ADVERTISEMENT

Alert the Bloomington paramedics

I that were me he was talking to I'd say: "Boy hell!! You'd better feel again".

Nothing. Don't think they wrestled. 2 seasons ago he apparently only beat Carter instead of killing him..
Carter has some total insane traits that really works out well for him. Of all Penn State guys I wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley, I think he's #1. Kerk is scary, but I feel like Carter would laugh while I suffered.

Not a fan of this kind of callout, especially directed at a guy who is clearly levels below you now. Let your wrestling do the talking and leave the sniping to others. Anything less than a dominating bonus point win now runs the risk of making Carter look silly. Although I have a feeling he wouldn't see it that way.

Not a fan of this kind of callout, especially directed at a guy who is clearly levels below you now. Let your wrestling do the talking and leave the sniping to others. Anything less than a dominating bonus point win now runs the risk of making Carter look silly. Although I have a feeling he wouldn't see it that way.

Agree 100%. I love Carter’s confidence and I know this is how he rolls, but it’s unnecessary and there is literally no upside to posting this.

Motivating Indigenous People GIF

Carter has some total insane traits that really works out well for him. Of all Penn State guys I wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley, I think he's #1. Kerk is scary, but I feel like Carter would laugh while I suffered.
Carter is kinda like David Goggins crazy. Really confident, self motivated, and not concerned about what he says.
If there was a spectrum to crazy, he's not on the serial killer side, but the side that a guy believes if he works hard enough he can accomplish anything. 🙂

Reactions: nitlion6
I'll never write get the social media world. Words are cheap.

There is only one place that counts, and that's on the mat.

Carter - you are a2x champion, don't lower yourself. Go out and dominate, maybe dole out a little pain in the process, then place your straps on the mat, get your hand raised, and walk off victorious like a gentleman, like Nolf. That's real power.

The dilemma this creates, for KYPSW!

3 is out of the question now. Will it be 4, 5 or 6. Just how fired up is Carter for this one?

I think Carter uses his tweets to focus himself.
I do not disagree with that. A public proclimation may be his way of writing a contract with himself.

He hasn't always fully backed it up though. He said his Lewis match wouldn't go the distance. I love the confidence, but that was just a bit large, against an NCAA champ. Did he pin him, no, did he tech him no, did he major him, no? Was it a dominating decision, no, not from a points perspective.

Again I get it that he has a big chip and a huge competitor. If he needs social media to motivate himself, I also get it, ... maybe.

This week I think he will back it up with bonus!

I think the issue some have with Carter is that while he’s no doubt outstanding, he talks about being compared to the legends and talks as if he is/will be a legend but from a sheer dominance perspective that doesn’t often show.

Reactions: Ski and PSU Yinzer
Again, Carter is who he is and he’s not changing that for anyone. Nor should he. We have a team of individuals and I don’t expect anyone to be anything other than exactly who they are. From AB’s quiet, humble, confidence to Carter’s brash, vocal, confidence. They’re BOTH killers on the mat and that is all that matters.

WE ARE!!!

Man, this forum really shows it's age sometimes. He's clearly motivated to beat Washington. I went back and watched the match and it's clear why Carter's pissed as Washington stalled all match after throwing Carter for six. I'm sure that left a bad taste in Carter's mouth. If he wants to motivate himself this way go ahead. It's not like he's pulling an AJ Ferrari or anything.

I like his mindset wish others on the team had that. These Iowa homers pisting here would and do love it when their hawkette wrestlers talk that smack but unfortunately they only have 1 that could back it up for the last how many yrs now.

Michael Jordan was this way. Needed any edge he could get. It fuels him.

Carter reminds me a lot of one of the most famous athletes of all time - Muhammad Ali. I’m pretty sure that a lot of his over the top bragging was really for his own benefit. It kept him focused and over rode any self doubts he may have been feeling. So my attitude is just let Carter be Carter. And just be glad he’s wearing blue and white.

How do you feel about how Hawk fans are treating Jacob Warner? Not as bad as PSU fans booing the second coming of Christ, but close.
Truly gross.
Come on now. You know jsiowa is just gonna deflect by saying this board has the same type of posters.

Reactions: District four
I just can't wait to see what he does to the smug Gabe Arnold kid in the future. That kid poked the bear and it remined me of one Mike Evans when discussing DT vs Dake. Carter is a trash talker who doesn't back up his talk, but he seldom takes a loss. I will be surprised if he takes another loss in his career.

this could set up the funniest loss of all time lol

he better at least get a major if he’s gonna keep that schtick up.
“Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, Or what's a heaven for?”

Perhaps this is Carter’s take on life? Keep psyching himself with incredibly high goals, so that he is always striving to reach something. Like my earlier post, it’s not for me, but if it works for him (and it has so far) he should go for it. He could be yelling at his coaches or face-mushing a teammate, so it could be worse

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT