ADVERTISEMENT

0-10

Nittanyplayer#12

Jul 24, 2012
Northampton, PA
I like Franklin a lot but saying distractions was a major key in losing these away games is complete BS. Being 0-10 against ranked opponents away tells me he needs better game planning and coaching interaction, as well as, better communicating with the other coaches. I feel during games the camera pans on him at times of distress and all you see him do is stand there with a finger over his mouth. Compared to others coaches who you see motivating or rallying the troops. It might be bad timing by the media but in my eyes, Franklin needs to prepare better for these games. This 0-10 stat doesn't lie over 4 years.

I like Franklin a lot but saying distractions was a major key in losing these away games is complete BS. Being 0-10 against ranked opponents away tells me he needs better game planning and coaching interaction, as well as, better communicating with the other coaches. I feel during games the camera pans on him at times of distress and all you see him do is stand there with a finger over his mouth. Compared to others coaches who you see motivating or rallying the troops. It might be bad timing by the media but in my eyes, Franklin needs to prepare better for these games. This 0-10 stat doesn't lie over 4 years.

Sandy could hire you as the Assistant AD for Football Coaches' Communication

With all due respect, how the F were we going to beat a ranked team on the road with that roster he had his first two years? That 10-0 stat is a load of irrelevant bullshit.

Here I thought we are 7-2, have a top 5 recruiting class and spent most of year in the top 5.

How many other coaches have done that? Not many.

Reactions: bkmtnittany1
With all due respect, how the F were we going to beat a ranked team on the road with that roster he had his first two years? That 10-0 stat is a load of irrelevant bullshit.
Exactly....I believe that 0-10 record may even go back to his Vandy days.....but if not, how many of those 10 did we have a ligit shot at winning....not many as we were severely undermanned his first 2 yrs at PSU. Let's see what his record looks like in a couple years when some help arrives on campus.

Reactions: Mixolydian
Here I thought we are 7-2, have a top 5 recruiting class and spent most of year in the top 5.

How many other coaches have done that? Not many.

Which is why I feel Franklin is a good coach but needs to better himself in certain game time situations and motivate the team.

That stat is such a dumb stat. So, if you beat a top 10 team early in the year and that team loses the rest of their games you you get credit for a top 25 win but if you beat a team on the road and they aren't ranked but end up being a better team and becoming ranked it doesn't count

The old narrative was Franklin couldn't beat ranked teams. When it was pointed out he beat #13 Georgia at Vandy, people said "well they didn't end up ranked"

People with stats like that talk out of both sides of their mouths to fit their narrative

Going against those teams in sanctions impacted years are irrelevant. Right now our Iowa and NW Road wins are looking pretty good.

Reactions: meanmiJ01

I posted this on the other site, so here goes:

He's actually 0-11; for context, here they are:

Vandy '11 (6-7) - S. Carolina #12 - 3-21, Alabama #2 0-34

Vandy '12 (9-4) - Georgia #5 3-48

Vandy '13 (9-4) - S. Carolina #13 25-35, Texas A&M #16 24-56

PSU '15 (7-7) - tOSU #1 10-38, Northwestern #21 21-23, MSU #5 16-55

PSU '16 (10-3) - Michigan #4 10-49

PSU '17 - tOSU #6 38-39, MSU #24 24-27

There's a whole lot wrong with the statement "This 0-10 stat doesn't lie over 4 years." Laying aside the fact that he's 0-6 over four years, not 0-10; stats are meaningless without context. Which of the 6 (or 11 if you include the Vandy years) games were lost as a result of coaching? Focusing on just the PSU games, I'm just not buying the notion that coaching would have made up for scholarship and talent deficient teams and reversed the results in '15. tOSU lost only one game all year - to MSU, and MSU lost to Nebraska in OT, then Alabama in the playoffs. Sorry, I'm just not taking anyone seriously who suggests we win those games if Franklin prepares better or motivates the players better. Last year's UM game was a injury thinned PSU team against a team loaded on defense. That leaves three games decided by a total of 6 points. Some may want to use that as evidence of something. Personally, I'll pass.

Last edited:
I posted this on the other site, so here goes:

He's actually 0-11; for context, here they are:

Vandy '11 (6-7) - S. Carolina #12 - 3-21, Alabama #2 0-34

Vandy '12 (9-4) - Georgia #5 3-48

Vandy '13 (9-4) - S. Carolina #13 25-35, Texas A&M #16 24-56

PSU '15 (7-7) - tOSU #1 10-38, Northwestern #21 21-23, MSU #5 16-55

PSU '16 (10-3) - Michigan #4 10-49

PSU '17 - tOSU #6 38-39, MSU #24 24-27

There's a whole lot wrong with the statement "This 0-10 stat doesn't lie over 4 years." Laying aside the fact that he's 0-6 over four years, not 0-10; stats are meaningless without context. Which of the 6 (or 11 if you include the Vandy years) games were lost as a result of coaching? Focusing on just the PSU games, I'm just not buying the notion that coaching would have made up for scholarship and talent deficient teams and reversed the results in '15. tOSU lost only one game all year - to MSU, and MSU lost to Nebraska in OT, then Alabama in the playoffs. Sorry, I'm just not taking anyone seriously who suggests we win those games if Franklin prepares better or motivates the players better. Last year's UM game was a injury thinned PSU team against a loaded on defense. That leaves three games decided by a total of 6 points. Some may want to use that as evidence of something. Personally, I'll pass.

Don't confuse them with logic ;) some one has to take the blame.

And that is a stat of what they are ranked when they played not where they finish...

Boy, people really loved these "statement" stats when it comes to Franklin, huh? "No signature wins."

Won the Big Ten, finished ranked #7 last year. Top 5 recruiting class for 2018, set up to have another monster class in 2019. I'll take those stats over any others that you can come up with.

-f20d82fe9d40b93fjpg-ba8a3f1db5e2b63a.jpg

Top overall recruit for 2020, Brian Bresee
bryan-bresee-2017-3544e13c4271a00b.jpg

Rethink power football in this conference. Add in finesse style the we play now, for better success. OL and DL need to be manned by stalwarts who can hold up. MSU and Iowa made huge strides over last year. Clemson had plenty of power to National Championship. Most teams cannot match Bama's power. May be Georgia this year!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT