18. Louisville
  19. Air Force
  20. Tennessee
  21. Duke
  22. USC
  23. Tulane
  24. UCLA
  25. James Madison
Others receiving votes: Florida 52; Miami (FL) 27; Kansas State 25; Iowa 24; Fresno State 23; Oklahoma State 13; Kentucky 10; Wyoming 9; SMU 8; Liberty 8; Arizona 7; UNLV 6; Maryland 4; Kansas 4; Wisconsin 2; Toledo 2; Clemson 1;

You were right, I still would have Utah definitely ahead of Penn St but glad they weren’t.

Coaches Poll top 25​

1. Georgia (58)
  2. Michigan (4)
  3. Ohio State (2)
  4. Florida State
  5. Washington
  6. Oklahoma
  7. Texas
  8. Alabama
  9. Oregon
  10. Penn State
  11. Ole Miss
  12. Oregon State
  13. Utah
  14. Notre Dame
  15. LSU
  16. Missouri
  17. North Carolina
  18. Louisville
  19. Air Force
  20. Tennessee
  21. Duke
  22. USC
  23. Tulane
  24. UCLA
  25. James Madison
Others receiving votes: Florida 52; Miami (FL) 27; Kansas State 25; Iowa 24; Fresno State 23; Oklahoma State 13; Kentucky 10; Wyoming 9; SMU 8; Liberty 8; Arizona 7; UNLV 6; Maryland 4; Kansas 4; Wisconsin 2; Toledo 2; Clemson 1;
I think I would have Washington in the OSU slot. PSU is about where they should be based on the defense. What stinks is James Madison @ 25 and will not be eligible to play in a bowl game because they are new to FBS. Should be a waiver.

I just think they have played way better teams and why it been closer. I’m sure they would’ve blown out Delaware and UMASS too

I think I would have Washington in the OSU slot. PSU is about where they should be based on the defense. What stinks is James Madison @ 25 and will not be eligible to play in a bowl game because they are new to FBS. Should be a waiver.
Agreed--James Madison should be rewarded for how quickly they're succeeding
Ohio State/Washington is debatable to me. They're 3-4 in some order in my mind

I just think they have played way better teams and why it been closer. I’m sure they would’ve blown out Delaware and UMASS too
Our SOS skyrocketed by playing Ohio State so on paper our schedule is tougher--has it been? no, probably not but data says otherwise. They only beat Weber St 31-7--we'd have put up 55 or so. They struggled with Baylor who we'd also kill. If their QB was healthy they'd get more respect.

I like the coach (Cignetti) at no. 25 James Madison University. They’re currently undefeated. A big school may well snatch him up after this season. JMU recently (Feb 22) jumped up to FBS from FCS and joined the Sun Belt conference. IMO, he’s doing a really good job at JMU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT