ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

It's very, very well done. RBY fan or not, it's a great watch.

I'm a sucker for human interest pieces and really wish wrestling media(and sports in general) put more content like this out there.
Just finished watching. I got chills when his high school coach described his Grandpa’s unbridled emotion after he beat Fix for his first title. I’m with you, I could watch these types of stories all day. As fans we don’t know these athletes at all. We see the opposing team as somewhat of the enemy. Once you see the work and, in RBY’s case, the huge obstacles he has overcome, you can’t do anything other than respect what’s he done. However, I still hope he goes 0-2 at Nationals. 😃😃

Just finished watching. I got chills when his high school coach described his Grandpa’s unbridled emotion after he beat Fix for his first title. I’m with you, I could watch these types of stories all day. As fans we don’t know these athletes at all. We see the opposing team as somewhat of the enemy. Once you see the work and, in RBY’s case, the huge obstacles he has overcome, you can’t do anything other than respect what’s he done. However, I still hope he goes 0-2 at Nationals. 😃😃

Joe Biden Surfside GIF by GIPHY News

• Haha
Reactions: jmadden1998
Sounds like Gabe is excited to let it fly when he gets a chance to go against C*, which is exciting. And some trash talking is always great in my opinion.

But alas, that young man clearly hasn’t yet been indoctrinated in the clutch, grab, push and work for stall call style that his team has mastered.

A huge, huge shoutout to RBY's grandparents, his HS coach, and the former HS wrestling coach turned football coach who all took him in and cared for him when needed. He owes a lot to them for where he is today and definitely shows a lot of gratitude for that help in the video.

I'm glad he made it to PSU, stuck through his homesickness, and came out the other side with a degree, national championships (team and individual), and a lot of great opportunities for the future.

I lost my voice at the Iowa match last Friday and probably most of that was screaming after RBY's incredible pin. What a way to go out at the BJC.

A huge, huge shoutout to RBY's grandparents, his HS coach, and the former HS wrestling coach turned football coach who all took him in and cared for him when needed. He owes a lot to them for where he is today and definitely shows a lot of gratitude for that help in the video.

I'm glad he made it to PSU, stuck through his homesickness, and came out the other side with a degree, national championships (team and individual), and a lot of great opportunities for the future.

I lost my voice at the Iowa match last Friday and probably most of that was screaming after RBY's incredible pin. What a way to go out at the BJC.
when i got around to finally watching a replay, low & behold, when rby hooks the cradle, i'm right there, white sweater and all poised to jump through the bjc roof. i too, left with little voice :).

I propose we invoke Twitter rules on this board.

No post can contain more than a set amount of characters.

There’s too much content that I don’t read because my brain can’t handle more than 75 (ish) words in one post.

I propose we invoke Twitter rules on this board.

No post can contain more than a set amount of characters.

There’s too much content that I don’t read because my brain can’t handle more than 75 (ish) words in one post.
2 lines and you blew through 75 characters. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: PSUbluTX
I said 75 “words” should be the limit in my post. Apparently that’s way too many for you, though? :)
I think he needs a white claw to relax and increase his reading comprehension.

14 words, 78 character including spaces (I think…)

• Haha
Reactions: mcpat
Bella Mir (Iowa), daughter of Frank Mir, is the first female college wrestler to sign NIL deal with UFC.

Incredible thread on HR re: asking Iowa fans if, knowing what they know now, would they swap Desanto for RBY. The standard answer was “Hell No! RBY is a boring staller!”

But there was this gem:

Scruddy

Team MVP​

I'd take the wrestler with multiple titles who never tapped out of a nearside cradle

Incredible thread on HR re: asking Iowa fans if, knowing what they know now, would they swap Desanto for RBY. The standard answer was “Hell No! RBY is a boring staller!”

But there was this gem:

Scruddy

Team MVP​

I'd take the wrestler with multiple titles who never tapped out of a nearside cradle
You should have fixed this quote to be:

I'd take the wrestler with multiple titles who never tapped out of a nearside cradle TWICE in one match.

But there was this gem:

Scruddy

Team MVP​

@backdrft76 Need a ruling -- is it possible for an HR post to win Post of the Year here?

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT