ADVERTISEMENT

Yes, the Reds sweep the Pirates!

Re: Good news for Pirate fans, only 90 days till the Steelers open camp ! **

Easy, there.

I made a terrible mistake. I got on the bandwagon before the season

started. As a legendary bandwagon jumper, this was inexcusable. Today I jumped off and will not get back on until the Pirates lead the division by at least 3 games.

Certainly not an auspiciuos beginnning to be sure. Bullpen certainly

hasn't delivered and neither have the hitters..

Pirates are going to be brutal.

The hitters are God-awful. Any pitcher who ever throws Marte a strike should be fined. Dude can't tell a ball from a strike or else figures, what the hell, I'll just hack at anything. So he gets himself out all the freakin' time.

On to Milwaukee where the Pirates have a record of about 4-972. Steroid boy Braun will be there to drive the bus to the ballpark. Then come home and have 3 with the Tigers, who are going to win 100 games.

This time next week the Pirates will be 1-8 and buried.

You can't win the pennant in April. But you sure can lose it.

Burnett pitched pretty well today, so there's that...

I think it's a little early to abandon the Pirate ship.

This thread is actually kinda scary...

not because people said what they said, but more because I'm pretty sure they actually meant it. SMH...

If Polanco catches a ball he has to catch, they might still be playing....

I actually do have some concerns about the roster make up, but holy overreaction Batman....

Re: If Polanco catches a ball he has to catch, they might still be playing....

Originally posted by Mixolydian:
I actually do have some concerns about the roster make up, but holy overreaction Batman....
Ah, it's just fans being fans. If they win 5 in a row they'll be lining up for World Series Tickets.

HAHA... Will 5 in a row put them in first by 3? Just breakin some balls here fair. I know you'll be back on the bandwagon soon
wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Mixolydian:
HAHA... Will 5 in a row put them in first by 3? Just breakin some balls here fair. I know you'll be back on the bandwagon soon
3dsmile.r191677.gif

The hitters are God-awful? Come on.

Originally posted by Fox Chapel Lion II:
The hitters are God-awful. Any pitcher who ever throws Marte a strike should be fined. Dude can't tell a ball from a strike or else figures, what the hell, I'll just hack at anything. So he gets himself out all the freakin' time.

On to Milwaukee where the Pirates have a record of about 4-972. Steroid boy Braun will be there to drive the bus to the ballpark. Then come home and have 3 with the Tigers, who are going to win 100 games.

What a nonsensical statement. The lineup is largely unchanged from last year. A full season of Mercer at SS is an upgrade, and a full season of Polanco in RF should be an upgrade. Catcher is a downgrade, but Cervelli is decent with the bat and the other upgrades make up for that. That lineup finished 4th in the NL in runs last year, 3rd in HRs, 3rd in BA, 2nd in OBP and 3rd in OPS. And that terrible Marte was over 4 in offensive WAR last season, despite a horrible start. He got himself "out all the freakin' time" to the tune of a .291 avg, .356 OBP and .806 OPS last year at 25 years old.

God-awful? Thats just ridiculous by every possible objective measure. You're more informed than this Fox.

This post was edited on 4/9 7:27 PM by wbcincy

With only 159 games to go, what's the magic number for the Reds ? Damn, you'd think they just clinched the division. The Buccos better begin to rebuild for next year. By the way, can't wait for the Blue White game next weekend.

Edit: Nice start for the former Big Red Machine. Always better to start out of the gate well.
This post was edited on 4/9 8:28 PM by GulfCoastLion

The Buccos will be fine. Get out the green weinies. Get ready to raise the Jolly Roger

Originally posted by GulfCoastLion:

With only 159 games to go, what's the magic number for the Reds ? Damn, you'd think they just clinched the division. The Buccos better begin to rebuild for next year. By the way, can't wait for the Blue White game next weekend.
Edit: Nice start for the former Big Red Machine. Always better to start out of the gate well.
This post was edited on 4/9 8:28 PM by GulfCoastLion
The Red's magic number is 157 as to the Bucs.

I got to watch the first two games and they were both great games. I'd take Liriano in a heartbeat and Cole in the next one. Didn't see Burnett today but he's going to hold his water all year and likely be one of the top #3 starters in the league. the Bucs will be good if they stay healthy. I Do think Martin leaving will be the biggest challenge as I'd favorably compare him to Molina in St Louis. I just hope the Reds stay healthy and Price learns how to manage and not just react

Re: Pirates are going to be brutal.

Originally posted by Fox Chapel Lion II:

Are you kidding about Marte? As a Phillies fan it's frustrating to read this considering he may be our most valuable player.

The guy does almost everything very well. Unreal. You make the negative Philadelphia fans look a little logical. Kidding but I hope this was all knee-jerk.

Wow!! That Bucco bandwagon thinned out quickly. THREE GAMES into the

season?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT