ADVERTISEMENT

A great start for the MBB game against Purdue

8-0. No guarentee it will hold, but a nice start nonetheless
But Garner and Banks have been killing them the last several games

Neither brings ANYTHING to the game except for the (sometimes) ability to provide some perimeter offense......
But when they are both not only NOT making shots - but also taking a bunch of forced quick shots.........ugh

Yep

I think starting Watkins has really helped them get off to better starts

He adds a lot to the team aside from stuff that shows up in the stat sheet

Watkins in a force! To think, he is only a freshman with 3 additional years of eligibility in front of him! 3 offensive rebounds on that last possession!

Watkins in a force! To think, he is only a freshman with 3 additional years of eligibility in front of him! 3 offensive rebounds on that last possession!
7-24 shooting
Banks and Garner 0-6 from the arc

And PSU is DOMINANT in the is game this far

Dominating despite shooting 7-24. Amazing

Sooner or later - they either will start to hit some shots - - - or they will see their double-digit lead be on a double-digit deficit

Sooner or later PU will find a way to score

Last edited:
Imagine how good this team would be if they had even one consistent outside shooter. What's with the Zimgulus kid?

Reactions: bjf1991
Imagine how good this team would be if they had even one consistent outside shooter. What's with the Zimgulus kid?
I just can't see "Zem" happening

The kid #11 sure does have a sweet shot every time I've seen him play....... He rarely steps out past 15 feet - but one might think (hope?) that could become part of his tool set as he matures

I just can't see "Zem" happening

The kid #11 sure does have a sweet shot every time I've seen him play....... He rarely steps out past 15 feet - but one might think (hope?) that could become part of his tool set as he matures

In any case, I REALLY think this team will be very good next year. They will mature physically and mentally. They are not used to playing hard for a full game (including playing D). As for the offense their shot selection and passing will only get better. AND "if" someone steps up from the outside. Garner is capable but he is forcing his shot way to much. Hence the BRICKS !!!!

Hass reminds me of the guy that battled Rocky. I think his name is Daulf Lungrin(sp). Hass is 7'2" and 290.

Hass reminds me of the guy that battled Rocky. I think his name is Daulf Lungrin(sp). Hass is 7'2" and 290.

If he dies, he dies.

dolph04.jpg

Zemgulis has really, really struggled defensively whenever he's been on the floor - which has limited his minutes - and he hasn't been hitting his shots when he's gotten the opportunity.

There is only ONE difference in these two teams tonight ... Purdue makes 3 pointers and PSU does not.

Purdue is shooting lights out but we aren't getting help and the two bigs are just tossing us aside inside.

Win or lose, Penn State has nothing to be ashamed of. Tony Carr is playing like a senior.

Reactions: bison13
When I watch games like this, I'm honestly amazed that players like Carr, Stevens, Reaves and Watkins are wearing the blue and white. Regardless of what happens in overtime, we are in really good hands.

Reactions: francofan
Damn it. We turn the ball over two possessions in a row (one was the possession arrow), and they make two 3's.

It's always something. They couldn't get the rebound, and then they committed a foul with two seconds left in the shot clock.

Reactions: JoeBatters1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT