ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Recruiting

Actually he said he plans to be a heavyweight, that is up and until he committed to OSU which might mean he will have to go 184. I am sure he is now a 197 but then again 4 years is a long time not to enjoy a slice of pizza now and then. BTW have you seen his dad? The kid comes from large stock.
I haven't seen him since Saturday, where he also said that AJ planned to be at 197. And yes, he is a full size man.
But also saw AJ Saturday in the chair next to me on the next mat. Compared to Weigel, he has some room to grow still. A little thicker in the thighs, though.

I love Willie's access and content, but I can't pull the trigger on paying 9.99 a month. That's more than Disney + for not all that much stuff.
Yeah I just got sucked into disney too....for the kids.....

So the stuff your getting from willie you'll eventually get 2 days later by "insiders"....you just have to wait for it ....for most that is a.o.k

Reactions: PSUer1989
Yeah I just got sucked into disney too....for the kids.....

So the stuff your getting from willie you'll eventually get 2 days later by "insiders"....you just have to wait for it ....for most that is a.o.k

I can't/won't pay for Disney... the way they are splitting the streaming sites up in the end you'll need 10 different subscriptions. Netflix is the OG and I'll keep wasting my money on them instead.

Reactions: pish69
I can't/won't pay for Disney... the way they are splitting the streaming sites up in the end you'll need 10 different subscriptions. Netflix is the OG and I'll keep wasting my money on them instead.
My youngest was relentless, and Disney was free for a year with Verizon, so we now have both. And, by youngest I mean almost 21 year old.

My youngest was relentless, and Disney was free for a year with Verizon, so we now have both. And, by youngest I mean almost 21 year old.
My teen just came home with the Verizon deal as well... With all the crap tv out there, I don't mind paying for Disney.

Reactions: kevin310
My teen just came home with the Verizon deal as well... With all the crap tv out there, I don't mind paying for Disney.
I have to admit, so far Mrspawrestlers is like a kid in a candy store with Disney. And, she's not a TV/ movie watcher.

The first thing I watched, for any runners out there, was Breaking 2, a documentary about Nike's project in 2017 to have a marathoner break 2 hours. The group didn't get it done in 2017, but Eliud Kipchoge did it several weeks ago. Seeing that background was pretty cool.

Not to go too OT but be very careful with those Disney services. Major issues right now. Google it.

Technical issues after launch due to heavy demand. No worries, they can just call Flo for some advice on how to resolve that problem. ;)
Yeah, I saw that but he made it seem nefarious. I haven't had any issues. I use it almost daily for my girls.

It all makes sense when you consider this, the biggest problem in youth sports is the adults.
Biggest problem with sports has always been adults. That includes PIAA and NCAA adults.
Family moves, it isn't the PIAA's business why they moved.

It actually is if Waynesburg is a member of the PIAA and he wants to wrestle.

I have to admit, so far Mrspawrestlers is like a kid in a candy store with Disney. And, she's not a TV/ movie watcher.

The first thing I watched, for any runners out there, was Breaking 2, a documentary about Nike's project in 2017 to have a marathoner break 2 hours. The group didn't get it done in 2017, but Eliud Kipchoge did it several weeks ago. Seeing that background was pretty cool.

i thought that was a movie about break dancers? something involving an electric boogaloo?

Reactions: Dogwelder
I read that. That was because people are idiots and keep the same password for all their accounts.

What was the rush, were they offering a free 6 month trial or something, I mean come on people, havent you seen these movies before??

Star Wars still moves a lot of people: The Mandalorian
Relative to the past Star Wars, my sense is that The Mandalorian is extremely unusual.

It generates an odd feeling or long shadow of sorts.

It's not yet evident whether Disney is "all in" or looking at the situation more strategically. Is there a possibility of "punting”?

Perhaps the best way to view all these variables (and "known unknowns") is for Disney to embrace the challenges. Still, I can't help feeling that this movie is a little strange .... hopefully in a good way.

Sincerely,
DMM

:) ;) #allingoodfun #jk

Last edited:
Relative to the past Star Wars, my sense is that The Mandalorian is extremely unusual.

It generates an odd feeling or long shadow of sorts.

It's not yet evident whether Disney is "all in" or looking at the situation more strategically. Is there a possibility of "punting”?

Perhaps the best way to view all these variables (and "known unknowns") is for Disney to embrace the challenges. Still, I can't help feeling that this movie is a little strange .... hopefully in a good way.

Sincerely,
DMM

:) ;)

Well done Dog, well freakin done.

If you think there should be free transfers even if for athletic intent that’s fine. I agree, no problem with parents doing what’s best. Just wish they’d do it before high school like all those kids who go to Southern Columbia. I don’t like to see kids have to sit out but once you get to HS if you transfer you’re taking a chance. Let’s not kid ourselves it’s for athletic intent no matter what it said just like most of these situations.

Also there’s another side. If the teams are fighting for playoff spots one kid can make a big difference to the next team they’re competing against. The next kid in the post season qualifying process gets knocked down a peg. Someone who would’ve went to districts, regionals, States stays home.

so again you may think just let everyone wrestle no matter what it does affect other teams and kids.

If you think there should be free transfers even if for athletic intent that’s fine. I agree, no problem with parents doing what’s best. Just wish they’d do it before high school like all those kids who go to Southern Columbia. I don’t like to see kids have to sit out but once you get to HS if you transfer you’re taking a chance. Let’s not kid ourselves it’s for athletic intent no matter what it said just like most of these situations.

Also there’s another side. If the teams are fighting for playoff spots one kid can make a big difference to the next team they’re competing against. The next kid in the post season qualifying process gets knocked down a peg. Someone who would’ve went to districts, regionals, States stays home.

so again you may think just let everyone wrestle no matter what it does affect other teams and kids.
Wrestle in states as a individual only ,no team title or dual team title .

I’d be way more OK with that. Especially when the kids would be there anyway. Would need to beat them either way.

Reactions: El-Jefe

What I think is if a family moves into a different school district, the reason for the move is nobody's business. What I think is a family paying taxes to said school district should expect their children to have access to everything the school has to offer all the other kids in the district.
It is really simple. All the what ifs and what have yous are adult rationalizations used to justify overstepping their bounds and seeking control of other people's lives.

What I think is if a family moves into a different school district, the reason for the move is nobody's business. What I think is a family paying taxes to said school district should expect their children to have access to everything the school has to offer all the other kids in the district.
It is really simple. All the what ifs and what have yous are adult rationalizations used to justify overstepping their bounds and seeking control of other people's lives.
And yet rules exist because a few take advantage. We are surrounded by "rules", almost always created with good intentions, and yes, some are outrageous and unnecessary. Not judging the specific ones you're referencing, only saying I'm not surprised.

Unfortunately, some cheat the rules. My son played baseball and had a kid "move" into the district from a neighboring district. Everyone knew (except administrators I guess) that he was using a fake address (an Uncle), until finally a neighbor reported it, but not until he took a year away from my son.

Worst part is the kid was a really nice kid who was being taught by his Dad that cheating was ok. I agree with Nitlion, if a family moves and is paying taxes, they should have the same rights. Its just unfortunate that some take advantage.

Just got off the phone with Ames2St, he says the 2023, 4, 5 National championship team will be

125. Figueroa
133. Howard
141. Bartlett
149. Van Ness
157. Facundo
165. Lee
174. Starocci
184. Brooks
197. Beard
Hwt. Kirkvliet

That might follow the 2021,2 National championship team of
125: Diakomihalis
133: Arujau
141: Saunders
149: Diakomihalis
157: Yapoujian
165: Ramirez
174: Foca
184: Dean
197: Darmstadt
Hwt: Fernandes

:)

Unfortunately, some cheat the rules. My son played baseball and had a kid "move" into the district from a neighboring district. Everyone knew (except administrators I guess) that he was using a fake address (an Uncle), until finally a neighbor reported it, but not until he took a year away from my son.

Worst part is the kid was a really nice kid who was being taught by his Dad that cheating was ok. I agree with Nitlion, if a family moves and is paying taxes, they should have the same rights. Its just unfortunate that some take advantage.
My HS had a legit D1 hoops prospect (1 yr behind me). But we were a rural smaller school, not good for his future prospects. So he transferred to a nearby AAAA school.

Problem was, he was the only one who moved -- his family didn't, and everyone knew it. The new coach found him housing and paid for it.

When the news broke, it ended badly for everyone. The coach got fired. The player lost his HS and NCAA eligibility, and he didn't have the grades to get admitted without hoops. He started making a lot of bad decisions that led to single mothers and prison.

He has since turned his life around and is doing well, but the path was regrettable -- and all consequences of an unethical coach.

And yet rules exist because a few take advantage. We are surrounded by "rules", almost always created with good intentions, and yes, some are outrageous and unnecessary. Not judging the specific ones you're referencing, only saying I'm not surprised.
Laws made by lawmakers for society are one thing. Rules implemented by employers for employees are another one thing.
Those are apples.
Private sports organizations dictating to families a different set of rules if they dare to chose to move into a different school district is something all together something different. This is the orange in your analogy.

There’s not free transfer in PA for athletes and I’m glad. You have the right to move wherever you want, just not the right to automatically compete.

Do it before HS or go Prep. Which is where teams like Notre Dame should be.

The problem was the schools who turned a blind eye and let kids go and then other schools made then proof it wasn’t for athletic reasons in part. This now takes that out of it. Everyone has to proof a hardship.

Reactions: dbldoofus
Laws made by lawmakers for society are one thing. Rules implemented by employers for employees are another one thing.
Those are apples.
Private sports organizations dictating to families a different set of rules if they dare to chose to move into a different school district is something all together something different. This is the orange in your analogy.
I was talking rules in general. Some folks think the whole NCAA Rulebook should be tossed, for example, and we should just allow the chaos. Imagine that … the words are easy to say, and the mob will follow, but the consequences are beyond disastrous.

Since you want to focus on this one aspect of the PIAA Rulebook, I'll still maintain that there is two sides to this, and maybe three or four. Since this is state-specific, there's 49 other rulebooks to look at for ideas on how it works in other states. Doubt any are perfect.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT