18. Louisville
  19. Air Force
  20. Tennessee
  21. Duke
  22. USC
  23. Tulane
  24. UCLA
  25. James Madison
Others receiving votes: Florida 52; Miami (FL) 27; Kansas State 25; Iowa 24; Fresno State 23; Oklahoma State 13; Kentucky 10; Wyoming 9; SMU 8; Liberty 8; Arizona 7; UNLV 6; Maryland 4; Kansas 4; Wisconsin 2; Toledo 2; Clemson 1;

You were right, I still would have Utah definitely ahead of Penn St but glad they weren’t.

Coaches Poll top 25​

1. Georgia (58)
  2. Michigan (4)
  3. Ohio State (2)
  4. Florida State
  5. Washington
  6. Oklahoma
  7. Texas
  8. Alabama
  9. Oregon
  10. Penn State
  11. Ole Miss
  12. Oregon State
  13. Utah
  14. Notre Dame
  15. LSU
  16. Missouri
  17. North Carolina
  18. Louisville
  19. Air Force
  20. Tennessee
  21. Duke
  22. USC
  23. Tulane
  24. UCLA
  25. James Madison
Others receiving votes: Florida 52; Miami (FL) 27; Kansas State 25; Iowa 24; Fresno State 23; Oklahoma State 13; Kentucky 10; Wyoming 9; SMU 8; Liberty 8; Arizona 7; UNLV 6; Maryland 4; Kansas 4; Wisconsin 2; Toledo 2; Clemson 1;
I think I would have Washington in the OSU slot. PSU is about where they should be based on the defense. What stinks is James Madison @ 25 and will not be eligible to play in a bowl game because they are new to FBS. Should be a waiver.

I just think they have played way better teams and why it been closer. I’m sure they would’ve blown out Delaware and UMASS too

I think I would have Washington in the OSU slot. PSU is about where they should be based on the defense. What stinks is James Madison @ 25 and will not be eligible to play in a bowl game because they are new to FBS. Should be a waiver.
Agreed--James Madison should be rewarded for how quickly they're succeeding
Ohio State/Washington is debatable to me. They're 3-4 in some order in my mind

I just think they have played way better teams and why it been closer. I’m sure they would’ve blown out Delaware and UMASS too
Our SOS skyrocketed by playing Ohio State so on paper our schedule is tougher--has it been? no, probably not but data says otherwise. They only beat Weber St 31-7--we'd have put up 55 or so. They struggled with Baylor who we'd also kill. If their QB was healthy they'd get more respect.

I like the coach (Cignetti) at no. 25 James Madison University. They’re currently undefeated. A big school may well snatch him up after this season. JMU recently (Feb 22) jumped up to FBS from FCS and joined the Sun Belt conference. IMO, he’s doing a really good job at JMU.

Coaches Poll top 25​

1. Georgia (58)
  2. Michigan (4)
  3. Ohio State (2)
  4. Florida State
  5. Washington
  6. Oklahoma
  7. Texas
  8. Alabama
  9. Oregon
  10. Penn State
  11. Ole Miss
  12. Oregon State
  13. Utah
  14. Notre Dame
  15. LSU
  16. Missouri
  17. North Carolina
  18. Louisville
  19. Air Force
  20. Tennessee
  21. Duke
  22. USC
  23. Tulane
  24. UCLA
  25. James Madison
Until we start beating top ten teams, we should not be in the top ten. IMO

Coaches Poll top 25​

1. Georgia (58)
  2. Michigan (4)
  3. Ohio State (2)
  4. Florida State
  5. Washington
  6. Oklahoma
  7. Texas
  8. Alabama
  9. Oregon
  10. Penn State
  11. Ole Miss
  12. Oregon State
  13. Utah
  14. Notre Dame
  15. LSU
  16. Missouri
  17. North Carolina
  18. Louisville
  19. Air Force
  20. Tennessee
  21. Duke
  22. USC
  23. Tulane
  24. UCLA
  25. James Madison

Uh, is there any particular reason to post the rankings from late October of last season...as though it meant anything of significance going into the 2024 season?

Reactions: summitlion1

Coaches Poll top 25​

1. Georgia (58)
  2. Michigan (4)
  3. Ohio State (2)
  4. Florida State
  5. Washington
  6. Oklahoma
  7. Texas
  8. Alabama
  9. Oregon
  10. Penn State
  11. Ole Miss
  12. Oregon State
  13. Utah
  14. Notre Dame
  15. LSU
  16. Missouri
  17. North Carolina
  18. Louisville
  19. Air Force
  20. Tennessee
  21. Duke
  22. USC
  23. Tulane
  24. UCLA
  25. James Madison
Who knows how good PSU will be in 2024? Will Fleming be good enough to replace and surpass KLS? Will any of our younger WRs break out? Can we overcome our OL losses? Can Williams and Birchmeier live up to their recruiting rankings? Will our portal additions be sufficient to keep us strong at DB?

I don't know much about our other opponents. I read an article that showed all of the 4/5* talent OSU picked up in the portal so I expect them to be near the top. Michigan had a lot of key losses (WR Wilson, LB Colson, CB Sanistal, RB Corum, QB McCarthy were all either 1st or 2nd team all conference). The same with Washington who had 10 players drafted. I guess they're counting a lot on Mississippi St. transfer QB Will Rogers.

Good thing we don't play Oregon this year.

We look to have a pretty favorable schedule.

Perhaps the toughest games will be at home vs OSU, and on the road vs USC and UW.

But Aug/Sept could be rocky til we find our way under all the new coaches, and until DA shows he can throw the ball downfield, and play up to the Big Games.

That's respect, given PSU's offense was a hot stinking mess and they lost their most productive receiver and most of their best players on D.

It reflects confidence that Franklin has enough young/incoming talent that PSU can basically reload. PSU will once again be more athletic than 80% of the teams on their schedule. Only USC and Ohio State will have more speed probably.

Reactions: BobE
We look to have a pretty favorable schedule.

Perhaps the toughest games will be at home vs OSU, and on the road vs USC and UW.

But Aug/Sept could be rocky til we find our way under all the new coaches, and until DA shows he can throw the ball downfield, and play up to the Big Games.
Allar can throw the ball downfield. The questions are: 1) Can we get a WR open downfield?, and 2) Does Allar have the "IT" factor that allows him to see the field and not panic under pressure?

Then why quote my post? Doesn't make sense.

Chill, Lando.

Yes, I should have quoted the guy who quoted your post...7 months later. But the mistake ranks fairly low on the scale of board offenses...especially since I clarified and corrected it...and given everything else we've seen here lately.

Good grief.

Reactions: bdroc
Chill, Lando.

Yes, I should have quoted the guy who quoted your post...7 months later. But the mistake ranks fairly low on the scale of board offenses...especially since I clarified and corrected it...and given everything else we've seen here lately.

Good grief.
I mean you could have just owned that you weren't paying attention and were looking to start a fight then apologized but here we are with bad excuses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT