ADVERTISEMENT

With the interest level ramping up for McIlwain and Russo...

StinkStankStunk

Oct 11, 2010
It sounds to me like CJF has decided they want to recruit 2 QBs this class (as opposed to just 1)

Makes me figure that CJF and Hack have talked, and Hack wont be back next year.

If Hack was coming back....they would have also had 3 guys filling out the depth chart behind him (McSorley, Stevens, and Zembiec) and you really probably wouldn't want to allocate another 2016 scholarship to a QB unless it was some really exceptional prospect.....especially w Clifford verballed for next year

Without Hack, having just McSorley and Stevens and Zembiec leaves the squad a bit thin at QB in the event of any injuries.

I am sure the thought would be that they would likely try to RS at least one of the Freshmen QBs - IF they do bring 2 in......but you'd likely feel a lot better as a coach with four options rather than three.

The most important thing isn't whether or not we bring in another quarterback, but that whoever is coaching them, knows how to beat Bucknell, Columbia, Lehigh, and New Hampshire.

The most important thing isn't whether or not we bring in another quarterback, but that whoever is coaching them, knows how to beat Bucknell, Columbia, Lehigh, and New Hampshire.
Guns, you need to explain yourself on this one.

Guns, you need to explain yourself on this one.
I am being sarcastic about the overflow of love on here for Moorman, who is at Fordham. My point is that the level of play in the Ivy and Patriot, is so far below what we need to get done in the B1G east, that Moorman is not an improvement over Donovan, who also has roots in the Ivy and Patriot.

I am being sarcastic about the overflow of love on here for Moorman, who is at Fordham. My point is that the level of play in the Ivy and Patriot, is so far below what we need to get done in the B1G east, that Moorman is not an improvement over Donovan, who also has roots in the Ivy and Patriot.
We need a coach who has roots in the midwest, because THAT'S where we play, and THAT'S who we need to beat. We are not going to improve with a coach who game plans for Columbia, Yale, Colgate, and Binghamton.

Reactions: Cvilleguy12
We need a coach who has roots in the midwest, because THAT'S where we play, and THAT'S who we need to beat. We are not going to improve with a coach who game plans for Columbia, Yale, Colgate, and Binghamton.
That's what Michigan fans said. And then they hired Brady Hoke.

Reactions: StinkStankStunk
But you are "all in" for a guy from Colorado School of Mines?

Where did Chip Kelly coach before Oregon?

The top offensive coordinator in America, according to every coach, expert, and football analyst in America.
OMG .....how many of those people are you?

Gotta' save that one....It may - truly - be you #1 hit of all time!

Many big name coaches had their start in low level programs. Ability to communicate and excite the troops together with knowledge of the game and experience are some of the ingredients.

It sounds to me like CJF has decided they want to recruit 2 QBs this class (as opposed to just 1)

If Hack was coming back....they would have also had 3 guys filling out the depth chart behind him (McSorley, Stevens, and Zembiec) and you really probably wouldn't want to allocate another 2016 scholarship to a QB unless it was some really exceptional prospect.....especially w Clifford verballed for next year

Without Hack, having just McSorley and Stevens and Zembiec leaves the squad a bit thin at QB in the event of any injuries.

I am sure the thought would be that they would likely try to RS at least one of the Freshmen QBs - IF they do bring 2 in......but you'd likely feel a lot better as a coach with four options rather than three.

I think it means that CJF is not enamored with the throwing arms of McSorley or Stevens. McElwain and Russo would not be competing with a Sr Qb. Z coming on early either. I think Tommy moves another position. McElwain plays baseball while RSing in FB and Russo RSing if he comes on board.

I am thrilled that Z is coming on board early.Love McElwain too as well as Russo and it is great to see PSU looking to load up at the Qb spot....nothing bad can come from competition at this position.

Last edited:

Guns, you are just clueless on this. We need a coach from the Midwest because the Xs and Os that Midwest teams execute are different from offensive schemes that Eastern or West Coast schools run? That's why no one beats Midwest schools, because their offensive schemes are a level above everyone else's?

Offensive coordinators design playbooks and call plays on game day. If you are good at that, what part of the country you coach in and what level of college football you coach makes little difference.

GA Mangus started at Weidner, Ursinus, and Del Val.
Ironically, Mullen (Miss St head coach) also started at Ursinus. The new hotbed of coaches!!

I understand now....JoeMo had such an incredible advantage in player skill level that there was no need for scheming! JoeMo had 4* and 3* D1 quality players lining up against those poor inept players from the Patriot league. OMG I forgot that different regions of our country play by vastly different rules! Absolutely you would never want a good ole southern boy or a guy from Pittsburgh coaching in the Pac 12 or the Southwest or the B1G. WOW...I marvel that you thought of that all by yourself ! I am wondering, 21Guns might you be Gorki from the Lion's Den?

I understand now....JoeMo had such an incredible advantage in player skill level that there was no need for scheming! JoeMo had 4* and 3* D1 quality players lining up against those poor inept players from the Patriot league. OMG I forgot that different regions of our country play by vastly different rules! Absolutely you would never want a good ole southern boy or a guy from Pittsburgh coaching in the Pac 12 or the Southwest or the B1G. WOW...I marvel that you thought of that all by yourself ! I am wondering, 21Guns might you be Gorki from the Lion's Den?

I am so glad that I have 21 Guns on ignore, but it's amusing to see some of his crazed ramblings sometimes...

it is possible that JF is also insuring that he gets at least one highly ranked QB this year - given the loss of Wimbush last year. what are the odds on Feb LOI day that both of these QBs would sign?

Reactions: zwick99
The top offensive coordinator in America, according to every coach, expert, and football analyst in America.

Does he have roots in the mid west which is your main criteria?

What did you think of Obrien(Brown)?

GA Mangus started at Weidner, Ursinus, and Del Val.
Ironically, Mullen (Miss St head coach) also started at Ursinus. The new hotbed of coaches!!

Paul Gunther the Bengals DC was in the same fraternity and lived in the same dorm as Mullen. There is also another big time coach from their dorm/fraternity. I don't remember who but I read it in the Philly Daily News.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT