ADVERTISEMENT

Wyoming Seminary to start up girl's team

They have 2 really good girls lined up to go there. They invited my kid to join the team a couple of weeks ago, but she declined. She would be a great wrestler Oh well, guess I have to figure out these rules in Field Hockey.

They have 2 really good girls lined up to go there. They invited my kid to join the team a couple of weeks ago, but she declined. She would be a great wrestler Oh well, guess I have to figure out these rules in Field Hockey.
good luck. had two daughters play(one in college) over an eight year period, and i still don't know the damn rules :p.

Reactions: hlstone
This is cool. Would like to see PSU do the same - would help with Title IX and give tough Pa girls a great sports outlet.

I also would like to see it. A number of high schools in PA have girls in the lineup. From your old stomping grounds, Interboro has a girl that has made it to Regionals, but not to States. That said, I'm not sure that such a program would help with Title IX, but I don't know all the intricacies of Title IX rules. The NCAA does not sponsor a Championship for Women's Wrestling (WCWA is the governing body for women's college wrestling), so I don't know if athletes in such a program would count for Title IX reasons.

Benton (Zain , Hughes brothers) , has a really good girl wrestler, Val Rae Baker. She has pinned quite a few boys this year. Believe she made a Cadet world team at some point.

Benton (Zain , Hughes brothers) , has a really good girl wrestler, Val Rae Baker. She has pinned quite a few boys this year. Believe she made a Cadet world team at some point.

She is one of the 2 girls they want to get into the program.

Unfortunately there will be some guys that want to play field hockey

well, you need to be a tad more specific.

in the PIAA, this is an issue, and there are guys that do play field hockey, though the numbers doing so are very, very small.

Wyoming Seminary is not a member of the PIAA, so they do not follow PIAA rules.

as for histone's daughter, she's a darn good GK, so I doubt she has to worry about a boy trying to play GK on her team, regardless of what school she attends.

well, you need to be a tad more specific.

in the PIAA, this is an issue, and there are guys that do play field hockey, though the numbers doing so are very, very small.

Wyoming Seminary is not a member of the PIAA, so they do not follow PIAA rules.

as for histone's daughter, she's a darn good GK, so I doubt she has to worry about a boy trying to play GK on her team, regardless of what school she attends.

That is nice of you to write Tom.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT