ADVERTISEMENT

Also not discussed is the fact that PSU has the #1 "Red Zone Offense" in the Conference

ND has the #11 defense in the country, and is typically very salty. You make it like they are a powder puff. And, OSU typically is very good stretching the field via the pass..it's what they do best. That always makes them a threat to win....i.e. the last drive vs ND. So, the point you were making above didn't hold water, ND's offense being too conservative wasn't able to beat them.

PSU's offense has been clunky, methodical, and lame through the air, especially, vs some bad defenses. Can't wait for your next insult-filled tirade sure to come.

I haven't used caps at all moron - but keep spouting your bullshit. BTW, PSU leads the nation in Total Defense and Passing Defense (YPG) and Passing Defense Efficiency - so something tells me that they'll be every bit as salty as ND. BTW, duhO$U has the worst TD Conversion Rate of Redzone Trips in the entire Conferene - duhO$U has converted 7 of 13 Redzone Trips into TD's - which is abysmal, even the team a hair behind them in overall scoring conversion, UNL, has converted a higher % of TDs (8 on 12 trips).

ND exposed duhO$U's Offense big time.

• Love
Reactions: Westcoast24
again. I said nothing about OSU so, okay.
But I'll point out, once again, that I never mentioned "Yards per play"

...but other than that...your comprehension is great :oops: :oops:

You haven't said anything about Yards Per Play in this or other strings discussing how bad PSU's offensive numbers are in any of your posts??? - right, whatever you say LMFAO. 😳😳😳

• Haha
You haven't said anything about Yards Per Play in this or other strings discussing how bad PSU's offensive numbers are in any of your posts??? - right, whatever you say LMFAO. 😳😳😳
You should really go back and check. You're going to be very embarrassed.

It's not fundamental for him who uses name calling, stupid acronyms like duhO$U, CAPS and other childish ways of expressing his typically incorrect statements. JF could literally call him right now and say "Our offense isn't good enough to beat OSU...we need to vastly improve," and this guy would scream obscenities at him saying he's a moron.
He would call him a scum troll boy.

Bushwood is a treasure. Very entertaining

Yeah, and you didn't say PSU's league-leading Redzone Offense numbers were not relevant because PSU had failed to "stretch the field" which is not captured in these Redzone numbers??? Sure you didn't.... LMFAO. What a disingenuous douche.

• Love
I haven't used caps at all moron - but keep spouting your bullshit. BTW, PSU leads the nation in Total Defense and Passing Defense (YPG) and Passing Defense Efficiency - so something tells me that they'll be every bit as salty as ND. BTW, duhO$U has the worst TD Conversion Rate of Redzone Trips in the entire Conferene - duhO$U has converted 7 of 13 Redzone Trips into TD's - which is abysmal, even the team a hair behind them in overall scoring conversion, UNL, has converted a higher % of TDs (8 on 12 trips).

ND exposed duhO$U's Offense big time.
LOL ok. PSU's total defense has nothing to do with the conversation...you had brought up ND. And, every matchup is unique to one another. OSU is far more familiar with PSU than ND, not to mention, schematically we are built totally different than the Irish. You seem very matter-of-fact about OSU considering we've beaten them once in JF's tenure.

Speaking of exposed, PSU's running game and paltry deep pass game has been exposed. Every team has issues at this point in the season. You are so fixated on OSU, I think you need help.

Yeah, and you didn't say PSU's league-leading Redzone Offense numbers were not relevant because PSU had failed to "stretch the field" which is not captured in these Redzone numbers??? Sure you didn't.... LMFAO. What a disingenuous douche.

And gee, guess who has unquestionably "stretched the field" with explosive plays better than any other using many, many different metrics genius? That would be duhO$U Mr. Disingenuous. Another guess what genius.... guess who has the WORST Redzone Offense numbers in the Conference especially in terms of converting trips into the RZ into TDs??? Again, that would be duhO$U genius. Converting drives at a high % (especially TDs) where you move the ball deep into your opponent's territory is probably the best measure of an offense as it becomes harder, and harder to move the ball as the field shrinks - more defenders per square foot if you want to look at it in mathematical/analytical terms. duhO$U's Offense has done wonderful at the metrics you have evaluated, and critisized, PSU on over and over (duhO$U leads the Conference in the Offensive metrics you have been singularly focused upon) and duhO$U also leads the Conference at failing to actually convert many of these drives into TDs and scoring, but you fail to see the exponentially higher importance of the latter.

LOL ok. PSU's total defense has nothing to do with the conversation...you had brought up ND. And, every matchup is unique to one another. OSU is far more familiar with PSU than ND, not to mention, schematically we are built totally different than the Irish. You seem very matter-of-fact about OSU considering we've beaten them once in JF's tenure.

Speaking of exposed, PSU's running game and paltry deep pass game has been exposed. Every team has issues at this point in the season. You are so fixated on OSU, I think you need help.

Lol, you seem to be fixated on duhO$U in this post - go figure, LMFAO.

Lol, you seem to be fixated on duhO$U in this post - go figure, LMFAO.
Lol yeah ok. I didn't create the thread, nor did I mention them organically...only in replies to your maniacal posts. You seem to be fixated on using that dumb acronym for OSU. So juvenile.

Lol yeah ok. I didn't create the thread, nor did I mention them organically...only in replies to your maniacal posts. You seem to be fixated on using that dumb acronym for OSU. So juvenile.

"Why should we have to go to class if we came here to play FOOTBALL, we ain't come to play SCHOOL classes are POINTLESS."

duhO$U QB Cardale Jones

I didn't say that either. WOW! You should really go back and check. Really!
----
In case you are lazy, I'll summarize: When you said that PSU's redzone efficiency was proof of the Offenses' prowess, I said that PSU's red zone success made sense because when you only play in 20 yds of the field at a time, you are essentially playing a redzone offense on every snap against a red zone defense, so they are getting plenty of reps.

Further, since you won't click your mouse and look back:
"Yards per [passing] attempt" is very different than "yards per play".
Let me know if you need that explained.

1. You understand that because you have chosen to so aggressively die on this hill, you are going to get challenged on everything you post, right?
2. I said nothing about 10+ play drives. I correctly noted that the PSU O has been playing in a 20yd box for 5 games now. There seems to be no deep threat so Defenses only have to defend 20yds, which, you might remember is the same size as the Red Zone. And because you love stats so much, here's one: Through 5 games, PSU has only 12 plays of over 20 yds. That ranks PSU 129 out of 133 teams.
Hence, PSU has been running a redzone offense and essentially playing against redzone defenses for 5 games, so it would make sense that PSU is excelling in the Redzone. They got 97 reps in the Iowa game alone. You can't simulate that in practice.
And our problem last year was we relied too much on chunk plays. It just goes to show that for some posters, no matter what Franklin does, it will be wrong.

And our problem last year was we relied too much on chunk plays. It just goes to show that for some posters, no matter what Franklin does, it will be wrong.
I said nothing about Franklin. I said nothing about Yurcich. I said nothing about Allar.

Have you watched the games?
Does the offense look good to you?
What is your explanation for the O not taking any shots down field? And why does this not raise a single red flag for you?

I said nothing about Franklin. I said nothing about Yurcich. I said nothing about Allar.

What is your explanation for the O not taking any shots down field? And why does this not raise a single red flag for you?
And in 2 weeks we'll be playing Ohio State and have a true test of this team's progress.

Your concerns have been noted. Why don't you give it a rest?

And in 2 weeks we'll be playing Ohio State and have a true test of this team's progress.

It's still being discussed because people can't acknowledge valid/obvious concerns

Reactions: heckmans
"Why should we have to go to class if we came here to play FOOTBALL, we ain't come to play SCHOOL classes are POINTLESS."

duhO$U QB Cardale Jones
Your response is so nonsensical and unrelated to anything. 🤡

Yes, it's me keeping this going 🙄🙄
I've called no one names. I've not lost my mind with 2 page rants about "duhO$U". I've not started new threads with insults in the title to keep it going. Have a great day roy. Thanks for coming by to add nothing.

I’ve watched all the games and when the offense is putting up 30+ a game and blowing everyone out, they look fine. I would like to see more shots down the field, but they haven’t had to do that at this point. It doesn’t get me to the point that I’m panicking about it. And even if they were throwing it all over the field successfully that doesn’t mean they will be able to do it against OSU. Every game is different.

I'm dying on this hill, too. The constant negativity from posters claiming not to have blue and white glasses and who pretend they are objective should be singing from the rooftops about these offensive stats.

The whiners can't have it both ways.

They all sound like Herbstreit and the "eye test". Complain all you want about how you feel about the allegedly broken PSU offense, but the team did not struggle or lose in Champagne or against Iowa. The stats show the O leading in many categories. Any objective view would not dismiss this at this juncture.

The cacophony of the naysayers on this thread is ridiculous. If everyone can raise post after post about the same PSU complaints...O line, lack of explosive plays, WRs, etc... then it goes the other way, too.

Keep in mind we have a sophomore first year starter who has done about as good as we could have asked for 5 games in. They now have 3 weeks to take the next step if they want to go from top 10 team to CFP team.
Gotta beat ‘em by 80. Every game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT