ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

Doug Nester’s visit to Penn State
To cut right to it, long-time Ohio State commitment Doug Nester did make his planned official visit to Penn State this weekend.

Yes, it’s a visit that the Buckeyes really would’ve preferred he didn’t make and it’s hard to see any way that there are positives in his making the trip from the Ohio State perspective.

Penn State has been working very hard to flip Nester and he’s making his third visit to the school in the last three months. That would be concerning on its own but pairing that knowledge with the fact that he’s made two official visits to Ohio State in the last month and still didn’t shut down his recruitment sends up some pretty substantial concern balloons.

In the past, Nester has said that he will make no public declaration about a decommitment — or a reaffirmation with Ohio State — but would instead just sign his Letter of Intent on Feb. 6 with the school he’s decided on.

We’ll try and stay on top of this in the next day or two and see which way the wind is blowing. The Buckeyes have made retaining Nester their top priority in the last month-plus and losing him would be difficult to handle for Ohio State.

Doug Nester’s visit to Penn State
To cut right to it, long-time Ohio State commitment Doug Nester did make his planned official visit to Penn State this weekend.

Yes, it’s a visit that the Buckeyes really would’ve preferred he didn’t make and it’s hard to see any way that there are positives in his making the trip from the Ohio State perspective.

Penn State has been working very hard to flip Nester and he’s making his third visit to the school in the last three months. That would be concerning on its own but pairing that knowledge with the fact that he’s made two official visits to Ohio State in the last month and still didn’t shut down his recruitment sends up some pretty substantial concern balloons.

In the past, Nester has said that he will make no public declaration about a decommitment — or a reaffirmation with Ohio State — but would instead just sign his Letter of Intent on Feb. 6 with the school he’s decided on.

We’ll try and stay on top of this in the next day or two and see which way the wind is blowing. The Buckeyes have made retaining Nester their top priority in the last month-plus and losing him would be difficult to handle for Ohio State.
[/QUOTE'\]

Sounds to me like they need counseling already no matter what happens.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Wow! Nick Cross is currently committed to FSU and he is excited to head to PSU this weekend for an official visit. That does not sound like someone who is committed to FSU.

Well, he is coming for an Official Visit. How do you expect him to react? I mean, it would be kind of rude if he showed displeasure or sadness when his whole trip is being paid for by the university, annd he is going to get the red carpet treatment + he's going to be wined and dined by them!

Last edited:
Well, he is coming for an Official Visit. What do you expect him to react? I mean, it would be kind of rude if he showed displeasure or sadness when his whole trip is being paid for by the university, annd he is going to get the red carpet treatment + he's going to be wined and dined by them!

“Heading to Happy Valley for my OV. Man, this sucks.”

An hour ago Wiltfong posted an article called "Could be fantastic finish for Penn State on trail." It already has 116 up votes.

I don't know what he specifically says about the players, but these player profiles tagged to the article:
Cross, Nester, Richards, Sorrells, T.J. Jones, Seither, D. Jones

Interesting that Asaboro, Darkwa, and Hardy all visited but are not tagged in the article.

Also of note is that Hardy didn't get offered on his visit. Potentially things looking up on other athletes?

tenor.gif

An hour ago Wiltfong posted an article called "Could be fantastic finish for Penn State on trail." It already has 116 up votes.

I don't know what he specifically says about the players, but these player profiles tagged to the article:

Interesting that Asaboro, Darkwa, and Hardy all visited but are not tagged in the article.

Also of note is that Hardy didn't get offered on his visit. Potentially things looking up on other athletes?

Yes that is interesting regarding Hardy. Must still be plan B at this point. I grew up close to Penn Hills and am rooting for this kid to get an offer and come to PSU, but in reality gotta root for CJF to get his top choices to fill the class. Still hard to figure out what "filling the class" is, but it looks like at least 5 more.

Yes that is interesting regarding Hardy. Must still be plan B at this point. I grew up close to Penn Hills and am rooting for this kid to get an offer and come to PSU, but in reality gotta root for CJF to get his top choices to fill the class. Still hard to figure out what "filling the class" is, but it looks like at least 5 more.
Jones, Nester, Hunte, Cross & Darkwa?

Jones, Nester, Hunte, Cross & Darkwa?

Recent CB's for Hunte all seem to be towards Miami. Has Hunte been to PSU recently, or has CJF made an in home visit to Hunte recently? I don't believe CJF will stop recruiting him unless Hunte tells him it's over...

With all the departures, even with Wade returning, surely there is room for 25 if CJF can get 25 he likes. That's what is interesting about Hardy. CJF likes him enough to bring him in for an Official, but it still depends on who and how many other pick PSU. It would seem if a couple of the remaining targets (five listed plus the other WR and TE and .... ) pick another school that may trigger an actual offer to Hardy.

Last edited:
Recent CB's for Hunte all seem to be towards Miami. Has Hunte been to PSU recently, or has CJF made an in home visit to Hunte recently?

With all the departures, even with Wade returning, surely there is room for 25 if CJF can get 25 he likes. That's what is interesting about Hardy. CJF likes him enough to bring him in for an Official, but it still depends on who and how many other pick PSU. It would seem if a couple of the remaining targets (five listed plus the other WR and TE and .... ) pick another school that may trigger an actual offer to Hardy.
I wouldn't be opposed to stealing Asoboro from North Carolina either, not really sure we need another Tight End.

Recent CB's for Hunte all seem to be towards Miami. Has Hunte been to PSU recently, or has CJF made an in home visit to Hunte recently?

Yep, kind of like Corey Bolds a couple of years ago...he may get a PSU offer on NSD in February. May have to wait to see how others play out first.

Reactions: TheGLOV and bmw199
Yep, kind of like Corey Bolds a couple of years ago...he may get a PSU offer on NSD in February. May have to wait to see how others play out first.

Wonder where Hardy plans to go if he does not fit in at PSU. 247 shows he has offers from MSU, UM and Nebraska, Army, Navy,....

Would be ranked 3rd in the country getting all of those players.

You wouldn't want to change your handle from BMW199 to CaptainKnowItAll by any chance would you?
I just like to talk recruiting and inform others. When stuff is out there I have come across I share it. I'm not trying to be a dick, but it's been stated in here time and time that he's generally moved on and is being influenced to go to Miami (by those with paying subscriptions too). The staff pretty clearly has as well. At the last minute if he had a change of heart, the staff probably would too. Fitz CBed him to Miami after months of having him CBed to PSU. That is all you need to know where Harrison-Hunte is going.

I just like to talk recruiting and inform others. When stuff is out there I have come across I share it. I'm not trying to be a dick, but it's been stated in here time and time that he's generally moved on and is being influenced to go to Miami (by those with paying subscriptions too). The staff pretty clearly has as well. At the last minute if he had a change of heart, the staff probably would too. Fitz CBed him to Miami after months of having him CBed to PSU. That is all you need to know where Harrison-Hunte is going.
My apologies, thanks for the information.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT