ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

He's now Mississippi States top target too...

Same goes for Chris Tyree... I get it, i really do, but if these kids go south, it will not be to MSU. Just would not make any sense. There have been good coaches at MSU and the recruiting was rather bad comparing to other SEC schools. Kids will not flock to MSU just because of JM. I hope he does well, but he is much better off spending his time in the south recruiting

Reactions: TheGLOV
Same goes for Chris Tyree... I get it, i really do, but if these kids go south, it will not be to MSU. Just would not make any sense. There have been good coaches at MSU and the recruiting was rather bad comparing to other SEC schools. Kids will not flock to MSU just because of JM. I hope he does well, but he is much better off spending his time in the south recruiting

Agree almost entirely. Believe that Moorhead and Huff are leveraging extant relationships they made while recruiting for PSU. Makes sense, but in forging new ones they should concentrate in the areas where MSU has been traditionally strong.

Forced OSU to offer this kid earlier than they wanted to. JF taking the fight to Meyer in his own state.

With the bulk of 2018 in the books I will make an early guess at the class of 2019 on December 20th 2018:
  • Keaton Ellis - 3* CB PA
  • Ta'Quan Roberson - 3* QB NJ
  • Garrett Shrader - 3* QB NC
  • Antonio Alfano - 4/5* DT NJ
  • Lewis Cine - 4* S MA
  • Brandon Smith - 4* OLB VA
  • Shane Lee - 4* ILB MD
  • DeMarcco Hellams - 4* WR MD
  • Joseph Wete - 4* DE DC
  • Steven Faucheux - 4* DT OH
  • Caedan Wallace - 4* OG NJ
  • Nyquee Hawkins - 4* CB NJ
  • Darrian Dalcourt - 4* OT MD
  • Andrew Kristofic - 3/4* OT PA
  • Jordan Houston - 3/4* RB VA
  • Jeremiah Gray - 3* S NC
  • Dean Engram - 3* WR DC
  • John Metchie - 3* WR MD
  • Andre White - 3* LB PA
Right now I have it at a 19 player class. Numbers are still tight next year, but McGovern, Bates, Reid, and Sanders could go pro, to a lesser extent Bucholz, Givens, Miller, and Johnson could play their way into that decision. So, this class could end up bigger.

More concerning is only 3 players from PA. I have Kristofic in, but he doesn't have an offer yet, I think he will get one as he is going to be a 4 star soon. Will we offer Imhotep's Omar Speights, Tykee Smith, or Yusuf Terry? Will we offer Aliquippa CB MJ Devonshire, who was rocking PSU gloves in he WPIAL playoffs? How about CC WR Corey Thomas? Warwick TE Hayden Rucci?

I have us taking 2 QBs. If Sanders goes off next year it could be 2 RBs as well.

Shrader, Ellis, Kristofic, and Houston will be 4* in the next set of rankings. Roberson and Metchie can get there as well. I think Shrader, Alfano, and Smith could end up 5*s. 5-6 top 100 guys.

With the bulk of 2018 in the books I will make an early guess at the class of 2019 on December 20th 2018:
  • Keaton Ellis - 3* CB PA
  • Ta'Quan Roberson - 3* QB NJ
  • Garrett Shrader - 3* QB NC
  • Antonio Alfano - 4/5* DT NJ
  • Lewis Cine - 4* S MA
  • Brandon Smith - 4* OLB VA
  • Shane Lee - 4* ILB MD
  • DeMarcco Hellams - 4* WR MD
  • Joseph Wete - 4* DE DC
  • Steven Faucheux - 4* DT OH
  • Caedan Wallace - 4* OG NJ
  • Nyquee Hawkins - 4* CB NJ
  • Darrian Dalcourt - 4* OT MD
  • Andrew Kristofic - 3/4* OT PA
  • Jordan Houston - 3/4* RB VA
  • Jeremiah Gray - 3* S NC
  • Dean Engram - 3* WR DC
  • John Metchie - 3* WR MD
  • Andre White - 3* LB PA
Right now I have it at a 19 player class. Numbers are still tight next year, but McGovern, Bates, Reid, and Sanders could go pro, to a lesser extent Bucholz, Givens, Miller, and Johnson could play their way into that decision. So, this class could end up bigger.

More concerning is only 3 players from PA. I have Kristofic in, but he doesn't have an offer yet, I think he will get one as he is going to be a 4 star soon. Will we offer Imhotep's Omar Speights, Tykee Smith, or Yusuf Terry? Will we offer Aliquippa CB MJ Devonshire, who was rocking PSU gloves in he WPIAL playoffs? How about CC WR Corey Thomas? Warwick TE Hayden Rucci?

I have us taking 2 QBs. If Sanders goes off next year it could be 2 RBs as well.

Shrader, Ellis, Kristofic, and Houston will be 4* in the next set of rankings. Roberson and Metchie can get there as well. I think Shrader, Alfano, and Smith could end up 5*s. 5-6 top 100 guys.

Nice work and list. But with CJF getting at most 4 OL recruits for 2018, and the load of WR talent in the 2018 class (especially if he lands Enis), I'm believing that for 2019 he takes 4 olinemen and may only take 2 WR's .....

Last edited:
Dohn just put in a CB for Cine to Penn State....offers from PSU, OSU, ND, Mich, Wisc, FL, GA....

Reactions: bmw199
May I add the top ranked DE in the class of 2019?
Zach Harrison
2019 DE
6.1 6'5" 245
Lewis Center , OH 14

He likes the visit(s) he has had at Penn State.

OL
Unlikely. We will certainly be in on him though, Dobbs in Mi too. Be a huge coup to pull either out of their state. I would guess OSU and MSU respectively

May I add the top ranked DE in the class of 2019?
Zach Harrison
2019 DE
6.1 6'5" 245
Lewis Center , OH 14

He likes the visit(s) he has had at Penn State.

OL

From Eleven Warriors forum

OH2MD 21 HOURS AGO
[OSU Recruiting writer]Gleitman reports that Harrison is not a lock to Ohio State. PSU is a major player to land him apparently.

IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY 21 HOURS AGO
I dont even want to think of the meltdown if OSU doesnt get him.

Braxton2Devin 13 HOURS AGO
I don't think I could ever get over losing Harrison to any other team, let alone PSU and f#cking Franklin. He is the best in-state prospect we've seen in YEARS.

Yes, it would be a huge coup. However, I know he has really enjoyed his time at Penn State and has a very good connection with the coaches.

This is correct, Judge.

OL

Any recruit we get to a white out game, particularly last year's blasting of Michigan, we're going to be a factor in their recruitment. There really isn't a stadium atmosphere that can compete with it, anywhere.

2019 recruit comments from October:

"Fans were crazy like always and for them to break the record with 110,000 plus people is insane. "
"Best atmosphere in college sports. Period."
“Wild is the word I would use,”
“It’s fun to watch and just to feel that energy is special."
“The environment was crazy and it gets crazier, We actually set history today with 110,000 people."
“I thought that the environment was loud, exciting, and fun. Biggest takeaway would probably be that there really aren't too many places like Penn State. After this experience they definitely move high up my list.”
“It was an amazing experience from beginning to the end. The fans and everything were out of control."
"I see why the WhiteOut games are so special at Penn State, it’s a different atmosphere than regular games."
“Happy Valley is unworldly,”
"The atmosphere was like no other,"

From Eleven Warriors forum

OH2MD 21 HOURS AGO
[OSU Recruiting writer]Gleitman reports that Harrison is not a lock to Ohio State. PSU is a major player to land him apparently.

IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY 21 HOURS AGO
I dont even want to think of the meltdown if OSU doesnt get him.

Braxton2Devin 13 HOURS AGO
I don't think I could ever get over losing Harrison to any other team, let alone PSU and f#cking Franklin. He is the best in-state prospect we've seen in YEARS.

Ozone

Just showed Ohio JR Zach Harrison. 19’ DE. Wow. Dude is gigantic. 6’7. ESPN has him #1 de * - Carlos Danger [15:38:07 01/06/18] (7)

Just watched Truss's hudl video. Not just enormous. Dude looks like he can run. My favorite part is how he finishes his pancake blocks with extreme prejudice. He might have the nasty streak CJF wants in an offensive lineman.

Of course he is from the northeast, so he couldn't possibly be any good. Rivals will give him 3 stars because he's not from FL, GA, or TX.

Since the offer, six predictions for Penn State have come in for Truss. Most notably, two of them were from Sean Fitz and Steve Wiltfong, so this might be a good kid to keep an eye on down the line.

By Dan Vecellio on January 8, 2018 at 8:01 am @djvecellio
3650_h.jpg

Courtesy 247Sports

• 2019 OL GETS AN OFFER
Warwick, Rhode Island's Xavier Truss (Bishop Hendrickson HS) showed off in underclassman work at this past weekend's Army All-America Game in San Antonio. The 247Sports national recruiting team was there and put Truss on their first-team of prospects from the Combine.

The Warwick (R.I.) Bishop Hendricken offensive tackle had one of the best frames in the building, was smooth in testing and a force in 1-on-1s.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT