ADVERTISEMENT

A9 report out in the open

pg. 94 hundreds of interviewees disregarded and misrepresented
94-4d2121d6a0.jpg

Instead of "The Big Chill", this is more like " The Big Yawn". :rolleyes:

Nothing is going to change or be undone by the release of this stale document. It's truly time to "move on". I know I have.

That is certainly your right. But I thought you posted yesterday that you were leaving here forever, since your values weren't congruent with those here. Did I misread that?

Reactions: Sproul
I'm gonna be really frank here. Y'all mention a name regarding leaks and you'll be banned permanently. Get my drift mich? Take your cheap shots elsewhere.

Are you saying the release of this report wasn’t authorized?

it would take anyone with a tiny bit of savvy less than half an hour to make their own pdf document and save it and distribute it anywhere they want
If anyone does have that savvy, please PM me and I will give you my email so you can send it to me.

And kiddos to Bob78 who took ridiculous sh$t for no reason. He was right.

Hey, thanks! I deserved some of it... if it came from the good guys, it was no biggie to me; some of it I am sure I didn't see because of who I have blocked!

And here's to the Inquirer running a more in-depth story this week... fingers crossed. I think it may take a series of articles/stories including interviews with key players to do really do justice to what this all means.

I'm gonna be really frank here. Y'all mention a name regarding leaks and you'll be banned permanently. Get my drift mich? Take your cheap shots elsewhere.

Nice, a board moderator threatening me.

You have a certain agenda and run this board to promote that agenda.

Fair enough. I'm out. Carry on with your mission.

Reactions: ApexLion
Holding out for the plane banner.

Bob78, I made that comment trying to be glib. I didn't doubt your inside dope, just figured it would be put to sleep by the man. It's good there's something out there now from the trustees, for whatever it may end up being worth.

I know, and no biggie, Vic.... I count you among the many good guys on here. For me, it was a quick chuckle at my own expense and then we're off to the next conversation. I can still take a hit or two when I'm wrong!

All you have to do is save the page, "download complete webpage" (or whatever it is for your browser) and it'll save off 113 images which represent the 113 pages.

So far, not much meat at all, a bunch of stuff we already knew. Absolutely nothing close to anything that'll move the needle.

Reactions: AvgUser
Well, let's see what little ol' WTAJ in Altoona does with the information they have. They do a nice job in the region, but sophistication is not their strong suit. (I know that because it ain't mine, either!)
I'd rather see it in the Phila. Inquirer or something more mainstream that has done major exposes before. But if this does happen tonight, it may open the doors for others to pick up on the story.
Well, this will be interesting but I’m not real confident that there is a reporter who will deviate from the narrative, Inquirer or otherwise.
I do hope this is a popcorn moment.

Reactions: nits74 and Bob78
It's not like this. We don't tolerate a few things. Calling out players, No 1. Calling out posters No 2. There's no reason for it. Thus why I warn. Making your point is no big deal. Calling out posters and mocking, I'm done with it. There's no reason for it. Ever.

Weren't they supposed to review the Freeh source materials? Why aren't any Freeh source materials mentioned in the report?

All you have to do is save the page, "download complete webpage" (or whatever it is for your browser) and it'll save off 113 images which represent the 113 pages.

So far, not much meat at all, a bunch of stuff we already knew. Absolutely nothing close to anything that'll move the needle.
That didn't work for me. The images won't show up. Any other ideas?

Reactions: PSUEngineerx2
So, the university lied when it said the interviewees were promised confidentiality. The Report states, "at the beginning of each interviewee's summary notes definitely states confidentiality was not guaranteed(commonly known as the Upjohn Warning)."
Shocker.

Last edited:
Do you seriously think this will move the needle? Based upon the executive summary, this won’t make waves, and I doubt will even get noticed by anyone not connected to Penn State. It basically says that Freeh did a crappy job and Penn State, the Big Ten, and the NCAA were receiving updates throughout the process. The story would have to have proove that there was collusion to throw Joe and the football team under the bus as a means to divert culpability of government or the BOT. What am I missing?

Spanier's full interview content never made the final interview notes. Among the omissions:

• Spanier passed a polygraph to get his clearance renewed
  • Curley and Shultz independently told Spanier he was being wronged when he stepped down, as neither had ever told him of abuse.
  • Spanier said the reasoning he thought JS needed counseling was because JS didn't know he shouldn't shower with boys, not because he suspected molestation.

p.21

Last edited:
Do you seriously think this will move the needle? Based upon the executive summary, this won’t make waves, and I doubt will even get noticed by anyone not connected to Penn State. It basically says that Freeh did a crappy job and Penn State, the Big Ten, and the NCAA were receiving updates throughout the process. The story would have to have proove that there was collusion to throw Joe and the football team under the bus as a means to divert culpability of government or the BOT. What am I missing?

It won't move the needle one bit because it's just a collection of all the info already dug up by various parties over the years.

Weren't they supposed to review the Freeh source materials? Why aren't any Freeh source materials mentioned in the report?
Getting into some of that now.

..."instances were source material did not accurately correspond to the Freeh Report. Quotes attributed to Spanier in the Report were not contained in the notes from his interview, prompting questions about what source material was used in the writing of the report."p.21

"Report states 430 interviews were conducted. Surprisingly, only 25% of the interviews are cited."p.23

Confirms Rodney Erickson as source of the errand boy quote. In previous 12 years as Provost Erickson would have had no regular direct contact with the football staff.p.24

Email from Freeh to his associates confirms he "spoke to Ric and we'll try to meet this week. He will call the PS board chair recommend we do the internal investigation." Ric, as in Ric Struthers. p.25

Last edited:
I think the release of the alumni BOT review of the Freeh Report will help Spanier in his appeal of his conviction to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. I predict that Graham doesn’t spend a day in jail.

Perhaps the fact that all of what we have been saying for the last 7 years is all summarzied in one place? So the average idiot can see it all at once?
But it doesn’t prove anything. it’s just going to be seen as nitpicking.... like they didn’t use the proper format for a citation. This is a whole lot of nothing.

Reactions: nits74
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT