ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody know what happened to poster Art?

Hugh Laurie

Mar 26, 2017
I know he was posting under different board name but don't remember what it was and don't know if he's still posting in this forum.

Reactions: psu00
I assumed most of the old guys moved with McAndrew. I never signed up for the site so I do not check it.

It usually picks up during football season, but it's mostly "jokes amongst friends". A lot of activity on the pay board, but you can't read it without paying. 247 has a very active (pay)board as well, but you can at least read it.

I assumed most of the old guys moved with McAndrew. I never signed up for the site so I do not check it.
You can get the same experience by reading PSU stuff on Twitter and browsing to the occasional page with scantily clad photos of girls, and making creepy comments about it. That's now 99% of the McAndrew board experience.

Reactions: bison13
What happened to poster art? It's still alive and well, though the international gallery dedicated to it is temporarily closed for some unknown reason.

Art was a very intelligent and well read poster who clearly had a hard time tolerating those he perceived didn't measure up. Doesn't necessarily make him a bad person. I always found him enlightening and entertaining and got a big kick when he would irreverently and sarcastically dice someone up. I miss his posts.

Art was a very intelligent and well read poster who clearly had a hard time tolerating those he perceived didn't measure up. Doesn't necessarily make him a bad person. I always found him enlightening and entertaining and got a big kick when he would irreverently and sarcastically dice someone up. I miss his posts.
Yeah, it makes him a bad person. Agree to disagree.

Yeah, he could dish it out. But he didn't like being corrected or criticized. Short fuse.
100%. I will give him a little bit of credit, though.
After one particular run of snark, I posted a pic of Cliff Claven, from Cheers, standing in a proud manner, like Superman, with the caption, "Actual pic of Art, after yet another triumphant internet message board post." IDK, but he was noticeably more quiet and less combative after that. Perhaps it caused a little introspection.

Anyone remember pendal1? He was great.
There was a poster named Stone Lion, on this site and the other site, who used to post hilarious diagrams of Jay's offense in the late 00s, with Jay sitting at a film desk and every pass pattern was a 3 yard square out or square in... actually it sorta reminded me of last year 😂

There was a poster named Stone Lion, on this site and the other site, who used to post hilarious diagrams of Jay's offense in the late 00s, with Jay sitting at a film desk and every pass pattern was a 3 yard square out or square in... actually it sorta reminded me of last year 😂
That was actually my creation lol. I originally posted that on fight on state under the name Lion4Life over there, I put it as my signature pic and just waited for it to get noticed. Some people actually thought it was real lol. Given the state of our offense at the time it was understandable. I also did a Christmas version and new-years day version of that, i think a Thanksgiving one too. Stone Lion had some other ones that he did though too. I'll have to check my laptop and see if I still have those

Last edited:
the original source
Copy-2-of-Dop-T4tat.jpg

the result
Galen.jpg

Turkeyday-Jay3.jpg

nysjay.jpg

12188565.jpg

and just for funsies from three stooges fame

PSUO.jpg

Yeah, he could dish it out. But he didn't like being corrected or criticized. Short fuse.
It was especially funny when he couldn’t help but opine on something where he was, for once, out of his depth. As an example, I am a huge soccer fan. My first sporting event that I attended (at the age of 5) was to watch the Polish national team play in Warsaw when we lived there in 1972. A great team - they finished 3rd at the 74 World Cup. Ever since then I played the game for 25 years and watched/read about it the best I could until now when you can follow it as much as you want - even better than some Europeans who’s TV systems have some strict rights limitations keeping them from watching whatever they want. Point being - I know the ****ing game even if I’m not a neck beard dork about it.

So one day I posted that I really wanted Queens Park Rangers to do well that year (they were an historic club who had finally ascended to the Premier League for the first time in forever). Anyway, he couldn’t help himself - saying something snarky like “QPR? They have no chance. Do you know anything about the game”. I might as well have been lying in wait, because I was just like - asshole. I’ve been following the game for decades. I know they aren’t that good. I never made a prediction - just want them to do well. **** off.

He took a rare step back, but that’s what it took to puncture some of the ego.

It was especially funny when he couldn’t help but opine on something where he was, for once, out of his depth. As an example, I am a huge soccer fan. My first sporting event that I attended (at the age of 5) was to watch the Polish national team play in Warsaw when we lived there in 1972. A great team - they finished 3rd at the 74 World Cup. Ever since then I played the game for 25 years and watched/read about it the best I could until now when you can follow it as much as you want - even better than some Europeans who’s TV systems have some strict rights limitations keeping them from watching whatever they want. Point being - I know the ****ing game even if I’m not a neck beard dork about it.

So one day I posted that I really wanted Queens Park Rangers to do well that year (they were an historic club who had finally ascended to the Premier League for the first time in forever). Anyway, he couldn’t help himself - saying something snarky like “QPR? They have no chance. Do you know anything about the game”. I might as well have been lying in wait, because I was just like - asshole. I’ve been following the game for decades. I know they aren’t that good. I never made a prediction - just want them to do well. **** off.

He took a rare step back, but that’s what it took to puncture some of the ego.
Damn I wish I could have been there for that.

• Haha
Reactions: knickslions
Damn I wish I could have been there for that.
It was like the culmination of a bunch of stuff. Bad day, shitty migraine or something and then - like an infected pustule - Art had to irritate me with another example of his unmatched, smug boorishness. There were a few pompous asses on that board.

Simon Pegg’s facial expression and outburst in this classic scene nailed my mood

Reactions: Delcolion915
100%. I will give him a little bit of credit, though.
After one particular run of snark, I posted a pic of Cliff Claven, from Cheers, standing in a proud manner, like Superman, with the caption, "Actual pic of Art, after yet another triumphant internet message board post." IDK, but he was noticeably more quiet and less combative after that. Perhaps it caused a little introspection.
That is pretty funny and exactly what happened with me. While not apologetic, he did at least grant me the point.

Hey, everyone can be an asshole at times on these boards - I certainly am not immune, but he couldn’t give it a ****ing rest.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT