ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 Transfer Portal Thread

Yep, a player to compete and help the team in 2021 and then that scholarship can be used in the 2022 class.

Wilson was originally in the class of 2017, so it would seem that he has just 1 year of eligibility going forward at PSU ????

Reactions: TheGLOV
Kid's been pretty much a disappointment so far?? Can the recruiting services possibly be wrong?

Hate to say it but anyone that watch QB1 could have seen this coming from a mile away. Need to find an FCS or D-2 Team and just maybe go and play. His days of anything at the FBS Level are over.

Great article. I think it's a wonderful idea for PSU to bring in a QB who is unable to gain playing time at a program that is generally not as competitive as PSU. This would be the decision that would "move the needle" and put us in the NCP.
Same reason we need coaches from other schools. Is that Purdue Coach available? He knows how to beat OSU AND he self assesses!
Unless there is a Justin Fields type talent coming available in the portal.......I would only be interested in someone with at least 2 years and preferably 3 of eligibility.
Without that top level transfer, PSU will ride with Clifford.

I would like to see JF pick up a QB transfer in April-May. The list of transfer QBs in the article above is underwhelming. There will be 2-3 QBs that take advantage of the Covid transfer deal after the Spring. Ideally get a younger QB a with 3 years of eligibility. A former blue chip who could step in if Clifford is injured or struggling and compete for the starting role.

I would like to see JF pick up a QB transfer in April-May. The list of transfer QBs in the article above is underwhelming. There will be 2-3 QBs that take advantage of the Covid transfer deal after the Spring. Ideally get a younger QB a with 3 years of eligibility. A former blue chip who could step in if Clifford is injured or struggling and compete for the starting role.

Thats seems like it's going to be the most likely scenario...

Only catch is that the transfer QB will have missed all of spring practice with MY installing his offense - while on the flip side, Clifford will have had the opportunity to mesh with MY all spring. Not really sure which would end up working out best for the offense going into '21.

Thats seems like it's going to be the most likely scenario...

Only catch is that the transfer QB will have missed all of spring practice with MY installing his offense - while on the flip side, Clifford will have had the opportunity to mesh with MY all spring. Not really sure which would end up working out best for the offense going into '21.
Based on what's in the portal now....there is no way Clifford isn't the starter.

Reactions: TheWizardofCamelot
Oregon's starting QB, Tyler Shough, has entered the portal. I'm wondering if Franklin/MY would be interested.

Does anyone know why he's transferring? He started all the Ducks' games last season. Do they have a stud that's expected to take his spot?

Oregon's starting QB, Tyler Shough, has entered the portal. I'm wondering if Franklin/MY would be interested.

Does anyone know why he's transferring? He started all the Ducks' games last season. Do they have a stud that's expected to take his spot?
Of all QBs that have been in the portal, IMO, he makes some sense. 3 years of eligibility.

Reactions: canuckhal

They have two, maybe three, guys who are likely to surpass him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT