ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting 2025 four-star RB Tiqwai Hayes commits to Penn State!

I love those Aliquippa kids. They’re a breed apart when it comes to toughness.
It's amazing that that school annually fields football teams that not only beat school districts with all of the resources that you can imagine like Montour and West Allegheny, which are really good programs, but usually blow them out, although they just squeaked by WA this past weekend.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
I'm sure that Pitt and Narduzzi love this news. The Aliquippa pipeline to Pitt has been DIVERTED to Penn State.

I'm sure Zuriah Fisher had a lot to do with this commitment......he told Tiqwai the way it is at PSU.
It hasn’t been posted on the Lair yet. But when it is I’m sure the kid will be labeled a traitor. Or they’ll roll out the standard Pitt’s 2* Florida recruits are better than Pa 4 or 5* players. Unless of course they stumble into one, then it’s recruiting magic.

We got another good one! Beat out Ohio State and Michigan. Of course the pitters offered but he turned them down along with a bunch of other MAC level programs.

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
It hasn’t been posted on the Lair yet. But when it is I’m sure the kid will be labeled a traitor. Or they’ll roll out the standard Pitt’s 2* Florida recruits are better than Pa 4 or 5* players. Unless of course they stumble into one, then it’s recruiting magic.
The Lair members know about it. They just can't yet accept it. Another local loss to PSU.

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
I agree about Aliquippa and the thoughness of the kids and the excellence of the program. It must bring great pride to the community.

Love this pickup, although I'll love it more in about 15 months. :rolleyes:
This seems to be trending well. I know Zuriah Fisher is an Aliquippa kid. Have we really gotten any big Aliquippa recruits in the past?

Seem to be recruiting “lightning and thunder” RB classes. He looks like thunder to Barkers lightning. Smith is lightning next year but hoping Martin is a WR or LB.

The Pitt board has reported that Hayes' teammate and Pitt commit Cameron Lindsey was up at Penn State for the whiteout game and was sniffing around. I don't know whether CJF will ever give him a commitable offer but at least it has the sPitters crapping their pants over possibly losing one of their RARE 4star commits.

There's some talk to keep an eye on Lindsey right now, but nothing set in stone at the moment.
Really? Interesting! I don't know whether CJF likes getting another linebacker or just busting Narduzzi's balls some more.😀

I think he might want to flip someone else he likes more than Lindsey.

Reactions: 19333lion
Really? Interesting! I don't know whether CJF likes getting another linebacker or just busting Narduzzi's balls some more.😀

What’s stopping him from flipping Lindsey and some others if he can? In today’s college football world present scholarship counts on a team are meaningless. Come one come all, if you don’t make it there’s the portal to control the numbers.

I think they are holding out for bigger game. That is a hunch and not information.

Reactions: bison13
I agree about Aliquippa and the thoughness of the kids and the excellence of the program. It must bring great pride to the community.

Love this pickup, although I'll love it more in about 15 months. :rolleyes:
I saw some pictures/videos of the Quips' new stadium this year. Looks beautiful and I'm happy the kids now have a facility that they deserve.

It's amazing that that school annually fields football teams that not only beat school districts with all of the resources that you can imagine like Montour and West Allegheny, which are really good programs, but usually blow them out, although they just squeaked by WA this past weekend.
They do it with transfers. That is why they are forced to play in a higher classification than their enrollment would indicate.

They do it with transfers. That is why they are forced to play in a higher classification than their enrollment would indicate.
Actually, the rules state that if you win two consecutive titles you have to play up the next year. Quips have won so many they are forced to play up two places. And kept winning so much that the PIAA tried to force them up to the 6A level. Quips went to court to prevent that and won.

As for transfers……it’s complicated. Lots of these kids grow up with one parent…..and often that parent has serious issues like drugs, mental health problems, or in prison. So the kids are taken in by grandparents, aunt, older brother. And because these fluid situations they often opt to live with a family member in Aliquippa. Same things happens at Clairton and a couple other schools..

Not exactly fair but in a screwed up world this is often these kids best shot at success of any sort.

Actually, the rules state that if you win two consecutive titles you have to play up the next year. Quips have won so many they are forced to play up two places. And kept winning so much that the PIAA tried to force them up to the 6A level. Quips went to court to prevent that and won.

As for transfers……it’s complicated. Lots of these kids grow up with one parent…..and often that parent has serious issues like drugs, mental health problems, or in prison. So the kids are taken in by grandparents, aunt, older brother. And because these fluid situations they often opt to live with a family member in Aliquippa. Same things happens at Clairton and a couple other schools..

Not exactly fair but in a screwed up world this is often these kids best shot at success of any sort.
I live in the West End of Pittsburgh, and know that there were kids who lived in the City of Pittsburgh as well as an unnamed school district that borders the western edge of the City that is in tremendous decline who attended another unnamed suburban West Hills school that has tremendous facilities just to play sports; I wouldn't be surprised if this still is happening.

By the way, my nephew's high school baseball team was in the same division as Aliquippa this past season, and they had one of the worst high school baseball teams that I've ever seen, and I don't know if they're that good in any other sport other than football.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Spin Meister
I live in the West End of Pittsburgh, and know that there were kids who lived in the City of Pittsburgh as well as an unnamed school district that borders the western edge of the City that is in tremendous decline who attended another unnamed suburban West Hills school that has tremendous facilities just to play sports; I wouldn't be surprised if this still is happening.
I am sure it does. But many articles have been written about the Quips and how players end up there. Our dysfunctional society with the destruction of the family is a huge reason why.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT