ADVERTISEMENT

Another psu record to set

After going out to Blue White game 2 weeks ago and trying to tailgate in a scene from "Twister".
I prefer a double header in Bryce Jordan with 2 admissions. The Afternoon session against a Military Academy team with patriotic theme. Discounted admission (Free) for youth programs. Evening session against good Big Ten opponent, with season ticket holders getting a seat as there package.
That's 34k of spectators for the day, without hearing Dorothy screaming "Auntie Em"😏

If we hold a dual in Beaver, it has to be against Iowa for two reasons.

1. It would definitely draw the biggest crowd ever for a wrestling dual.
2. It would break Iowa's record for biggest crowd when they held the dual against Ok State in Kinnick stadium. 😈

2. It would break Iowa's record for biggest crowd when they held the dual against Ok State in Kinnick stadium. 😈
I dunno, Iowa really needs to get their sh*t together and start putting together better lineups in order for that to occur. Their teams going forward don't appear too promising.

Looking ahead, tOSU may be the better option.

Reactions: hlstone
I dunno, Iowa really needs to get their sh*t together and start putting together better lineups in order for that to occur. Their teams going forward don't appear too promising.

Shutting out Iowa on national TV in front of 75,000 would be cool though.

Shutting out Iowa on national TV in front of 75,000 would be cool though.

That will never happen because Brands would never agree to it for the exact reasons you mentioned.

That will never happen because Brands would never agree to it for the exact reasons you mentioned.
Do they have a choice when the Big 10 schedules Iowa for an away dual vs Penn State? And if Brands tried to back out, he would be pretty hard pressed to give a valid reason.

PS - as much as we like to dump on Brands on this board, I honestly don't think he is that petty. Plus, Iowa doesn't have a venue anywhere close to the size of Beaver Stadium. If we held the dual there, Iowa would still be part of the biggest attendance record for a dual meet.

Last edited:
Do they have a choice when the Big 10 schedules Iowa for an away dual vs Penn State? And if Brands tried to back out, he would be pretty hard pressed to give a valid reason.

PS - as much as we like to dump on Brands on this board, I honestly don't think he is that petty. Plus, Iowa doesn't have a venue anywhere close to the size of Beaver Stadium. If we held the dual there, Iowa would still be part of the biggest attendance record for a dual meet.
Ask Kevin Dresser if he thinks Brands is petty

Brands' would offer up the reason that PSU owes Iowa a match in Kinnick first.

Reactions: hlstone and danoftw
Then there is this for a reason we will never see Iowa in Beaver Stadium for wrestling: The Big 10 season starts in January.

Reactions: danoftw

You’re obviously confused. I was over on GIA earlier looking at next seasons prediction thread and they have 2 champs and 5 other AA’s already. Come October they could be looking at 10 champs. 😎

Ask Kevin Dresser if he thinks Brands is petty
If Brands was willing to basically kill the National Duals concept so he didn't have to wrestle the program he nearly destroyed, does anyone think he's hesitate for a second to do something that would save his current program great embarrassment?

You’re obviously confused. I was over on GIA earlier looking at next seasons prediction thread and they have 2 champs and 5 other AA’s already. Come October they could be looking at 10 champs. 😎
If you want to read something even funnier, go to the Rutgers board and check out the thread on next year's Rutgers lineup.

Ayala is obvious, but who in the world is their second fantasy pick?

Reactions: District four
Then there is this for a reason we will never see Iowa in Beaver Stadium for wrestling: The Big 10 season starts in January.
There are Big10 matchups wrestled in November/December, just not many. If PSU and Iowa wanted this to happen it would.

Better choice is ask Iowa State. Let the Cyclones be part of the the attendance record.

Parco 😁
The thing I respect about HR/GIA is their consistency. No matter the reality of the situation the can jiggle enough synaptic pathways loose to allow them to find multiple champs, numerous AAs and 150 team points. Part of the enjoyment associated with the PSU dominance run is the ridiculous expectations and hope those goofballs have every year and their inevitable collective disappointment.

• Love
Reactions: Ski and LOTOlion
LOL iowa still owes a home match to PSU and they reneged!!and tom is right on one thing he says after every PSU match we have to get better!!

Reactions: Ski
This will be a non-conference dual for the trip to State College that Iowa still owes PSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT