ADVERTISEMENT

2016 Bowl Projections - Am I first?

Hey, for your reading amusement. First bowl projections of the year????

Book now for the Holiday Bowl vs. the Ducks. I guess we had a pretty good year. That went fast.

http://notredame.247sports.com/Gallery/2016-College-Football-Bowl-Projections-44708880?utm_source=247Sports Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=160411_094821_Notre Dame Fighting Irish&utm_content=Link
I missed it. How was our offensive line play this year? Did Say Say have that break out year we hoped for? Oh well. There is always next year.

Bowl season is a long way away. We'll see how things work out. Personally, I think the defense is going to be fine. By season's end, it could be better as a unit. I fully expect the linebackers and secondary to be better regardless. The questions are up front. If Chavis delivers at nose tackle, the unit takes a half step back at worst. Offensively, I have questions. The 14/15 Penn State offense was the worst coached unit in America but a new man is in charge, a position coached has switched positions, one position coach is gone, his replacement looks like an upgrade. I don't see they new (sort of) staff putting the players into positions to fail nearly as often as the old one. Hopefully not at all. I don't see a playoff birth this year but State could see a 9 or 10 win season. Maybe 11 as a realistic best case scenario. I could also see something worse.

Right now, assuming Stevens is the starting QB, State heads to the Holiday, Outback or Citrus Bowls.

Bowl season is a long way away. We'll see how things work out. Personally, I think the defense is going to be fine. By season's end, it could be better as a unit. I fully expect the linebackers and secondary to be better regardless. The questions are up front. If Chavis delivers at nose tackle, the unit takes a half step back at worst. Offensively, I have questions. The 14/15 Penn State offense was the worst coached unit in America but a new man is in charge, a position coached has switched positions, one position coach is gone, his replacement looks like an upgrade. I don't see they new (sort of) staff putting the players into positions to fail nearly as often as the old one. Hopefully not at all. I don't see a playoff birth this year but State could see a 9 or 10 win season. Maybe 11 as a realistic best case scenario. I could also see something worse.

Right now, assuming Stevens is the starting QB, State heads to the Holiday, Outback or Citrus Bowls.

So you think Stevens beats out Trace for the starting job? Interesting...

Yes I do. Based on what I have been told, he isn't a serious candidate for the starting job, and after watching and rewatching the bowl game, I would tend to believe that is the case. Others disagree but it is really hard to argue his arm (and I really hate to agree with the paid troll at Pennlive) talent wouldn't be a killer against the top teams in the conference.

I don't think Trace is an after thought, I think he is going to play a valuable role, just not as a starter because I don't see starter qualities in him.

I don't think Trace is an after thought, I think he is going to play a valuable role, just not as a starter because I don't see starter qualities in him.
Yet he was an enormously successful 4 year starter in high school in a highly competitive big school league. Have you checked with 21Miles yet regarding the starting OL -- pins and needles here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT