ADVERTISEMENT

6 Big 10 schools named to list of “New Ivies”

Sadly, no PSU mention. But hey, we can remodel the stadium

Calling BS on the "public" list which makes me question the entire exercise, even more than Forbes doing it.
Maryland is a mattress fire with a school problem
Florida? 😳😳😳😳😳

SMH

Reactions: PSU4U and bison13
Hey, the BOT kept giving yearly bonuses to the last 2 presidents as PSU’s academic ranking continued to fall and the school became more unaffordable year after year. I’m sure they’ll do the same for Neeli. They laugh at accountability.

Reactions: PSU4U and bison13
It would be a good road game to attend. Boston is an awesome city.
Boston's great and I get that people want eastern teams to travel to but BC doesn't add value. I mean, at one point it could have been argued that BC was a get because then the Big Ten Network would be in Boston. That's just no longer a driving factor.

Calling BS on the "public" list which makes me question the entire exercise, even more than Forbes doing it.
Florida? 😳😳😳😳😳

SMH
Yet they feel they are superior to psu…..

Florida? 😳😳😳😳😳

SMH
Agree regarding Maryland. I never considered Binghamton or Illinois top tier. The University of Florida has traditionally been ranked pretty highly over the years.

They can all eat a big one. The so called ivies are a lunatic club for a hundred and fifty grand a year dues. But anybody with a victim class status gets a free ride. Seems fair.

It's a game. You lose.

Reactions: mhlarch and bison13
Actually, I believe as far as academic reputation goes, we probably peaked under Spanier.
Not to squabble over something that cannot now be changed I always thought Spanier was a political hack and part of the problem.

Reactions: mhlarch
Many moons ago….. my room mate was from Jersey right near Rutgers. He said everyone in Jersey considered Penn State to be Ivy League quality.

Aahhh the good ole’ days …..😿

Not to squabble over something that cannot now be changed I always thought Spanier was a political hack and part of the problem.

There’s some truth in that IMO. I always thought he was a bit full of himself and often somewhat condescending at times. That said, I do think he presided over a period where PSU’s academic side was held in higher regard (IIRC). Both can be true at the same time.

It would be a good road game to attend. Boston is an awesome city.
It's a great city, but no one up here gives a rip about BC. It's a pro sports town, and the few who care about college sports are more likely to be rabid ND fans than BC. Even the folks that go to/went to BC don't care much about BC sports. Their football stadium is rinky dink.

There’s some truth in that IMO. I always thought he was a bit full of himself and often somewhat condescending at times. That said, I do think he presided over a period where PSU’s academic side was held in higher regard (IIRC). Both can be true at the same time.
I can't argue that and not that I would want to. Spanier wasn't a demon I just didn't like his political stance on much of anything. Much unrest on campuses is attributable to Spanier type leadership. But I think the academic comment is true. Also going after Joe and Spanier removing them as well as others was simply a Witch-Hunt.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT