ADVERTISEMENT

Worst Concert/Show/Movie/Play you ever saw...

Did someone really say Pulp Fiction was worse movie they ever seen.
If that's the worst I can't even imagine what this person thinks is good, probably the Twilight Saga.
I liked Reservoir Dogs but a lot of his movies are disjointed and violent for violence sake. But hey to each his own.

The Astronaut Farmer. Billy Bob Thornton starred...Bruce Willis cameo.

As I suffered through it (I was living in Kenya...not a lot of options), I came up with just one plausible solution. Billy Bob and Bruce were gambling...the loser had to star in the worst script they could find, and the winner would do a cameo just out of sympathy.

The Astronaut Farmer. Billy Bob Thornton starred...Bruce Willis cameo.

As I suffered through it (I was living in Kenya...not a lot of options), I came up with just one plausible solution. Billy Bob and Bruce were gambling...the loser had to star in the worst script they could find, and the winner would do a cameo just out of sympathy.
Only plausible explanation.

Movie: Fellini's Satryicon. I was with a group of college friends down in Philly. We walked out--just gross.

I will also note that one of the first movies I ever saw in a theater (the long gone "Boro" in Hatboro) was "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians", which is right up there for all time worst movie. But I was 7 or 8, so I didn't care.

Latest Will Ferrell flick - Eurovision on Netflix. I like a lot of his stuff and even for me this was unwatchable, 15-20 min. and turned it off. Weezer would be the only concert that was "bad". And by bad I mean short. They played for maybe 1hr 15 min. and were done. I thought, why not play for another 15 min., they could have burned through another 5-6 songs.

Recently watched "Lucy in the Sky" on HBO with Jon Hamm and Natalie Portman. This movie was so boring and so bad. Guess there was good reason why it never made it to theaters.

Concert: Chicago a few years ago on tour with Earth Wind & Fire. The band was great, but the lead singer was awful. He sounded like Joe pesci with a sore throat. At the end when EW&F singer sang their songs it was great.

Comedian: grandma Lee from NBC's comedian competition. She had the shakes and wasn't funny at all. I'm going to take heat from this, but George Carlin at Zembo in Harrisburg maybe 2 years before he died. He seemed to forget he was supposed to be funny. It was just an hour long rant.

Theater: Cats. Just a WTF was that experience.

Was at the George Carlin concert in Harrisburg. He was terrible. Very disappointed because overall he is one my favorite comedians.

I think worst concert was VH I think 7 years ago after David Lee Roth came bad - almost sad since he couldn’t come close to hitting any of the high notes but probable worse was seeing the Beach Boys 20 years ago - not that they were that bad but they played for like 45 minutes - what a rip off.
Worse movie might be Blood Simple which I think the critics loved but when they were deciding how to kill a guy - shoot him tor hit him with a shovel and decide instead to run him over with a car I couldn’t stop laughing - I laughed through the rest of the movie much to the displeasure of those around me.

because we need some content on this board....

Worst concert - NRBQ at Wolf Trap circa 1990. I'm not sure why bands think it's cool to show up too wasted to play, but they did. The lead guitarist was okay, but the rest of the band sounded like a group of preschoolers who had been handed instruments and left to their own devices. Marshall Crenshaw opened and made the night something other than a total loss.

Worst movie - Les Mis - I was okay with it up to the point where the inspector kills himself, but the rest is a mess. This doesn't count, Caligula which I went to see at the Forum while a student. It was just gross, too gross to even make fun of. We walked out after about 30 minutes.

Tool in Raleigh for their Lateralus tour, 2002 I think. They came out dressed in black, with their faces painted black, and not a light on the stage. Played the entire show that way with out saying a word. They sounded so damn album perfect that to this day I'm not sure it was actually Tool on the stage. I think it may have just been some random dudes on stage with the album recordings playing on the PA.

Whoa- surprised to see someone pit tool on this list. Saw them in Boston last year and they were on point. Good 2.5 hour show. Totally believe they played in the dark though. Lol

Movie - No Holds Barred. Only paid $1 in my hometown theater during a summer home from college in 1989 and still walked out after about half an hour. Remains the only movie that I paid to see but then left before it ended.

Concert - guess I'm lucky b/c I can honestly say I've never been to one that I didn't at least consider pretty good.

A movie called "Ssssssssssss" or something like that- it was about snakes or people turning onto snakes or something.

Saw Dr. Hook around 2000 at Pop's in Sauget, IL. Pretty much only the lead singer and the guy with the deep bass voice were left from the original members of the band. They were horrible and the lead singer kept blaming the girl on the sound board for the lousy sound. It wasn't the girl, as they were still horrible after a new person took over. It did make for a great time, as my buddy and I just laughed through the whole show. First show I ever went to where the lead singer out-drank us during the show.

I caught part of Lifeline with Travolta the other week and was horrid. All the characters mostly looked the same, Travolta had a horrid goatee and a fake Texas accent

Reactions: bytir
The absolute worst movie I’ve ever seen is “Dude, where’s my car”

I'd say my worst experience seeing a movie was this one. I drove while my friends boxed out the car, and two of us stayed back so I could partake before going in. It was packed, and the previews were running by the time we got in and saw our friends were scattered throughout the theater. The two of us ended up sitting on the floor in the wheelchair section at the top of the theater instead of taking single seats in the middle of a row. I can't say how bad the movie actually was, but I wasn't in a position to walk out and drive home...

Worst concert was Kanye West in Camden. A friend's gf had 4 free tickets and Pharell's group n.e.r.d. opened and was absolutely amazing. Everyone was up dancing and having a great time. Then Kanye came on stage and the energy just left the "building" immediately. It was the only concert I've been to where the opening act was clearly in a different league performance wise than the headliner. I was happy I didn't pay for tickets, but the short set by n.e.r.d. might have been worth the cost of admission.

Last edited:
I had listed earlier two movies I went to the theater and saw, but the worst one I can remember trying to watch but eventually turning off was The Tree of Life with Brad Pitt. My wife and I watched about 30 minutes of it, and finally just said to hell with it and turned it off for good.

Movie is without a doubt “downhill” with Will Farrell and julia Louis dryfous (sp) from this last winter. It was billed as a comedy, but had no jokes and it was miserable. I think it made like 6 million in ticket sales

Saw Elton John at Wells Fargo Center 2 years ago. There was a large unkempt guy in our row by himself. He had a horrible case of body odor. We were far enough away thank goodness but there were at least 3 couples who asked for new seats before finally guest services came and found him a new seat hopefully somewhere that didn’t offend others.

A movie most on here have probably never seen and shouldn’t bother seeing: Aeon Flux. It looks like it was shot with a camcorder and they had trouble finding enough extras. The movie is supposed to take place in a futuristic city and it looks like there are maybe 30 people in the entire city. The scope was all wrong. It was made by MTV, so that pretty much says it all. It was based on some short animated sequences that aired on MTV when MTV was trying to be edgy.

Given the approximate age of some of the posters on this board, a little surprised no one has said "Ishtar" as the worst movie ever. I am sure some on this board saw it.
As I have mentioned before, I LIKED Ishtar. I realize that I may be the only person who did.:oops:

I almost walked out of Blair Witch Project - stupid and slow. Critics loved it for some reason.

Reactions: bytir
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT