ADVERTISEMENT

9 AM local kickoff for Colorado at USC

It’s the second 10 AM home game for Colorado this season, but both teams had to sign off it so USC agreed with it.

Horrible! I am curious how noon became a premium EST time slot. I prefer 3:30 or 7:30.
It’s FOX’s prime spot and they are aggressively trying to dominate the ratings there. Since this is a FOX broadcasted game, they intentionally pushed for this game their as their main pick and put the Big Ten game with Michigan at 3:30 instead.

A 10 am kick for the exposure that comes with it isn't bad. USC is going to have to get used to that joining the Big Ten.

It’s FOX’s prime spot and they are aggressively trying to dominate the ratings there. Since this is a FOX broadcasted game, they intentionally pushed for this game their as their main pick and put the Big Ten game with Michigan at 3:30 instead.
With 50 ads every 5 minutes... they need to start the games at 9 am local.time to get done by 4 pm local time. Great to not watch and do something that can sustain interest.

Isn't The Red River Rivalry usually a 12 noon (10 Central) kick off? I always found that odd...but 9am out West is even more strange.

It may not be as big of a deal as we think since many Los Angelinos work East Coast hours anyway....but do the lots still open at 8? : )

Reactions: PSURAHJ
Isn't The Red River Rivalry usually a 12 noon (10 Central) kick off? I always found that odd...but 9am out West is even more strange.

It may not be as big of a deal as we think since many Los Angelinos work East Coast hours anyway....but do the lots still open at 8? : )
Noon eastern is 11am central.

And again, Colorado isn’t in the Pacific time zone.

Watching the PSU games at 9AM when I lived out west wasn’t that bad. Our PSU club got together at a bar that opened to serve breakfast and appropriate beverages. You then had the afternoon to do whatever, be it more football or something outside including a potential west coast college game.

I personally dislike that noon time slot because it’s not as fun. Tailgating at the game and partying at home with family/friends are diminished vs afternoon or evening games.

I personally dislike that noon time slot because it’s not as fun. Tailgating at the game and partying at home with family/friends are diminished vs afternoon or evening games.
At the game I agree but at home it just gives you an excuse to start the party at 11 and watch football all day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT