ADVERTISEMENT

You guys see this? Newsom admits he was a colossal failure in every way on Covid/pandemic response...

BoulderFish

Oct 31, 2016
But he basically says it's not his fault that he was a colossal failure in every way because "we didn't know what we didn't know" back then. This of course is a lie. While not the sharpest knife, he at least knows he chose, rather than the scientific approach, to hitch his pandemic response wagon to the politically expedient approach - The one where he could at the time claim he was "being careful" and "trying" and "just following what the CDC says," and then later when it's all over, apply one more layer of politics with something like "I think all of us in terms of our collective wisdom, we’ve evolved. We didn’t know what we didn’t know. We’re experts in hindsight. We’re all geniuses now."

He's basically trying to say, "Yeah we all failed, but it was only because nobody knew anything - and see, I'm someone who's brave enough to admit it now. But when you print that, make sure you leave in the part where I explain that almost everyone failed - it wasn't just me - and it was because nobody knew anything at the time. This is all hindsight, ya know?"

Transparent as glass to anyone with a brain.

Oh, the other funny thing about this interview is how he's afraid to specifically mention, even when pressed, what exactly he would have done differently. Of course the reason for this is that if he were specific, everyone would be able to paraphrase his answer as "I would have done everything like Ron DeSantis did in Florida."

It's funny - in a sad kind of way - to think that a lot of Democrats see Newsome as some rising great white hope.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News