ADVERTISEMENT

Another "what were they implying" post...Zain

mattu12

Jun 22, 2001
After the Iowa match, when Cael was asked about Zain/Sorenson, he went immediately to "Zain is the toughest kid" ... After last week's match, Cody said something about Zain being at about 70%.

Sure sounds like Zain has been injured, or am I imagining things?

After the Iowa match, when Cael was asked about Zain/Sorenson, he went immediately to "Zain is the toughest kid" ... After last week's match, Cody said something about Zain being at about 70%.

Let's just all agree Zain was/is 100% and move on. I'd hate for Hawk fans to come in here and pound all of us for making excuses as to why he didn't beat their guy worse than what he did.

Reactions: GOLDBANGER

BREAKING NEWS: Sorenson says zain was 100% and in related news MJo says zain is 250%.

Related news: MJo says Sorenson is only 90%

BREAKING NEWS: Sorenson says zain was 100% and in related news MJo says zain is 250%.

Related news: MJo says Sorenson is only 90%
I watched an interview with Zane after the tOSU match and he said he was 100% the night he wrestled Sorenson. His voice sounded a little hoarse, so I’m thinking he probably could have had a cold or something to that effect. See tuggerjugg’s post from Saturday for a link to the interview.

I interpreted Cody's comment to mean he just wasn't as sharp, not that he was at 70% - more like he wrestled at 70% of his capacity. Could be a distinction without a difference, but I didn't see anything physical hampering him against tOSU.

He looked tired early against Iowa

Just-a-Flesh-Wound-Gif-In-Monty-Python-and-the-Holy-Grail-_408x408.jpg

[QUOTE="Chickenman Testa, post: 2631315, member

He looked tired early against Iowa[/QUOTE]

That's what I said to our group watching it Live. Whatever the cause....and sometimes it just happens.

He will be fine next time around. Bet on it.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
I have to believe that maybe Zain had a cold or small touch of the flu when going against Iowa..He just seemed not as quick to me and in 3rd period he seemed tired and that is not Zain..Nothing against my man Sorenson but Zain is just better at this time and maybe he will stay that way..

He couldn't draw the legs into him on the double legs like he normally does. That's what first alerted me that something was "off".

I thought his head was shaky in the first minute of the match, and I commented as such at the time. That said, once you step out there you have to leave the excuses behind. Sorenson looked great. (Kemerer also looked as good as one can too)

Reactions: hlstone
I'm with those who say, let's not make excuses. I think we all noticed that Zain tired much more than he usually (ever?) does. What we don't know is why. In the absence of anything factual I say, give Sorenson credit. They'll get to see each other at B1G's and I'm thinking it won't be near that close. But give Sorenson credit for a very good job against Zain in the last one.

Reactions: hlstone
I'm with those who say, let's not make excuses. I think we all noticed that Zain tired much more than he usually (ever?) does. What we don't know is why. In the absence of anything factual I say, give Sorenson credit. They'll get to see each other at B1G's and I'm thinking it won't be near that close. But give Sorenson credit for a very good job against Zain in the last one.

...and give Zain some credit, too, for grinding it out and getting the win under tough circumstances, when he was not at the top of his game.

Reactions: tomsc
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT