's just call it a belt bag and be done with it. Useful for carrying whatever is needed including snacks, test strips, and other things needed by any with Type I diabetes.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT