ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl guru predicts no Alabama...or SEC...in playoff

Like I said vastly over rated with a weak schedule and one win over a ranked team which is Tennessee. You can admit it. Georgia played a very weak schedule
That's an opinion
What are they ranked?
And yes Georgia played a weak schedule but still has better wins than FSU.

Palm may have it right but the truth is most people here just want the SEC to be left out. There's no chance anyone watched the SECCG yesterday and thought those aren't two of the best 4 teams. If so, stop watching football
They're going to be OUT!!!

The official criteria gives the committee an out if they're looking for a way to rationalize taking Alabama over Florida State:

Hence, bring on the 12-team Playoff ASAP. IMO, this might be the weakest 4-team field ever
Says the fan of the team who always gets every break now whines when it doesn't fall your way for once. Deal with it like a big boy.

The official criteria gives the committee an out if they're looking for a way to rationalize taking Alabama over Florida State:

They won though with a 3rd string QB. They're in and SEC is shutout. But, but would not be a bit surprised if they told Sankey in advance and now he is huffing and puffing to get his boys in.

They won though with a 3rd string QB. They're in and SEC is shutout. But, but would not be a bit surprised if they told Sankey in advance and now he is huffing and puffing to get his boys in.
Glenn threw for 55 yards
They were 2-16 on third down
Had 76 of 219 yards on 1 play
They're not good enough but that doesn't mean the committee won't be stupid and include them
Who would win if FSU played Bama or Georgia?
Who would win if FSU played Penn State? I think we're a better team.
FSU isn't a top 8 team maybe not a top 12 let alone top 4

See Liberty--it's not about a clean sheet--it's about the entire resume
You're saying nuance because you know when you compare everything FSU doesn't have an argument without Travis. We all know it. Some admit it but still want them in because they think it's about deserve. Then others, like you, refuse to admit it because you can't handle the argument

See Liberty--it's not about a clean sheet--it's about the entire resume
You're saying nuance because you know when you compare everything FSU doesn't have an argument without Travis. We all know it. Some admit it but still want them in because they think it's about deserve. Then others, like you, refuse to admit it because you can't handle the argument.
Liberty? Lol.

FSU doesn't have an argument? That's completely your BS opinion.

We all know it? Your opinion doesn't turn into "we" no matter how much you say it.

You were wrong on Harbaugh, wrong on Singleton, wrong on Texas spread, wrong on "everyone" calling for Alabama.

Your response doesn't even address the fallacy of your Wash argument. You just rambled about something totally irrelevant.

Because the season indicated they were the best. People acting like 1 loss teams can't be better than FSU is crazy. People acting like Texas beating Bama and then Bama beating Georgia proves that's how they should be ranked are delusional. Texas lost to OU. They all have 1 loss. Compare the full resumes. Texas is third. Just like FSU isn't close to any of them. Ohio State losing to Michigan and beating us has as good as a case as anyone
I haven’t followed the season closely. What was FSU’s worst loss?

If a one-loss team can be better than a zero loss team, can a two-loss team can be better than a one loss team? If so, then Penn State was royally jobbed in 2016. The won H2H. They won the Conference Championship. That says they were certainly the best team in the Big Ten.

Liberty? Lol.

FSU doesn't have an argument? That's completely your BS opinion.

We all know it? Your opinion doesn't turn into "we" no matter how much you say it.

You were wrong on Harbaugh, wrong on Singleton, wrong on Texas spread, wrong on "everyone" calling for Alabama.

Your response doesn't even address the fallacy of your Wash argument. You just rambled about something totally irrelevant.
FSU had a SOS of 55--they're basically a G5 team
How am I wrong about Harbaugh or Singleton? I lost a bet--I'm okay with that. Bettors lose all the time.
The only person on ESPN not calling for Bama is Booger. You're confusing projections with "want"
What fallacy with the Washington argument. It's the same scenario. You're just pretending undefeated alters it

I haven’t followed the season closely. What was FSU’s worst loss?

If a one-loss team can be better than a zero loss team, can a two-loss team can be better than a one loss team? If so, then Penn State was royally jobbed in 2016. The won H2H. They won the Conference Championship. That says they were certainly the best team in the Big Ten.
Yes, a 2 loss team can be better
And we were robbed--we should have been in over Washington not Ohio State
Hopefully they correct that error this year instead of continuing to make the same bad decision.

The only saving grace is that Alabama stands a good chance of beating the cheaters.

Yes, a 2 loss team can be better
And we were robbed--we should have been in over Washington not Ohio State
Hopefully they correct that error this year instead of continuing to make the same bad decision.
No. Over OSU.
PSU beat OSU head to head
PSU won the Conference Championship

Ohio State was clearly better than us that year despite the H2H
The debate was us vs Washington
How was OSU clearly better? Penn State beat them fair and square. That’s the H2H component.
Penn State made it to the Conference Championship and won it. OSU sat home with thumbs up their butt

THat is clearly evidence that PSU was the better team than OSU.

Leaving out a 13-0 ACC champ because of injuries is literally the ga, ... Lamest thing I've seen in a VERY long time (and I'm the last thing from an FSU fan). Sport got taken over by cable show analytics dorks.

How was OSU clearly better? Penn State beat them fair and square. That’s the H2H component.
Penn State made it to the Conference Championship and won it. OSU sat home with thumbs up their butt

The entire resume. We lost by 39 to Michigan and to Pitt. All of that is tied to one game in which we beat them. Remember the committee ranks the top 3 then starts over. We were never compared to Ohio State.

Leaving out a 13-0 ACC champ because of injuries is literally the ga, ... Lamest thing I've seen in a VERY long time (and I'm the last thing from an FSU fan). Sport got taken over by cable show analytics dorks.
Yeah, it would have been fun watching an outmatched FSU get smoked in the playoffs. It's pretty simple, without Travis they aren't one of the top 4 teams in the nation.

Never thought college football could be so insane and yet they continue to amaze me. I really hope FSU wins against Georgia and Texas or Bama wins the CFP so you have the absurdity of an undefeated team left out while a team with a loss is “champion”

Never thought college football could be so insane and yet they continue to amaze me. I really hope FSU wins against Georgia and Texas or Bama wins the CFP so you have the absurdity of an undefeated team left out while a team with a loss is “champion”

Retro is in so nothing wrong with a split national championship.

I remember that well. OSU - with one loss - was locked in as the 3rd team and the debate was between Washington and PSU for the 4th spot. No matter how you try and spin it - the 2 loss es killed PSU's chances - especially the blowout loss to Michigan. The committee looks at the season as a whole - not one game. No 2-loss team ever made it into the Playoffs

Link below. Jerry Palm has it:

Michigan...Washington...Florida State...Texas...in that order.

He's got Penn State playing Georgia in the Peach.

But does the committee actually have the cojones to leave out Sacred Alabama and the Sacred SEC? Politically speaking, screwing over Florida State is the easier play. This is going to be very entertaining:

Yeah right, all year long Palm has been making bowl predictions. He’s had us playing every team in America except Mississippi. But on the flip side I guess you’re right the committee feels it’s unpatriotic to exclude Bama.

I remember that well. OSU - with one loss - was locked in as the 3rd team and the debate was between Washington and PSU for the 4th spot. No matter how you try and spin it - the 2 loss es killed PSU's chances - especially the blowout loss to Michigan. The committee looks at the season as a whole - not one game. No 2-loss team ever made it into the Playoffs
Of course that would have changed had an SEC champ had two losses….just like no undefeated P5 champ ever got left out. However they need to spin it to get an SEC team in, they will do it.

Yeah right, all year long Palm has been making bowl predictions. He’s had us playing every team in America except Mississippi. But on the flip side I guess you’re right the committee feels it’s unpatriotic to exclude Bama.

You could see it coming a mile away and a guy as connected as Palm should have too: politics rules.

The committee had a choice to make between the right thing...and the easy thing. They went with the latter. Shocking! That's never happened before!

On the bright side, much better to force Michigan to play Alabama in the first game rather than a Florida State team whose offense had been clearly crippled by the unfortunate loss of its star QB.

P.S. Also, don't dis my man Jerry Palm. He predicted Peach versus Mississippi on November 5.

True, at one time or another he also had us playing Oklahoma, Missouri, and Georgia in the Peach...not all at once of course.

In any case, he nailed the bowl!

I'm not--there was a post yesterday by a "expert" that had them at 3. Remember no team that went into CCG weekend ranked #1 has ever missed the playoff so why is Georgia dropping 5 spots?
You keep repeating this and I don’t care to look up. How many times has #1 lost? If it is only the one that is easily remembered, that hardly qualifies as historical.

You keep repeating this and I don’t care to look up. How many times has #1 lost? If it is only the one that is easily remembered, that hardly qualifies as historical.
Georgia 2021 fell to 3
Lots of things happened this year that have never before--how much is that because the system is changed?

The entire resume. We lost by 39 to Michigan and to Pitt. All of that is tied to one game in which we beat them. Remember the committee ranks the top 3 then starts over. We were never compared to Ohio State.
No LBs when we played the cheaters. Horrific Targeting call against PSU didn’t help.
Just as FSU is being penalized for injury/QB, PSU was hurt by injury against UM and was clearly the better team over OSU at the end of the season.

Selective rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT