ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

akai Moore article on his interview with Philly Sports Network prior to his visit at PSU.

He's narrowed it down to Clemson, South Carolina and PSU, and will visit Clemson on 12/14. Article says he intends to commit on January 19th.

For commit/sign dates, for the ones I am watching, here is an updated list in order of date (not specific time):

Trevor Keegan - 12/14/18
Zach Harrison - 12/19/18
Noah Cain - 12/19/18
Jalen Curry - 12/19/18
Cornelius Johnson - 12/19/19
John Dixon - 12/19/19
Adisa Isaac - no date - listed as an early sign and enrollee - in-home with TAM tomorrow and visit to Cuse this coming weekend
Jakai Moore - 01/19/19
Noa P-Gates - 01/19/19
D'Von Ellis - 01/19/19
Mark Antony Richards - 02/06/19
Jaquaze Sorrells - unknown - thought I read somewhere that it was early January
Jared H-Hunte - still no date - still receiving offers

Reposted and many thanks to original poster.

Reactions: MilesBarkley
Several CBs coming for Cain to PSU

Saquon's work ethic is still paying dividends.

Reminds me of LeGarrette Blount in running style. Patient and powerful and often find himself in space after breaking tackles. A different style back than we've recruited and a needed player.

I wonder what this means for 2020. After 2 top 100 backs can we get 2 5* running backs? Does Lloyd move toward Locks at UMD and open a spot for Ali Barkley?

Last edited:
Reminds me of LeGarrette Blount in running style. Patient and powerful and often find himself in space after breaking tackles. A different style back then we've recruited and a needed player.

I wonder what this means for 2020. After 2 top 100 backs can we get 2 5* running backs? Does Lloyd move toward Locks at UMD and open a spot for Ali Barkley?
Ali Barkley? Only if he explodes as a "late bloomer." Perhaps a "preferred walk on."

Reminds me of LeGarrette Blount in running style. Patient and powerful and often find himself in space after breaking tackles. A different style back then we've recruited and a needed player.

Why worry about 2020 now? Just land Cain and Ford and take it from there.

PSU recruiting related. . .

What's the latest on him and legal issues? Not that I think he will be coming to Penn State, as that ship has long sailed...

Last I saw a judge got his case moved to juvenile court and he was playing in an all-star football game last May. Young man got pretty lucky and I hope he is grateful and takes advantage of his second chance.

What's the latest on him and legal issues? Not that I think he will be coming to Penn State, as that ship has long sailed...

Last I saw a judge got his case moved to juvenile court and he was playing in an all-star football game last May. Young man got pretty lucky and I hope he is fortunate of his second chance.
Agree. He has been given a big gift and a second chance. I'm really hoping he takes advantage of it and lights it up.

To transition this back to 2019 recruiting thread....

With there being buzz around John Dunmore and Miami, and if Penn State will hang on...

Miami's defensive coordinator is taking the Temple HC job, and they are having a string of decommits from South Florida guys (all on defensive side of the ball). 4 decommits all in the last 24 hours:
2019 LB - Sam Brooks
2019 CB - Jarvis Brownlee
2020 S - Keshawn Washington
2020 S - Jaiden Francois

Yes, Dunmore is a WR, but something to keep an eye on especially if the Miami defensive coordinator takes a few guys with him from Miami's staff
Or if...
JD's high school teammates who are in his ear about getting him to go to Miami with them decommit now, etc.

All 3 of his 2019 high school teammates that are committed to Miami are on the defensive side of the ball.
S - Keontra Smith
CB - Te'Cory Couch
DE - Cameron Williams

I predict Dunmore to sign with Penn State next Wednesday.

Last edited:
To transition this back to 2019 recruiting thread....

With there being buzz around John Dunmore and Miami, and if Penn State will hang on...

Miami's defensive coordinator is taking the Temple HC job, and they are having a string of decommits from South Florida guys (all on defensive side of the ball). 4 decommits all in the last 24 hours:
2019 LB - Sam Brooks
2019 CB - Jarvis Brownlee
2020 S - Keshawn Washington
2020 S - Jaiden Francois

Yes, Dunmore is a WR, but something to keep an eye on especially if the Miami defensive coordinator takes a few guys with him from Miami's staff
Or if...
JD's high school teammates who are in his ear about getting him to go to Miami with them decommit now, etc.

All 3 of his 2019 high school teammates that are committed to Miami are on the defensive side of the ball.
S - Keontra Smith
CB - Te'Cory Couch
DE - Cameron Williams

I predict Dunmore to sign with Penn State next Wednesday.

From an outsider's prospective, it seems like the visit yesterday went very well. I also think I have underestimated the relationship Seider has with Dunmore and his family - it almost seems like Seider is family to them.

From an outsider's prospective, it seems like the visit yesterday went very well. I also think I have underestimated the relationship Seider has with Dunmore and his family - it almost seems like Seider is family to them.
When PSU was first battling FSU for Dunmore, FSU posters referred to Seider as a father figure and best friend of Dunmore. It's amazing that the PSU staff 1,000 miles away has a better relationship with Dunmore and his family than the Miami staff 20 miles away.

Reactions: eidolon21

Last I saw a judge got his case moved to juvenile court and he was playing in an all-star football game last May. Young man got pretty lucky and I hope he is grateful and takes advantage of his second chance.

Convicted as a juvenile and is at Glen Mills School.

Convicted as a juvenile and is at Glen Mills School.
Glen Mills does a great service
We played them in Basketball there, great atmosphere and the student body comes in about 15 minutes prior to tip and cheers loudly and directed only at their team. Not one word directed at other team or out they go.

Hard to see next week being a disappointment. As it currently stands, PSU has a star-heavy class of 16, and 9 or 10 early enrollees. That high number of EEs is a big jump for the program, and there is very little smoke on decommits or open-ups at this point.

They have two top 20 OGs in this class. Of course, they are thin at DT and could use an OT or two.

But, thinking optimistically:
Both Givens and Windsor are likely going to stay. Then you have Jr, Jr, So, So, So waiting in the wings with (respectively) Jordan, Shelton, Hansard, Barber, and Mustipher. OL is relatively similar without having seen the younger guys yet take the field.

If they get all 16, then there is likely to be a good number of open spots available for OL/DL recruits who lost at musical-recruiting-chairs to find a home at PSU. I wouldn't be surprised to a couple of Robert Windsor type recruits to come out of nowhere in the early new year, and that's even if Ellies, Hunte, etc go elsewhere.

Reactions: Judge Smails
Reading between the lines of what his family is saying, it sounds like Miami has a lot of ground to make up with Dunmore on this weekend's OV if they want to pull him away from PSU (if he even makes the OV)

Think Miami has bigger concerns right now than worrying about Dunmore, TBH. I'd be shocked if he doesn't sign with PSU at this point.

Reactions: ELDADDY and TheGLOV
Everyone is familiar with CJF's views on giving a verbal commitment to him and Penn State. "It's like dating...", No visiting elsewhere, etc.

Other than Dunmore taking an OV to Miami this weekend, anyone know of any other 2019 Penn State commits that visited elsewhere AFTER giving verbal to CJF and Penn State?

So with under a week to go...here is what things may look like IMO. Things are fluid and it's late so of course it could change. Just a best guess here.

Isaac
Cain
Moore
Ellies (starting to sound more and more likely, didn't think that was the case)
JHH (wildcard here...of course both DT's are)
Vilbert (a bit up in the air still here)

Hopefully they also hang on to Dunmore. I think you may see them really go after another WR post 12/19 if a ship is out there. Bill Greene mentioned the tall late bloomer out of Ohio being really high on PSU. If Dunmore sticks and the others come onboard, it's another really strong class on top of what they did last year.

So with under a week to go...here is what things may look like IMO. Things are fluid and it's late so of course it could change. Just a best guess here.

Isaac
Cain
Moore

Hopefully they also hang on to Dunmore. I think you may see them really go after another WR post 12/19 if a ship is out there. Bill Greene mentioned the tall late bloomer out of Ohio being really high on PSU. If Dunmore sticks and the others come onboard, it's another really strong class on top of what they did last year.
PSU is considered the favorite for all 6 of those guys and PSU has a real shot at Doug Nester the OSU commit and Marc Antony Richards. We may even be the favorite for those 2. That would get us to 24 assuming Dunmore sticks.

Isaac
Cain
Moore

Sounds like Moore is pushing past the first signing day.

Think we have a very good shot to flip Nester from Ohio State. Top 100 overall, we will get an OV in January.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT