Amazingly, only the Chevy Bolt will qualify for the full $12.5K EV "rebate" in Biden's Build Back Better bill (link)

rumble_lion

Aug 7, 2011
And if they continue to improve their designs they will surpass ICE in 10to15 years. The point is we don't need not should we be giving handouts to buy certain products...the market will sort things out just fine on its own

That has already happened.

rumble_lion

Aug 7, 2011
I don't know about any of that.

If Ford and GM bet wrong on EVs, guess what should happen?

The market will punish them. And it will open up space for a new car company.

That's how it's supposed to work.

That's already happening. Look at the value assigned to Tesla vs. Ford and GM by the stock investors.

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019

That's already happening. Look at the value assigned to Tesla vs. Ford and GM by the stock investors.
uh huh https://www.caranddriver.com/news/g36005989/best-selling-cars-2021/#:~:text=Top 25 Best-Selling Cars, Trucks, and SUVs of,Toyota Highlander (207,564 units sold) More items...

Seems ICE Heavy dont ya think? But look Tesla is ahead of and Subaru. Toyota has more models ahead of tesla than Tesla makes.....HMMM 🤔 🤔 🤔 🤔

Last edited:

rumble_lion

Aug 7, 2011
No it really is not....math tends to not be open to opinion.

Here is some math for you.

US-automakers-GM-Ford-Tesla-2021-02-10-revenues.png

US-automakers-GM-Ford-Tesla-2021-02-10-deliveries-.png

US-automakers-GM-Ford-Tesla-2021-02-10-market-cap.png

2lion70

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2004
Price of Reg Unleaded here in NC is down $.30 from last week = $3.19 to $2.89 per gallon. Oli and commodity prices are never constant or go in only one direction. The current demand push inflation will lessen as production (supply) gets back to where it was pre-Covid.

Reactions: rumble_lion

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019
Yeah, GM and Fords sales have really been trending well since 2016. What could go wrong?
Meaning that right now GM, Ford are still on top and tesla has not gotten to that point yet. Looks like math wins again...shocking.

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019
Are there trends in math? Do you know what a trend is?
Of course I do... apparently you do not.

As i have said repeatedly...said GM and Ford are on top right now compared to Tesla .....no trend says they are not. Looks like the Math holds true yet again. Want to keep arguing?

rumble_lion

Aug 7, 2011
Of course I do... apparently you do not.

As i have said repeatedly...said GM and Ford are on top right now compared to Tesla .....no trend says they are not. Looks like the Math holds true yet again. Want to keep arguing?

If you can't create something new then the next best thing is to copy the leader.

These Ford level 3 chargers have a familiar look.....

Ford-Tesla-Supercharger-lookalike-1.jpg

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019
If you can't create something new then the next best thing is to copy the leader.

The first EV was made somewhere around 1895. The first modern EV was developed by GM.

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019

This also doesn't change the math by the way, have u given up on trying to argue that?

rumble_lion

Aug 7, 2011
The first EV was made somewhere around 1895. The first modern EV was developed by GM.

Yeah GM showed real leadership with the first modern EV, the EV1. They were doing great right up until the point where they took all cars back off lease and crushed them.

This is what real leadership looks like:

220px-Ev1_crush5.jpg

The funny thing is when GM crushed all those cars they thought they killed the EV. These actions convinced Elon Musk to start Tesla. It was probably one of the all time worst corporate strategies ever. Thanks GM!

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019
Yeah GM showed real leadership with the first mod
ern EV, the EV1. They were doing great right up until the point where they took all cars back off lease and crushed them.

This is what real leadership looks like:

220px-Ev1_crush5.jpg

The funny thing is when GM crushed all those cars they thought they killed the EV. These actions convinced Elon Musk to start Tesla. It was probably one of the all time worst corporate strategies ever. Thanks GM!
The point was gm can't follow something they already did. ......math is still remaining constant by the way.

rumble_lion

Aug 7, 2011

The point was gm can't follow something they already did. ......math is still remaining constant by the way.

Per Mary Bara Gm is going to catch up to Tesla by 2025.

They are currently not producing any EVs because they shut down the Bolt production line for the rest of the year. But next year they are really going to push EVs. This time it's going to be different!

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019
Per Mary Bara Gm is going to catch up to Tesla by 2025.

They are currently not producing any EVs because they shut down the Bolt production line for the rest of the year. But next year they are really going to push EVs. This time it's going to be different!
i dont deal with predictions...when it happens let me know. doesnt change the math of today by the way which makes your original statement false as it has been this entire thread.

rumble_lion

Aug 7, 2011
i dont deal with predictions...when it happens let me know. doesnt change the math of today by the way which makes your original statement false as it has been this entire thread.

Great idea, don't look to the future, just the past. Explains a lot.

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019
Great idea, don't look to the future, just the past. Explains a lot.
Never said that...i said i dont deal with predictions ( things that have not happened yet) in a debate. I deal with the evidence we have..which again makes your original statement false and has been proven false mathematically. ready to admit that yet?

rumble_lion

Aug 7, 2011
Never said that...i said i dont deal with predictions ( things that have not happened yet) in a debate. I deal with the evidence we have..which again makes your original statement false and has been proven false mathematically. ready to admit that yet?

No is is arguing over numbers in the past.

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019
Yeah, numbers. Who sells more EV's in the US? Who is in the lead right now?
Again...u r missing the point....your assertation was that tesla is at the level of ford and GM in terms of sales...which is simply not true.

rumble_lion

Aug 7, 2011
Again...u r missing the point....your assertation was that tesla is at the level of ford and GM in terms of sales...which is simply not true.

.your assertation was that tesla is at the level of ford and GM in terms of sales...which is simply not true.

Overall sales? Where did I "assert" that?

It is true when looking at EV sales. Tesla is way ahead.

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019
.your assertation was that tesla is at the level of ford and GM in terms of sales...which is simply not true.

Overall sales? Where did I "assert" that?

It is true when looking at EV sales. Tesla is way ahead.
you did not specify EVs bud

ao5884 said:
And if they continue to improve their designs they will surpass ICE in 10to15 years. The point is we don't need not should we be giving handouts to buy certain products...the market will sort things out just fine on its own

"That has already happened."

-Rumble lion

rumble_lion

Aug 7, 2011
you did not specify EVs bud

"That has already happened."

-Rumble lion

And if they continue to improve their designs they will surpass ICE in 10to15 years.

Ok, I get the confusion. My point was that the designs of the EV's have surpassed ICE. An EV at certain price point is superior to ICE. Not that EV sales have surpassed ICE sales.

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019
And if they continue to improve their designs they will surpass ICE in 10to15 years.

Ok, I get the confusion. My point was that the designs of the EV's have surpassed ICE. An EV at certain price point is superior to ICE. Not that EV sales have surpassed ICE sales.
Neither is a true statement. There isn't a price point in which the EV has surpassed the ICE equivalent.

rumble_lion

Aug 7, 2011
Neither is a true statement. There isn't a price point in which the EV has surpassed the ICE equivalent.
Sure there is.

CNBC’s Phil LeBeau stated in a recent Squawk Box segment “… we get this data every quarter from the California New Car Dealers Association, and it’s a great look at how the country’s largest auto market is moving in terms of trends — what people are buying what they’re not buying — and the numbers look incredible for Tesla. Now they’ve always been strong in California. It’s always been their strongest market, but look at the surge in sales this year. Nobody’s close to them, up 64%. The strength of this, the Model Y. Now the Model 3 has always done well there, but the Model Y it is the fifth best-selling model in California. Let me stress this again. Not the fifth-best-selling electric vehicle. The fifth best-selling vehicle, period. It is also the number one luxury compact SUV in California.”​
Thanks to a high number of deliveries in the last month of the quarter, Tesla has achieved unprecedented results in Europe.​
The Tesla Model 3 has become not only the best-selling electric car, but the best-selling car overall for the month of September 2021 with about 24,512 registrations and 2.6% market share.​
europe-car-sales-9-2021-source-jato-dynamics-b.jpg

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019
One would think a person could understand that predictions are not evidence supporting a topic that is currently happening by the 1st grade. I guess you are a slow learner. Maybe it's a good idea for you to learn how to count to 7 before you comment on what others sound like. (That is the number after 6 and before 8 if you are having trouble keeping up)