ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

Harrison has the size where you could move him all around the D line to create double teams to open up gaps for blitzers. it would be very fun to be his DC if it comes together for him.

correct me if Im wrong, but Isaac, while much lighter than Harrison, is the more polished player right now ..... ?

Last edited:
Sounds like Ohio State about to lose their top rated defensive recruit to Bama...

BATTLE WAGES ON
Jordan Battle is expected to make a decision by the end of the week. Alabama has been in hot pursuit of the Buckeye commit and the Tide coaching staff visited recently as well. Ryan Day is scheduled to check in with his top-rated defensive pledge this evening and a final decision looms with Battle slated to sign with someone next week.

At 6-foot-1 and 187 pounds, he's capable of playing either cornerback or safety at the next level and this would be a pretty big blow if the Buckeyes are unable to hang on. Three defensive backs are in the fold right now with Battle being the most likely to end up manning one of the corner spots. Alabama already has 24 commitments including three cornerbacks and a pair of safeties, but does that ever matter for a school like Bama?

Daxton Hill's flip to the Crimson Tide could be the saving grace here, but that recruitment may not be over yet with Michigan still looking to get the five-star back in the fold. Most of the Bama insiders seem to think Saban would welcome Battle regardless of what goes down with Hill, though there are multiple five-stars still in his crosshairs as well.

We've said this before but officially landing Jordan Battle next week may be the top priority for Ryan Day and the staff right now.

Nikkibucksfan 10 HOURS AGO
This just in...Jordan Battle is about to decommit. A blow to our recruiting class...

FormerBuck 9 HOURS AGO
I’m guessing her source is Birm’s tweet. He tweeted that bad recruiting news is coming for Ohio State from Florida

LB U 1 HOUR AGO
I'm not sure you are misreading it. It sounds like Battle is going to Bama, and Dax Hill is going back to Michigan. This obviously would suck. I'm hoping we can just hang on to a top 15 class at this point..
Roll Tide!!!

Reactions: Judge Smails
Sounds like Ohio State about to lose their top rated defensive recruit to Bama...

BATTLE WAGES ON
Jordan Battle is expected to make a decision by the end of the week. Alabama has been in hot pursuit of the Buckeye commit and the Tide coaching staff visited recently as well. Ryan Day is scheduled to check in with his top-rated defensive pledge this evening and a final decision looms with Battle slated to sign with someone next week.

At 6-foot-1 and 187 pounds, he's capable of playing either cornerback or safety at the next level and this would be a pretty big blow if the Buckeyes are unable to hang on. Three defensive backs are in the fold right now with Battle being the most likely to end up manning one of the corner spots. Alabama already has 24 commitments including three cornerbacks and a pair of safeties, but does that ever matter for a school like Bama?

Daxton Hill's flip to the Crimson Tide could be the saving grace here, but that recruitment may not be over yet with Michigan still looking to get the five-star back in the fold. Most of the Bama insiders seem to think Saban would welcome Battle regardless of what goes down with Hill, though there are multiple five-stars still in his crosshairs as well.

We've said this before but officially landing Jordan Battle next week may be the top priority for Ryan Day and the staff right now.

Nikkibucksfan 10 HOURS AGO
This just in...Jordan Battle is about to decommit. A blow to our recruiting class...

FormerBuck 9 HOURS AGO
I’m guessing her source is Birm’s tweet. He tweeted that bad recruiting news is coming for Ohio State from Florida

LB U 1 HOUR AGO
I'm not sure you are misreading it. It sounds like Battle is going to Bama, and Dax Hill is going back to Michigan. This obviously would suck. I'm hoping we can just hang on to a top 15 class at this point..
For the lack of an Urban a class was lost.

correct me if Im wrong, but Isaac, while much lighter than Harrison, is the more polished player right now ..... ?
No, he's very raw too. 20 some lbs lighter and can less afford to rely on natural strength to move opponents, but I don't think he'll ever have that bull rush that Harrison can fall back on. This is just my take remember, not worth the keys being typed on....I recommend watching their hudl videos. Watch Harrison at the Opening too.

LB U 1 HOUR AGO

Life at Ohio State after Urban Meyer.

iu

LB U 1 HOUR AGO

^^^This is definitely an interesting story line....

Dax Hill is a 5-star Safety and flipped his commitment from Michigan to Alabama last Saturday (12/8).

There is now buzz that Jordan Battle, who is a 4-star Safety flips his commitment from Ohio State to Alabama....and that Dax Hill is going to flip back to Michigan....

tenor.gif

Since nobody knows what is going on with Harrison, it's reasonable to suggest that there was no basis for the previously held common opinion that he was a Michigan lock. This is not to say that he's coming here, but there simply is no reason out there for anyone to have reached a conclusion that he's definitely going to Michigan, either.

This thing is still up in the air, and unless there is real inside info out there that I can't find, we are in it as much as UM or OSU.

Reactions: OhioLion
Since nobody knows what is going on with Harrison, it's reasonable to suggest that there was no basis for the previously held common opinion that he was a Michigan lock. This is not to say that he's coming here, but there simply is no reason out there for anyone to have reached a conclusion that he's definitely going to Michigan, either.

This thing is still up in the air, and unless there is real inside info out there that I can't find, we are in it as much as UM or OSU.

Sounded to me like he was considered more of a Michigan lock a while back. Since then Don Brown's genius was exposed at the OSU game and now with Brown looking at other coaching jobs there is a question mark there too. Just a thought

The Harrison’s have been very good at keeping their hand close to the vest. They haven’t had a lot of media interviews leaning one way or the other. Before the season, there were reports that he would have committed to Penn State had it been in Columbus. It will be interesting no matter where he goes. They’ve played the game very well.

Reactions: brupsu
Sounded to me like he was considered more of a Michigan lock a while back. Since then Don Brown's genius was exposed at the OSU game and now with Brown looking at other coaching jobs there is a question mark there too. Just a thought

In retrospect, you wonder where the info came to make that claim, though. There is simply no information about anything. It's all speculation based on wishful thinking.

In retrospect, you wonder where the info came to make that claim, though. There is simply no information about anything. It's all speculation based on wishful thinking.
And because the young man and his family have decided to approach this in a less showy and public way than the norm. I'm a fan of his wherever he decides to go. He, perhaps more than almost any other recruit, deserves our respect for the mature way he's dealt with this decision.

And because the young man and his family have decided to approach this in a less showy and public way than the norm. I'm a fan of his wherever he decides to go. He, perhaps more than almost any other recruit, deserves our respect for the mature way he's dealt with this decision.
Wilkins was the same way. Some kids don't want to deal with all of the calls and speculation...can't say I blame them either.

iu

BGSUBuckeye08 8 MINUTES AGO
apparently PSU knocked visits with Harrison and his parents out of the park and Bill Greene says not to count them out. Also Greene is reporting that Battle told Day to not even waste his time coming to visit him because OSU was eliminated.

Independence Vi...
I could live with him going to Psu. They did have us whooped the last couple years before miraculous comebacks.

Last edited:

It’s never just Brown. It’s always DON. BROWN. :eek: . hairball, Rahne, Pry, DON. BROWN. :eek: .

Just a little perspective.. regardless of how our class turns out.. a couple of years ago a vanderbilt fan came to the board talking about how great a recruiter Franklin is. He told us to 'enjoy it, it'll be fun' He wasn't kidding.. this is fun. Hard to keep up with this staff! Btw, some really funny gifs being posted. Thanks guys, they're great.. keep 'em coming

So the fanbase that rooted for Urban F*cking Meyer and Zack Smith for 7 years thinks Franklin is a "Used Car Salesman"? Hilarious. And come up with a better insult than that cliched bullshit. Let me know when Franklin is covering for his wife beating, bagman of an assistant coach who is sending deliveries of sex toys to the football offices. Yeah, that program was totally on the straight and narrow. What a goddamn joke.

Napbuck 1 HOUR AGO
Franklin is a used car salesmen.....

Actionstanleyjackson48 MINUTES AGO
If Harrison goes to PSU...then that would be comical. Franklin is a swarmy used car salesman

STU10 35 MINUTES AGO
Seriously, If Harrison and his family think the slimy Franklin is not a total 'Used Car Salesman' .....

So the fanbase that rooted for Urban F*cking Meyer and Zack Smith for 7 years thinks Franklin is a "Used Car Salesman"? Hilarious. And come up with a better insult than that cliched bullshit.

Napbuck 1 HOUR AGO

If Harrison goes to PSU...then that would be comical. Franklin is a swarmy used car salesman

STU10 35 MINUTES AGO
Seriously, If Harrison and his family think the slimy Franklin is not a total 'Used Car Salesman' .....
Post the interview with Nick Scott's Dad about Franklin. Scott's dad I believe is a Harvard professor and articulates why Franklin is such a good coach and person. Something the Trailer Park portion of the Buckeye fanbase won't get as they are in fact....used car saleman.

So the fanbase that rooted for Urban F*cking Meyer and Zack Smith for 7 years thinks Franklin is a "Used Car Salesman"? Hilarious. And come up with a better insult than that cliched bullshit. Let me know when Franklin is covering for his wife beating, bagman of an assistant coach who is sending deliveries of sex toys to the football offices. Yeah, that program was totally on the straight and narrow. What a goddamn joke.

Napbuck 1 HOUR AGO

STU10 35 MINUTES AGO

Well, if any fan base would know about used car salesmen it would be Ohio State. Tressel was known for arranging some used car deals.

Post the interview with Nick Scott's Dad about Franklin. Scott's dad I believe is a Harvard professor and articulates why Franklin is such a good coach and person. Something the Trailer Park portion of the Buckeye fanbase won't get as they are in fact....used car saleman.

Franklin has a degree in psychology and a master's degree in educational leadership. His teams have broken PATERNO'S records for team GPA, the team is heavily involved in charity work, and have been great citizens. All while winning at a high level. There is nothing at all "used car salesmen" about Franklin. The development of the players as men is as important to Penn State and Franklin as win at all costs is to Ohio State.

Franklin has a degree in psychology and a master's degree in educational leadership. His teams have broken PATERNO'S records for team GPA, the team is heavily involved in charity work, and have been great citizens. All while winning at a high level. There is nothing at all "used car salesmen" about Franklin. The development of the players as men is as important to Penn State and Franklin as win at all costs is to Ohio State.
No doubt, it's a dumb cliche thrown about by a dumb portion of that fanbase. Much like UM's jimjim and wolve that visit here...they're idiots.

iu

BGSUBuckeye08 8 MINUTES AGO
apparently PSU knocked visits with Harrison and his parents out of the park and Bill Greene says not to count them out. Also Greene is reporting that Battle told Day to not even waste his time coming to visit him because OSU was eliminated.

Independence Vi...
I could live with him going to Psu. They did have us whooped the last couple years before miraculous comebacks.

The candor is....

tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT