ADVERTISEMENT

2015 BCS scenario versus PLAYOFF scenario......................

Michael.Felli

Mar 19, 2013
So, again, if we had the OLD system in place, the MNC would be:

1) Clemson
2) Alabama

But, now, with the playoffs, we will have the winner of these two games face one another:

1) Clemson
4) Michigan State

2) Alabama
3) Oklahoma

Well, gotta hand it to Bob Stoops. He knows football and isn't intimidated by teams like FSU or Alabama. And, he walks-the-walk. Gotta like OU going into this game.

As for Clemson, I don't know if they can play SMASH-MOUTH football for 4 quarters. Unless they put Michigan State away early, I like Michigan State in this game.

So, once again, it is likely that the 2015 NATIONAL CHAMPION will be the winner of this game:

3) Oklahoma
4) Michigan State

Attaboy, Felli, start off by getting the initial pairings wrong.

Reactions: wslee1
So, again, if we had the OLD system in place, the MNC would be:

1) Clemson
2) Alabama

But, now, with the playoffs, we will have the winner of these two games face one another:

1) Clemson
4) Michigan State

2) Alabama
3) Oklahoma

Well, gotta hand it to Bob Stoops. He knows football and isn't intimidated by teams like FSU or Alabama. And, he walks-the-walk. Gotta like OU going into this game.

As for Clemson, I don't know if they can play SMASH-MOUTH football for 4 quarters. Unless they put Michigan State away early, I like Michigan State in this game.

So, once again, it is likely that the 2015 NATIONAL CHAMPION will be the winner of this game:

3) Oklahoma
4) Michigan State

First off, it is not a "playoff", it is a 4 team Invitational Tournament (e.g., the teams were invited and seeded by a biased beauty-pageant committee, they did not play their way into their spots). Secondly, you have the BCS Selection Committee's seedings for the Invitational Tournament incorrect - Clemson, Alabama, MSU and Oklahoma received the BCS Selection Committee's 1, 2, 3 and 4 seeds respectively.

Bama is going to roll MSU - people who point at the suckeye's winning last year are laughable; the suckeye's were playing lightyears better than MSU at the end of last season....they were destroying teams going into the playoffs including Wisconsin in the b1g Championship Game 59-0. Bama's defense is going to eat MSU's offense for lunch and soon to be Heisman Winner, Henry, is going to rack up bigger numbers than he did in the SEC Championship Game.

First off, it is not a "playoff", it is a 4 team Invitational Tournament (e.g., the teams were invited and seeded by a biased beauty-pageant committee, they did not play their way into their spots). Secondly, you have the BCS Selection Committee's seedings for the Invitational Tournament incorrect - Clemson, Alabama, MSU and Oklahoma received the BCS Selection Committee's 1, 2, 3 and 4 seeds respectively.

Bama is going to roll MSU - people who point at the suckeye's winning last year are laughable; the suckeye's were playing lightyears better than MSU at the end of last season....they were destroying teams going into the playoffs including Wisconsin in the b1g Championship Game 59-0. Bama's defense is going to eat MSU's offense for lunch and soon to be Heisman Winner, Henry, is going to rack up bigger numbers than he did in the SEC Championship Game.

So March Madness is not a "playoff", it's an "invitational tournament.?" Whatever, Chewie. And the flavor of the day is.......Hereke.

It's a playoff...get over it.

So March Madness is not a "playoff", it's an "invitational tournament.?" Whatever, Chewie. And the flavor of the day is.......Hereke.

Last time I checked, conference championships result in an autobid in most playoff structures. Can't think of any "playoff structure" at the Professional, Collegiate, High School or even Grammar School level where 100% of the spots are determined by subjective "invitation" and a beauty-pageant Selection Committee and there is no way to play your way into the "playoff" by winning your "division", "district", "conference", etc... Laughable and completely non-factual to claim that March Madness bids are determined the same way as this joke run by a bunch of arrogant, ever self-serving & self-interested, otherwise-irrelevant, corupulent douche-bags.

Last time I checked, conference championships result in an autobid in most playoff structures. Can't think of any "playoff structure" at the Professional, Collegiate, High School or even Grammar School level where 100% of the spots are determined by subjective "invitation" and a beauty-pageant Selection Committee and there is no way to play your way into the "playoff" by winning your "division", "district", "conference", etc... Laughable and completely non-factual to claim that March Madness bids are determined the same way as this joke run by a bunch of arrogant, ever self-serving & self-interested, otherwise-irrelevant, corupulent douche-bags.
Clemson, Bama, MSU and Okkahoma were all conference champions that played their way into the playoffs...what's your point?

actually if it was a beauty pageant, tOSU would be in there instead of Sparty. I think the FPI for OSU is #3. I think Sparty is #14. teams like Temple and NW are in the 45-50 FPI range - as they do not win very convincingly.

Clemson, Bama, MSU and Okkahoma were all conference champions that played their way into the playoffs...what's your point?

He's looking for purity in sport. Even though Bama is a conference champion it doesn't belong because it cheats. Oklahoma? Doesn't graduate players, get 'em out of there.

Reactions: Marshall30

Whether you like the playoff or not, you have to admit they got it right this year, granted a lot of things fell the right way for them to do that, but with four teams I don't see anyone who should be out and others who should be in this year.

Whether you like the playoff or not, you have to admit they got it right this year, granted a lot of things fell the right way for them to do that, but with four teams I don't see anyone who should be out and others who should be in this year.
What a crock. That is what we always hear no matter the method employed.

Stanford for one. Arguments could be made for others. Like to see all conference champs in 8 team playoff.

I would like to see an 8 team playoff but right now we don't have one, we have a four team playoff and they got the right teams. Stanford had two losses, they're out. I think 8 teams would be great but then people will be arguing about #'s 6-8. It's an imperfect system and will be no matter what they do. The basketball tournament is imperfect as well...the winner of the Foo Foo conference should not get in over an 18 or 19 game winner from a real conference, but they do.

I would like to see an 8 team playoff but right now we don't have one, we have a four team playoff and they got the right teams. Stanford had two losses, they're out. I think 8 teams would be great but then people will be arguing about #'s 6-8. It's an imperfect system and will be no matter what they do. The basketball tournament is imperfect as well...the winner of the Foo Foo conference should not get in over an 18 or 19 game winner from a real conference, but they do.
You should work for ESPN with that logic.

If UNC would have won they would not have gotten an invite - the ACC Officials made a clearly BS call on UNC's successful Onside Kick to take a final possession away from them which they would have had in Clemson territory with over a minute and all 3 TOs remaining. The call was made so that UNC had no chance of destroying the ACC's "INVITATION" which would NOT have gone to UNC if they had won. Laughable to claim that this is how a "real playoff" works and via point of fact, 100% of the 4 slots in the BCS's Invitational Tournament are by "INVITATION" and 0% are vi auto-bid slots to conference champions. Please name me any other "playoff structure" at any other level where 100% of the slots are via subjective "invitation" by a heavily-vested and biased "selection committee" for some teams and against others??? I'll be waiting - you can't name any other "playoff structure" constituted by self-interested, self-serving promoters (like professional boxing) at any other level, including grammar school, that is constituted and run in this absurd manner. LMFAO that this is essentially the same as any other playoff structure, March Madness, etc....ummmm yea, all except for the fact that it FACTUALLY IS NOT!

You should work for ESPN with that logic.

Really! A team like Gonzaga proves the poster is so full of $hit (and they are one of tons of examples) -- absolutely full of $hit that a team like Gonzaga or any of the Big East teams is not as good as a bottom-feeder in one of the "Power 5 Conferences". Again, the poster is just absolutely full of $hit and arguing contrary to the results of the actual tournament that it isn't even funny.

N
Really! A team like Gonzaga proves the poster is so full of $hit (and they are one of tons of examples) -- absolutely full of $hit that a team like Gonzaga or any of the Big East teams is not as good as a bottom-feeder in one of the "Power 5 Conferences". Again, the poster is just absolutely full of $hit and arguing contrary to the results of the actual tournament that it isn't even funny.
No need to play just have a committee declare a champ.

Gonzaga is ranked every year, not a good example. What about the 16th seeded teams that have NEVER beat a #1 seed in the history of the tournament? Those are the teams that don't deserve to be there. Now they're having play in games to determine which team gets to go be a sacrificial lamb for the #1 seed. And the bulk of the basketball tournament is decided by a committee of self serving, biased people. It sounds to me like you really should stop watching college football...with as jaded an opinion as you have the last thing you should do is watch college football. It's a crap system but it's still fun to watch...obviously you get no enjoyment out of it at all so why do you keep subjecting yourself to it?

If UNC would have won they would not have gotten an invite - the ACC Officials made a clearly BS call on UNC's successful Onside Kick to take a final possession away from them which they would have had in Clemson territory with over a minute and all 3 TOs remaining. The call was made so that UNC had no chance of destroying the ACC's "INVITATION" which would NOT have gone to UNC if they had won. Laughable to claim that this is how a "real playoff" works and via point of fact, 100% of the 4 slots in the BCS's Invitational Tournament are by "INVITATION" and 0% are vi auto-bid slots to conference champions. Please name me any other "playoff structure" at any other level where 100% of the slots are via subjective "invitation" by a heavily-vested and biased "selection committee" for some teams and against others??? I'll be waiting - you can't name any other "playoff structure" constituted by self-interested, self-serving promoters (like professional boxing) at any other level, including grammar school, that is constituted and run in this absurd manner. LMFAO that this is essentially the same as any other playoff structure, March Madness, etc....ummmm yea, all except for the fact that it FACTUALLY IS NOT!
Moot argument... UNC didn't win.

Gonzaga is ranked every year, not a good example. What about the 16th seeded teams that have NEVER beat a #1 seed in the history of the tournament? Those are the teams that don't deserve to be there. Now they're having play in games to determine which team gets to go be a sacrificial lamb for the #1 seed. And the bulk of the basketball tournament is decided by a committee of self serving, biased people. It sounds to me like you really should stop watching college football...with as jaded an opinion as you have the last thing you should do is watch college football. It's a crap system but it's still fun to watch...obviously you get no enjoyment out of it at all so why do you keep subjecting yourself to it?

Huh? There are ranked non-Power 5 teams that make the NCAA Tournament via an auto-bid associated with winning their conference's regular season or post-season every year - what in the he!! does your gibberish about being ranked have to do with anything? You're the one claiming they don't deserve any recognition because they don't play in a P5 Conference??? Non P5 teams fair quite well in March Madness - they prove the diametric opposite of what you're trying to claim, lmfao! Still can't give me any other example of a playoff structure at any level that determines their structure 100% by subjective invites to an "invitational tournament" determined by a self-interested, "selection committee" which is hopelessly biased for and against specific teams and conferences - go figure?!?! I'm shocked you can't back up your rhetoric and demagoguery with actual facts.....okay, maybe I'm not really shocked because I knew you were full of $hit and nothing but BCS bull$hit rhetoric from the get go.

Last edited:
Moot argument... UNC didn't win.

It's not "moot" idiot - the ACC's slot was by INVITATION ONLY and would only go to ACC if Clemson won which is what motivated the BS call which negated UNC's PLAY ON THE FIELD via an intentionally bogus call by the ACC Officials to benefit Clemson (e.g., cheating and throwing the "integrity of the game" out the window to ensure the ACC's economic interest???). And none of this disgraceful bull$hit, boxing-promoter type behavior, which impacts the very integrity of the game being played on the field bothers you in the least....it's all "moot"??? LMFAO at the absurd illogic that some of you morons attempt to pass off as high-level reasoning and logic.

Last edited:
Huh? There are ranked non-Power 5 teams that make the NCAA Tournament via an auto-bid associated with winning their conference's regular season or post-season every year - what in the he!! does your gibberish about being ranked have to do with anything? You're the one claiming they don't deserve any recognition because they don't play in a P5 Conference??? Non P5 teams fair quite well in March Madness - they prove the diametric opposite of what you're trying to claim, lmfao! Still can't give me any other example of a playoff structure at any level that determines their structure 100% by subjective invites to an "invitational tournament" determined by a self-interested, "selection committee" which is hopelessly biased for and against specific teams and conferences - go figure?!?! I'm shocked you can't back up your rhetoric and demagoguery with actual facts.....okay, maybe I'm not really shocked because I knew you were full of $hit and nothing but BCS bull$hit rhetoric from the get go.

No one is suggesting that college football isn't different than any other sport. So what are you suggesting, an 11 team playoff because that would be the only way to make it absolutely fair and take the human element out of it. Eleven conferences so eleven teams in the playoffs. Good luck making an 11 team bracket work. And I may be full of $hit, but at least I don't constantly complain about something and call it corrupt yet still watch it. My "rhetoric" as you call it is just saying that the system is not great but they did get the four teams right this year. How that got turned into me being full of shit is only something your convoluted mind could conjure up.

No one is suggesting that college football isn't different than any other sport. So what are you suggesting, an 11 team playoff because that would be the only way to make it absolutely fair and take the human element out of it. Eleven conferences so eleven teams in the playoffs. Good luck making an 11 team bracket work. And I may be full of $hit, but at least I don't constantly complain about something and call it corrupt yet still watch it. My "rhetoric" as you call it is just saying that the system is not great but they did get the four teams right this year. How that got turned into me being full of shit is only something your convoluted mind could conjure up.
You are buying the establishment arguments hook, line and sinker. It's always "this year we got it right". And stop with the strawman 11 team playoff.

You are buying the establishment arguments hook, line and sinker. It's always "this year we got it right". And stop with the strawman 11 team playoff.

I'm not buying anything, I would rather see an 8 team playoff but that won't stop the arguments. There will always be teams that feel they got the shaft. And the 11 team playoff is the only fair way to do it according to Franklin/Bushwood.

More of your typical bull$hit - your typically self-righteous, bull$hit "nobody is trying to suggest anything....blah, blah, blah". This entire thing started via YOU PEDANTICALLY CORRECTING ME that this is a "playoff" in structure despite the fact it is provably NOT A "playoff structure" and ABSOLUTELY AND FACTUALLY IS an "invitational tournament structure". IOW, a clearly jagoff move of using spin, pablum and rhetoric to go out of your way to label somebody else "wrong" when they absolutely are not "wrong", are FACTUALLY correct and you know they are factually correct (e.g., you know equally well that you are full of $hit and doing nothing but propagating the boxing-promoter BCS a-holes bullshiz, propaganda and marketing spin).

More of your typical bull$hit - your typically self-righteous, bull$hit "nobody is trying to suggest anything....blah, blah, blah". This entire thing started via YOU PEDANTICALLY CORRECTING ME that this is a "playoff" in structure despite the fact it is provably NOT A "playoff structure" and ABSOLUTELY AND FACTUALLY IS an "invitational tournament structure". IOW, a clearly jagoff move of using spin, pablum and rhetoric to go out of your way to label somebody else "wrong" when they absolutely are not "wrong", are FACTUALLY correct and you know they are factually correct (e.g., you know equally well that you are full of $hit and doing nothing but propagating the boxing-promoter BCS a-holes bullshiz, propaganda and marketing spin).

I suggest you go back and read my posts...nowhere did I say this was not an invitational structure...of course it is. And I did not say you were wrong, I said they got the right four teams this year and I asked who they missed. I am not as worked up about this system as you are obviously and I don't think it's the best solution (as I've stated three times). In case I was not clear (although I'm not sure how I wasn't) I think there should be an 8 team playoff! There, I said it, spin it anyway you want but I don't think you can twist that any other way. With that being said, we don't have 8 teams, we have 4 teams and I think they "invited" the correct 4 teams this year.

It's not "moot" idiot - the ACC's slot was by INVITATION ONLY and would only go to ACC if Clemson won which is what motivated the BS call which negated UNC's PLAY ON THE FIELD via an intentionally bogus call by the ACC Officials to benefit Clemson (e.g., cheating and throwing the "integrity of the game" out the window to ensure the ACC's economic interest???). And none of this disgraceful bull$hit, boxing-promoter type behavior, which impacts the very integrity of the game being played on the field bothers you in the least....it's all "moot"??? LMFAO at the absurd illogic that some of you morons attempt to pass of as high-level reasoning and logic.
Sigh...your schtick is tiresome.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT