ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling 2023 B1G Tournament

I completely expect PSU to do well, likely win NCAA beyond AB/Kerk/Starocci.

But I feel like it will have to look a lot like Iowa’s 2021 win. Just a lot of guys who AA/R12, maybe a single winner. Nothing wrong with that. Lots of one takedown wins. But outside Levi, don’t see dynamic abilities in the other young guys.

We are very spoiled.
Well we have 4 returning champs and another guy who is a legit title threat, so I would be quite shocked if PSU only has a single winner in 2 weeks, but it could happen I suppose.

Van Ness and Haines are the most likely to the current young guns to light up the scoreboard.

Beau can’t waste time; has to get out quickly

Man, Beau took a pretty bad shot to give up that takedown in the second, then couldnt realy get off bottom ... will need to make some adjustments

Reactions: Fatmarc
If they meet at NCAAs, I hope Beau chooses neutral. I don’t think Beau is far from winning that; just can’t take bottom

Reactions: 82bordeaux
Beau just didn't wrestle smart. Fought like hell, but he rushed that at the end. He should have just got out in the 2nd and to hell with a reversal.

Hardy was just better but I question Bartlet's strategy. Bartlett let Hardy escape twice and couldn't escape himself after being taken down in the 2nd period. So why did he take down position to start the 3rd period? He needed an escape that he couldn't get in period 2 PLUS a takedown. I don't get it.

Reactions: I.J.W.T.
Hardy was just better but I question Bartlet's strategy. Bartlett let Hardy escape twice and couldn't escape himself after being taken down in the 2nd period. So why did he take down position to start the 3rd period? He needed an escape that he couldn't get in period 2 PLUS a takedown. I don't get it.
exactly

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT