ADVERTISEMENT

Any staus on Alonzo Ford, DT?

RickinDayton

May 29, 2001
Did he participate in Spring drills or is he still rehabbing? It would be great if he is full go come Fall camp and for the season..Hoping he can provide DT depth as a run stuffer.

Reactions: NedFromYork
I have not but I've heard we are in on a transfer from Rutgers. A 290 lb kid who has never started for Rutgers but has two years of eligibility left. I am guessing the staff is evaluating their options at DT right now. My point is I don't know if he is a top option or if we even want him.

Reactions: GregInPitt
I have not but I've heard we are in on a transfer from Rutgers. A 290 lb kid who has never started for Rutgers but has two years of eligibility left. I am guessing the staff is evaluating their options at DT right now. My point is I don't know if he is a top option or if we even want him.

Staff seems very thorough in evaluating every talented portal player regardless of position, but with all the depth already at DT they likely would be more interested in players with multiple years of eligibility potentially like this player. But if he was at Rutgers for two years and couldn't start could he really be talented enough for the PSU DT rotation? who knows....

Being considerably over the 85 limit I'll be surprised if Franklin brings in players from the portal going forward for 2024 other than WR's.....

Last edited:
Another DT worth kicking the tires on out there.

6. Rayyan Buell - Ohio Bobcats©Provided by SportsGrid
Perhaps no position will be more coveted in the spring transfer window than defensive line. Nearly every team seems to be in the market for another big-bodied defensive lineman who can at least provide quality snaps and make a positive impact. Perhaps the best defensive line prospect to enter on Tuesday was Rayyan Buell from Ohio University. Buell was a JUCO transfer to Athens and played in 12 games for the Bobcats last season, accumulating 12.5 tackles for loss with 4.5 sacks as a defensive tackle. That kind of disruption from the middle of the defensive line will grab the attention of high-major programs. Buell was a third-team All-MAC selection in 2023.
he's kind of a tweener at this level. He's under 280. I saw him get pushed around against Miami of Ohio last season. He went against one of my favorite OU players in practice: Center Parker Titsworth. Because I am 13 years old.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT