ADVERTISEMENT

WVU UNC

Little J

Sep 17, 2001
Eers looking good over an ACC team - well, sort of. Leading after Q1.

The 6-6 Hokies took care of Tulane as most of us expected.

Powerhouse Pitt who won the ACC not too long ago are off until the fall. Nice season Panthers!

Yeah, I thought West Virginia sucked, and wouldn’t win more than three games??
They're winning a scrimmage against a team starting a QB for the first time that threw 6 passes all year as UNC's elite QB understands this game doesn't mean anything.
WVU is an awful team--we can go over their schedule and how lucky they got again if you want to
Pretending this bowl games means anything is comical...and desperate
And, again, I did stay they "wouldn't win more than 3"--reading is hard.

• Haha
Reactions: eerlobe
They're winning a scrimmage against a team starting a QB for the first time that threw 6 passes all year as UNC's elite QB understands this game doesn't mean anything.
WVU is an awful team--we can go over their schedule and how lucky they got again if you want to
lol - this is getting old

lol - this is getting old
The truth does get old for those that don't want to deal with it.
Again, people are trying to give meaning to WVU winning a bowl game against UNC with Maye and others. Come on. It's desperate. I'm happy to go over their schedule again if you're still confused and think they're impressive/good/decent/etc.
UNC could have won by 60 today and I wouldn't have mentioned it. We all know my thoughts on these games.

And Greene was just named the Player of the Game - hando-on-his-comando must be beside himself. LMFAO.
I'm not--Greene again struggled to complete 50% of his passes. The MVP of a bowl game means nothing.
Anyone that thinks this game had any impact on me is truly delusional
See anything I've said regarding bowls

• Haha
Reactions: SeronimusPratt
Watched WVU’s final regular season game at Baylor. They were killing Baylor at half time and had something like 185 yds to 68 yards and were winning 28-14.

Score was deceptive because after WVU scored to make it 14-0 Baylor returned the kick 99 yards. WVU scored right away to make it 21-7 ……. and Baylor took the kick 90 yards for a TD. Pretty rare to have back to back kick returns for TDs.

Second half WVU must have figured it was in the bag and slacked off. Baylor went ahead 31-28 and WVU had a late drive to win.

Takes a good team to blow a lead on the road then come from behind to win.

Last edited:
Even the announcers said anyone that calls bowl games meaningless never played a sport and doesnt understand anything about athletic competition .

Great season for West Virginia. Long way from the projected 3 wins here
The announcers who are paid to sell people that the bowls matter so they watch? Valid source
Amazing how many elite football players have said the games were meaningless and opted out. I'm unaware CMC never played and sport and doesn't understand competition
Again this is the same as a spring game or a turkey bowl played on Thanksgiving with family and friends. It's just for fun with the outcome irrelevant. See Maye not playing.

• Haha
Reactions: GSPMax
Ah
Ah yes the broken record BS about how WVU is “awful, terrible, sucks or whatever other asinine criticism you try to level at them. Get a clue

Ah

Ah yes the broken record BS about how WVU is “awful, terrible, sucks or whatever other asinine criticism you try to level at them. Get a clue
I'm not the clueless one here. Look at who they beat this year.
You're all trying to sell them beating an underachieving UNC team without their star QB (who wisely opted out) while playing a kid who had 6 career passing attempts. This is a scrimmage. If we played WVU 100 times we would never lose. That's not a good team by any definition. They went 8-4 and got zero respect nationally.
The only people that think WVU is good are their fans, some of our fans and...that's about it.

• Haha
You're all trying to sell them beating an underachieving UNC team without their star QB (who wisely opted out) while playing a kid who had 6 career passing attempts. This is a scrimmage. If we played WVU 100 times we would never lose. That's not a good team by any definition. They went 8-4 and got zero respect nationally.
The only people that think WVU is good are their fans, some of our fans and...that's about it.
You are an a-hole - WVU beat a good UNC team but the reason you are an a-hole is because you started year with WVU is a bad team and PSU beating them means nothing because of that and when they proved you wrong almost every f’ing week you stayed with you idiot position amd tried to find every moronic reason to justify it when if you had any credibility you would man up an admit you were wrong but you won’t and that is one of the reasons why you are an a-hole.

You are an a-hole - WVU beat a good UNC team but the reason you are an a-hole is because you started year with WVU is a bad team and PSU beating them means nothing because of that and when they proved you wrong almost every f’ing week you stayed with you idiot position amd tried to find every moronic reason to justify it when if you had any credibility you would man up an admit you were wrong but you won’t and that is one of the reasons why you are an a-hole.
UNC is now a good team? They weren't consistently crititzed all year and then played today without their star QB using a freshman making his first start who had throw six passes all year. Look at opt outam. How is this an impressive win? It's not even relevant.

I was wrong. They won't 8 games but bad teams can beat other bad teams. They don't have an impressive win. The best part is you don't think I said I was wrong when I have consistently. That doesn't make them good. There's about 12 good teams this year and that might be a reach.

Yep, they suck. About the same as Youngstown State. Nine wins means nothing.

Reactions: bison13
He's not just an a hole. He's an obsessed and possessed anti PSU, Michigan troll who tried to take over the board with multiple fake handles and more than 5 times the number of posts than ANY OTHER POSTER on this board in 2 years.

Roll Tide.

Yep, they suck. About the same as Youngstown State. Nine wins means nothing.
8 wins and you're correct it means nothing. Look at who they beat. They overachieved which they can be happy about although it prevents them from making a much needed coaching change.

He's not just an a hole. He's an obsessed and possessed anti PSU, Michigan troll who tried to take over the board with multiple fake handles and more than 5 times the number of posts than ANY OTHER POSTER on this board in 2 years.

Roll Tide.
Who has multiple handles? Lol
I have 1
Again, I didn't comment in this thread until I was brought up

• Haha
You attempted to diminish them because you hate Penn State. Period.
WVU has nothing to do with Penn State. Penn State, IMO, is a top 8 team and with a real playoff they should be in comfortably. Pretending WVU is good has no impact. You and others just want to believe they're good because you can't accept where we are as a program as of today. It's okay. I'm used to it.
This thread is about a bowl game. We all know my opinion on bowl games so why would I care who won this game? If I did it would be hypocritical. Even for those that want to believe bowl games matter...Maye and others opted out. End of any effort to make this an impressive win.

• Haha
Anyone notice in the post game interview on the field with WVU coach Brown, QB Greene came up and put his arm around the coach and the interviewer asked what he thought of his QB and he said....he is tough......and then in the next sentence or two said the offense didn't play well......credited the D and special teams for the W. Might have been true but talk about awkward. I think he could have been a bit more diplomatic considering the the comfortable win and the fact that his QB looked hobbled.

Remember when Lando told us WVU was better off when Greene got hurt and missed some time?
They are. He again struggled to complete half his passes. Almost half of his yardage...passing and rushing....came on 2 plays. He's inaccurate and a poor decision maker. Easy win to open 2024

• Haha
Anyone notice in the post game interview on the field with WVU coach Brown, QB Greene came up and put his arm around the coach and the interviewer asked what he thought of his QB and he said....he is tough......and then in the next sentence or two said the offense didn't play well......credited the D and special teams for the W. Might have been true but talk about awkward. I think he could have been a bit more diplomatic considering the the comfortable win and the fact that his QB looked hobbled.

Or he was being honest. Greene is a subpar P5 QB which anyone being honest saw all year (hence Brown's frustration) and the D carried them this year allowing them to beat a bunch of 6 win teams or less. Brown knows what he's looking at next year. Did you want him to pretend this was a impressive win like those here?

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT