ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

https://www.theitem.com/stories/tigers-looking-to-lure-another-highly-touted-dt-prospect,317954

11/2018 article: in brief
Native of Nigeria.
SCar, UNC, and Clemson were early offers. Native of Nigeria.
Projects as OL or DL.
He can return to high school for another season and sign with the 2020 class
___
Not sure how the return-to-high-school-for-another-year works, but this likely explains why his HUDL videos say "Junior Year"

https://n.rivals.com/news/introducing-6-foot-8-280-pound-nigerian-lineman-wisdom-asaboro
11/2018 article: In brief

Came to US at 16 - lives with host family - enrolled in school as a sophmore in 2016
Went back to Nigeria at the end of school that year and then came back to HS in US in August of 2018 - was enrolled as Junior because he needed additional classes
Then they (whoever) sent for his 2017-18 Nigerian transcript, had it translated and realized that he had sufficient credits to be eligible for 2019 class. His HS is looking at him as a 2020 prospect but he wants to be a 2019 prospect. [[Reads as if he won't be able to play HS ball in 2019 due to being just over the age limit. He's 18 as of the date of the article]]

Too bad he can't play another year of high school, as he looks like he could have developed into a 5 star Running Back!!

;););)

Reactions: MoyerJones
Eleven Warriors

HilltopHustle 3 HOURS AGO
Day suddenly going in home with Nester tonight? Trying to block his visit to PSU this weekend. Wiltfong suggesting that if Nester gets to PSU, he's flipping.

4thandLong 1 HOUR AGO
This late in the process it seems like this Nester guy doesn't really want to be a Buckeye for what ever reason. That's his choice to live with.

216ToThe614 1 HOUR AGO
He's a borderline 5 star at our greatest position of need. It would be unwise to downplay the significance of a swing and a miss here.

Eleven Warriors

HilltopHustle 3 HOURS AGO
Day suddenly going in home with Nester tonight? Trying to block his visit to PSU this weekend. Wiltfong suggesting that if Nester gets to PSU, he's flipping.

4thandLong 1 HOUR AGO
This late in the process it seems like this Nester guy doesn't really want to be a Buckeye for what ever reason. That's his choice to live with.

216ToThe614 1 HOUR AGO
He's a borderline 5 star at our greatest position of need. It would be unwise to downplay the significance of a swing tball. and a miss here.
Nester is highly rated but he is my third choice at OT. I think Jones and Asaboro are far better athletes and have higher ceilings if they work hard. Jones at first seemed to be the second coming of Logan-El until I saw him playing basketball. He works hard and has great feet. Asaboro would be a 5 star if the recruiting services knew about him earlier. Huge and athletic. He’s my first choice. Two of those three would be a great finish to the recruiting year.

Nester is highly rated but he is my third choice at OT. I think Jones and Asaboro are far better athletes and have higher ceilings if they work hard. Jones at first seemed to be the second coming of Logan-El until I saw him playing basketball. He works hard and has great feet. Asaboro would be a 5 star if the recruiting services knew about him earlier. Huge and athletic. He’s my first choice. Two of those three would be a great finish to the recruiting year.

Well, let's just land all 3, then sort it out later! I like Asaboro's ceiling also, couldn't believe how well he moved in his film! Pretty impressive! I like the German kid, Darkwa too. I think if he was from the US, he would be ranked higher also.

Reactions: TheGLOV

I think Nester is much better suited at guard. Practiced well at guard at AA practices, not so much at tackle.

Reactions: Delco Lion

Ross on Ellies and Vilbert

Ellies: “terrific burst and power off the snap. Big get for them. Could help next year. Difference making player. Plays nasty, great motor.”

Vilbert: “can’t believe he is a 3 star. Unbelievable frame, nice burst, very good closing speed. High effort kid. Thicker than Oweh. Redshirt to work on technique. “

I think Nester is much better suited at guard. Practiced well at guard at AA practices, not so much at tackle.

Exactly, Nester is much more suited at Guard than Offensive Tackle. He has the frame and size (he will continue to put on more size for the rigors of Big Ten football) to keep guys in front of him on the offensive line (i.e. a Guard position), but he struggles with moving from side to side and keeping guys in front of him in the Offensive Tackle perspective. In my opinion, I think Nester does not like Ryan Day, and is questioning the state of the Ohio State team going forward. Its well documented that he really liked Meyer and his OL Coach Studarwa, but once the rumors started that Meyer was done at the end of the 2018 season, Nester reopened his recruitment. I think he likes Ohio State, and has always wanted to go to Ohio State, but he seems to have an issue with the personnel at Ohio State. I would too, considering that it is well known that Ryan Day lied to both Dwan Mathis and Tate Martell regarding their future at Quarterback at Ohio State.

Exactly, Nester is much more suited at Guard than Offensive Tackle. He has the frame and size (he will continue to put on more size for the rigors of Big Ten football) to keep guys in front of him on the offensive line (i.e. a Guard position), but he struggles with moving from side to side and keeping guys in front of him in the Offensive Tackle perspective. In my opinion, I think Nester does not like Ryan Day, and is questioning the state of the Ohio State team going forward. Its well documented that he really liked Meyer and his OL Coach Studarwa, but once the rumors started that Meyer was done at the end of the 2018 season, Nester reopened his recruitment. I think he likes Ohio State, and has always wanted to go to Ohio State, but he seems to have an issue with the personnel at Ohio State. I would too, considering that it is well known that Ryan Day lied to both Dwan Mathis and Tate Martell regarding their future at Quarterback at Ohio State.

Could be. In my opinion, this has more to do with Penn State and JaJuan Seider. Dad has known JaJuan for a long time, Doug was a childhood friend with Seider's kid (who is walking on at PSU). There is just a level of trust there that I don't think exists with Ohio State anymore. If you look at twitter follows, as of yesterday the last 6 follows for the Dad were all PSU related and he doesn't follow many Ohio State accounts at all (2). You can't predict what happens in recruiting and I could be wrong 1 hour from now, but as of right now I think he ends up at Penn State.

Last edited:
https://247sports.com/college/penn-...eekend-Julian-Fleming-Bryan-Bresee-128283808/

Podcast....

My favorite quote...."For all the fans that say Penn State doesn't recruit top defensive tackles? This is the 2nd straight year they have signed a Top 10 defensive tackle per 247 (Mustipher, Ellies)."

Also, with PSU having a solid chance to add a couple more to this total, right now PSU tied with Michigan with 11 recruits in the 2019 Top 247. Ohio State has 9.

Last edited:
https://247sports.com/college/penn-...eekend-Julian-Fleming-Bryan-Bresee-128283808/

Podcast....

My favorite quote...."For all the fans that say Penn State doesn't recruit top defensive tackles? This is the 2nd straight year they have signed a Top 10 defensive tackle per 247 (Mustipher, Ellies)."

Also, with PSU having a solid chance to add a couple more to this total, right now PSU tied with Michigan with 11 recruits in the 2019 Top 247. Ohio State has 9.
Adding two more top 100s would be nice...

giphy.gif

Franklin be like:
Pancake-Flipping-Pro.gif

Rivals has Houston still visiting but 247 doesn't mention him. Lot more talk around Jones at WR.

What's the story with TE Brett Seither? He'll be on campus Feb 1-3 according to the BWI homepage.

He has a relatively low rating but his offer sheet is as good as it gets. He's also on campus this weekend at Bama. Late bloomer? Product of waiting until after the early signing period?

What's the story with TE Brett Seither? He'll be on campus Feb 1-3 according to the BWI homepage.

He has a relatively low rating but his offer sheet is as good as it gets. He's also on campus this weekend at Bama. Late bloomer? Product of waiting until after the early signing period?

Yep, really blew up after early signing period.

Originally from Maryland, but going to school in Florida. Believe will be at Bama this weekend. UGA has been putting a lot of pressure on him as well in the last couple of weeks.

Yep, really blew up after early signing period.

Originally from Maryland, but going to school in Florida. Believe will be at Bama this weekend. UGA has been putting a lot of pressure on him as well in the last couple of weeks.
In the photo standing next to Coach Bowen Seither almost looked like a runt. Maybe it’s because Bowen was kind of standing in the foreground.

Free article

https://247sports.com/college/penn-...J-Jones-Wisdom-Asaboro-128302310/#128302310_1

Penn State is set to host eight official visitors this weekend, as players will start trickling in on Friday and some will be on campus until Monday. The Nittany Lions’ late need for defensive linemen is apparent in the visitor list, with four set to be on campus. Penn State is also hoping to win another wide receiver battle in the Sunshine State and flip a longtime Ohio State commitment.

JAQUEZE SORRELLS
Orlando (Fla.) Winter Park
6-2, 310 pounds
Defensive Tackle

The Under Armour All-American will make his first trip to Happy Valley this weekend. The Nittany Lions have been pushing harder since the close of the first National Signing Period andJaquaze Sorrells, a four-star prospect by 247Sports and the 247Sports Composite rankings, will take his second official visit this weekend. His first was to South Carolina, which holds a strong lead on the 247Sports Crystal Ball.Sean Spencerwas in Florida earlier this week to check in on Sorrells.

Free article

How PSU's 2019 class stacks up against Big Ten in Top247

OHIO STATE
Class size: 15 signees, 1 commit
Top247 recruits: 9
Composite Class Ranking: 13th overall;
3rd in Big Ten

Ohio State has finished atop Big Ten class rankings eight straight years but the Buckeyes will be hard-pressed to duplicate that feat in February. The departure of three-time national champion head coach Urban Meyer certainly shook things up from a recruiting standpoint

PENN STATE
Class size: 19 signees, 1 commit
Top247 recruits: 11
Composite Class Ranking: 10th overall;
2nd in Big Ten

Penn State is in excellent shape to secure a second consecutive top-10 class, and it's a group that provides immediate-impact potential across the field. Labeled five-star talents, Brandon Smith(No. 12) and Lance Dixon (No. 13) are ranked first and second, respectively, among all linebackers in the Top247.

"These are the guys in 2019 that we believe are future first-round NFL draft picks," 247Sports Director of Scouting Barton Simmons said Wednesday while assessing the significance of five-star designation.

Offensive guard Caedan Wallace (No. 53), defensive end Adisa Isaac (No. 61), running back Devyn Ford (No. 108) and defensive tackle D'Von Ellies (No. 112) are each considered top-10 talents at their position. Cornerback Keaton Ellis (No. 130) climbed nearly 400 spots in 247Sports rankings since the start of his senior season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT