ADVERTISEMENT

Zermatt Switzerland flooding

Several years ago spent a week in Zermatt as part of a Switzerland tour. Absolutely gorgeous, also spent a few days in Interlachen, which is like a Christmas village. Watched the Paragliders sail down from the Alps to the town center.
Switzerland is one of the most beautiful countries on earth. Driving south from Germany through Switzerland through the St. Bernard Pass into the Aosta Valley in Northern Italy is an absolutely amazing ride with stunning view after Stunning view. Plus the people are very nice with quite a few expats. The only drawback is it is very expensive

Several years ago spent a week in Zermatt as part of a Switzerland tour. Absolutely gorgeous, also spent a few days in Interlachen, which is like a Christmas village. Watched the Paragliders sail down from the Alps to the town center.
One of the most beautiful places on earth. Hiked to the Hornlihutte on the Matterhorn’s flanks (essentially the base hut for any climb of it) in a tshirt and running pants as a dumb 23 year old. It was sunny as hell. I got the worst sunburn of my life from the reflection off the snow - even burned the roof of my mouth and the underside of my nose.

Switzerland is one of the most beautiful countries on earth. Driving south from Germany through Switzerland through the St. Bernard Pass into the Aosta Valley in Northern Italy is an absolutely amazing ride with stunning view after Stunning view. Plus the people are very nice with quite a few expats. The only drawback is it is very expensive
I love the typical color of the mountain rivers there when they are running clear - they look like Aquafresh toothpaste colors from the sun reflecting off the glacial silt runoff

Agreed. I've been to Lucerne and the top of Mount Rigi. That area is like a postcard in every direction, it's absolutely stunning.

Reactions: blmr31
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT