ADVERTISEMENT

Apparently Alvin Henderson is likely to decommit 🤷

Sucks but that's recruiting. His life/his choice. Good luck to him (other than when he plays us)

Reactions: PSU4U
Will it be the NoNIL Lions or the Nittany Lions now that they've spent half a billion on a football stadium upgrade. Oh, the drama! 😂

• Love
Reactions: step.eng69
The article doesn't say that. It says that Auburn, and others, are pursuing him relentlessly. Should be pretty obvious that Franklin and Seider are also relentlessly trying to hang onto his commitment. Who knows what is going to happen, but it seems more logical to save the crying for a formal decommitment on the kid's part.......

Franklin is "relentlessly" pursuing the commitments of other programs as well. It's just the way it's done in 2024.

Last edited:
If Henderson is driven by money, he'll flip. We're not going to match Auburn and some of those SEC schools unless we drain our NIL fund for one guy. and that wouldn't be smart.

Look at Oregon. They suddenly lead for half the recruits out there. Never won a title, but suddenly they lead for elite dudes coast to coast. Their Nike money will enable them to buy rosters that we'll never be able to afford.

This is football in the era of unregulated greed.

The article doesn't say that. It says that Auburn, and others, are pursuing him relentlessly. Should be pretty obvious that Franklin and Seider are also relentlessly trying to hang onto his commitment. Who knows what is going to happen, but it seems more logical to save the crying for a formal decommitment on the kid's part.......

Franklin is pursuing commitments of other programs as well. It's just the way it's done in 2024.
It literally does.....

Wiltfong: Penn State football is going to have a hard time holding on to Henderson’s commitment
There’s a growing opinion in the recruiting world that Alvin Henderson may not be long for Penn State’s class, as well. On Tuesday, national recruiting insider Steve Wiltfong said that it’s going to be difficult for the Nittany Lions to hold on to Henderson, who is the No. 8 running back in the On3 Industry Rankings....

• Sad
Reactions: EdwardoCarrachio
If Henderson is driven by money, he'll flip. We're not going to match Auburn and some of those SEC schools unless we drain our NIL fund for one guy. and that wouldn't be smart.

Look at Oregon. They suddenly lead for half the recruits out there. Never won a title, but suddenly they lead for elite dudes coast to coast. Their Nike money will enable them to buy rosters that we'll never be able to afford.

This is football in the era of unregulated greed.
Why aren't we going to match them? There's absolutely no excuse for us not being able to do so.

My guess is he never intended to play at Penn State but wasn’t getting the love (spelled $$$$$) he thought he should e getting from Auburn. A quick insincere commitment to Penn State and Bingo, the bag man cometh. We’ll see
Kudos to him if he's already that smart

• Haha
Reactions: step.eng69
It literally does.....

Wiltfong: Penn State football is going to have a hard time holding on to Henderson’s commitment
There’s a growing opinion in the recruiting world that Alvin Henderson may not be long for Penn State’s class, as well. On Tuesday, national recruiting insider Steve Wiltfong said that it’s going to be difficult for the Nittany Lions to hold on to Henderson, who is the No. 8 running back in the On3 Industry Rankings....
Yea, we all know all that. The PSU football world won't come to an end with the loss of any one recruit. Especially a RB, as long as Seider is heading RB recruiting. Seider will find a talented RB to pair with Martin, who looks like the real deal.

Get used to it. No use crying about it, especially when Henderson is still currently commited. It's the current college football world.

Reactions: mhlarch
Yea, we all know all that. The PSU football world won't come to an end with the loss of any one recruit. Especially a RB, as long as Seider is heading RB recruiting. Seider will find a talented RB to pair with Martin, who looks like the real deal.

Get used to it. No use crying about it, especially when Henderson is still currently commited. It's the current college football world.
I don't understand your point.
I simply posted a story that suggested a top RB recruit would decommit.
You went apoplectic and claimed the article "doesn't say that"
I post the text
You say "we know that. The PSU FB world won't come to and end. No use crying about it"

WTF Gregg? Just say you're sorry

I don't understand your point.
I simply posted a story that suggested a top RB recruit would decommit.
You went apoplectic and claimed the article "doesn't say that"
I post the text
You say "we know that. The PSU FB world won't come to and end. No use crying about it"

WTF Gregg? Just say you're sorry
No, I'm not sorry. And it's not "appoplectic" to point out that other teams will continue to recruit top talent PSU commits. Just like PSU will continue to recruit players committed to other teams.

Yes, everyone here does know that RB is a top recruit that other teams, particularly teams down south, won't stop recruiting.

Just like Franklin and his staff won't stop recruiting Zollers.

Players decommit every year and it will continue to get worse with NIL and teams throwing money offers at players right up until signing day. Yes, get used to it. It will likely be the same every year.

And I don't believe the article said it "was likely" the RB would decommit. Only that Auburn was relentlessly recruiting him. Just like PSU is relentlessly recruiting Zollers.

Reactions: Gitzit and royboy
Wake me up in December! It’s such a sleazy business fawning over 18 yr olds. No wonder the fabric of our country is moth ridden.
$$$$$$$$$$$$ is the only God in this country!

Or, is it just Adam Smiths virtuous FREE MARKET in play?

🤔

Sucks but that's recruiting. His life/his choice. Good luck to him (other than when he plays us)
If they want to compete with the big boys financially PS will have to come down off its delusional Ivory Perch.

I get the feeling they are just sitting around waiting for it (nil) all to work itself out. If the leadership (*BOT) wants to run PS like the Kremlin they should move to the Ivy League who by the way would NEVER have them.

If he does decommit, there might be another top ten RB in the pipeline...

Jabree Wallace-Coleman (5' 11.5" 200lbs) from Philadelphia is a 63% lean per On3 website. He's ranked 8, 10, 13 and 38 on the 4 ranking sites. Does anybody have any inside information on Coleman?
He committed to GA two years ago and not so suddenly parted ways with them earlier this year. If I had to wager, I'd bet that GA initiated the divorce. The young man probably had hopes of being the next D'Andre Swift from this region to thrive at GA.

Junior year highlights.

Reactions: proud2bpsufan
No, I'm not sorry. And it's not "appoplectic" to point out that other teams will continue to recruit top talent PSU commits. Just like PSU will continue to recruit players committed to other teams.

Yes, everyone here does know that RB is a top recruit that other teams, particularly teams down south, won't stop recruiting.

Just like Franklin and his staff won't stop recruiting Zollers.

Players decommit every year and it will continue to get worse with NIL and teams throwing money offers at players right up until signing day. Yes, get used to it. It will likely be the same every year.

And I don't believe the article said it "was likely" the RB would decommit. Only that Auburn was relentlessly recruiting him. Just like PSU is relentlessly recruiting Zollers.
Guessing you didn't do very well on your SAT verbal section.

From the Article:
-The potential flip discussion picked up more steam last Saturday, when Alvin Henderson showed up for an unexpected visit at Auburn.
- There’s a growing opinion in the recruiting world that Alvin Henderson may not be long for Penn State’s class
-Steve Wiltfong said that it’s going to be difficult for the Nittany Lions to hold on to Henderson

Let me help you here. The above 3 statements mean he's "Apparently likely to decommit."

I simply posted the article and summarized its thesis in the Topic. I even included a shrug emoji because, who the hell knows what will happen. You come on slamming what I wrote, claiming the article didn't say it, and then, when corrected, you respond indignantly with a diatribe about the current state of recruiting. WTF Gregg? You overreacted and went apoplectic and either you're too stubborn or not smart enough to just stop.

Guessing you didn't do very well on your SAT verbal section.

From the Article:
-The potential flip discussion picked up more steam last Saturday, when Alvin Henderson showed up for an unexpected visit at Auburn.
- There’s a growing opinion in the recruiting world that Alvin Henderson may not be long for Penn State’s class
-Steve Wiltfong said that it’s going to be difficult for the Nittany Lions to hold on to Henderson

Let me help you here. The above 3 statements mean he's "Apparently likely to decommit."

I simply posted the article and summarized its thesis in the Topic. I even included a shrug emoji because, who the hell knows what will happen. You come on slamming what I wrote, claiming the article didn't say it, and then, when corrected, you respond indignantly with a diatribe about the current state of recruiting. WTF Gregg? You overreacted and went apoplectic and either you're too stubborn or not smart enough to just stop.
Guessing you read into what is there more than most casual observers.
No quotes from the kid himself.
Talk by "the recruiting world" is just that. Talk.
Yes you simply posted, and gave your summary in the post title, correct or incorrect. I didn't "slam" what you wrote. Just pointed out that it was only your opinion. Not that of Alvin Henderson, as there didn't seem to be direct quotes from him and obviously you didn't speak with him. So it's wait and see for him just as it is with all the unsigned commits, although the casual observer realizes that the better the player that a team has committed, the more teams will try and flip him.

Thanks for all you "insight". My original replay did not "slam" you or the article. Only pointed out that your jump to "Apparently likely to decommit." is just your opinion and adding it made you post more than "simply posted an article", which seems to have gotten your panties in a bunch.

Let me help you here, those 3 statements don't directly translate to "Apparently likely to decommit." Only that there are teams currently working to flip him, which most here realize will take place with any top talent that Franklin gets a commitment from.

And for all you self evaluated literary talent you can't seem to spell my name correctly.

Have a nice day. I won't respond further to your drivel.

Guessing you read into what is there more than most casual observers.
No quotes from the kid himself.
Talk by "the recruiting world" is just that. Talk.
Yes you simply posted, and gave your summary in the post title, correct or incorrect. I didn't "slam" what you wrote. Just pointed out that it was only your opinion. Not that of Alvin Henderson, as there didn't seem to be direct quotes from him and obviously you didn't speak with him. So it's wait and see for him just as it is with all the unsigned commits, although the casual observer realizes that the better the player that a team has committed, the more teams will try and flip him.

Thanks for all you "insight". My original replay did not "slam" you or the article. Only pointed out that your jump to "Apparently likely to decommit." is just your opinion and adding it made you post more than "simply posted an article", which seems to have gotten your panties in a bunch.

Let me help you here, those 3 statements don't directly translate to "Apparently likely to decommit." Only that there are teams currently working to flip him, which most here realize will take place with any top talent that Franklin gets a commitment from.

And for all you self evaluated literary talent you can't seem to spell my name correctly.

Have a nice day. I won't respond further to your drivel.
Well, if he were possibly, eventually, de-committing, then I probably would respect his decision.

We typically don"t lose running backs to Auburn- one guy in the 90s from near Ocean City, MD was one that I remember but cannot recall the name. Think he wore 44.Dyer maybe?

I fell in love with recruiting news on this forum, and now I mostly ignore recruiting news on the forum.

The sands are shifting, will this game survive?

We are going to have to get like pro sports and consider the value versus cost of a player. For example, francisco Lindor (Mets) is a good player but not worth his cost. If a kid leaves, that clears up ‘cap space’ for someone else.

Reactions: Fac and 87 Penn St8
We are going to have to get like pro sports and consider the value versus cost of a player. For example, francisco Lindor (Mets) is a good player but not worth his cost. If a kid leaves, that clears up ‘cap space’ for someone else.
A PSU buddy called last evening to talk about this stuff. He had been shutting out most NIL noise, but the NCAA proposal has hit home. College football is our #1 sport together going back to our time on campus 83-87.

He said that pay in his mind makes them adults- not college kids and therefore would likely draw his ire more easily. As Philly burbs natives that includes booing. We both get that the game was never as pure as it seemed- but we definitely shared similar college experiences with the players of our era and knew some from class, parties, our apartment building etc.

The Shilo Sanders bankruptcy is a harbinger of things to come. If so we both are likely getting our Saturdays back. These athletes are just that- and will have even less in common with your average student.

Hopefully this is a first step towards sanity. Adam Smith's model will raise demand for star players until the revenue stream from the audience diminishes- which it is already doing for us.

I just wish all the posters that repeatedly post here that they are done with college sports would be done with it already. If they would do what they say and go, it wouldn't take so much time to find the plausible posts worth reading like your last one.

A PSU buddy called last evening to talk about this stuff. He had been shutting out most NIL noise, but the NCAA proposal has hit home. College football is our #1 sport together going back to our time on campus 83-87.

He said that pay in his mind makes them adults- not college kids and therefore would likely draw his ire more easily. As Philly burbs natives that includes booing. We both get that the game was never as pure as it seemed- but we definitely shared similar college experiences with the players of our era and knew some from class, parties, our apartment building etc.

The Shilo Sanders bankruptcy is a harbinger of things to come. If so we both are likely getting our Saturdays back. These athletes are just that- and will have even less in common with your average student.

Hopefully this is a first step towards sanity. Adam Smith's model will raise demand for star players until the revenue stream from the audience diminishes- which it is already doing for us.
They were always adults and, yes, now there's no complaining about players being criticized.
When do you think football players were just like everyone else on campus?
The angst over this is just mind blowing. You stated "We both get the game was never as pure as it seemed" but don't seem to accept that.
At the end of the day, it's still the team you've supported for 40+ years and now you're going to stop caring because players are finally getting the pay the deserve. Weird.

Reactions: NJPSU
I just wish all the posters that repeatedly post here that they are done with college sports would be done with it already. If they would do what they say and go, it wouldn't take so much time to find the plausible posts worth reading like your last one.
x1000
This is the most insane thing I've seen. If someone is that upset stop commenting about it.
This is college football now. Accept it or leave.
The truth is almost no one is leaving. They just want to bitch.

Are you crazy? Complaining is our true National Pastime. And while your post was an accurate representation of others complaining, I feel it would be unpatriotic if I failed to take advantage of this opportunity to complain about your post. Furthermore, I await your complaining response to my complaining about your complaining about others complaining.

Are you crazy? Complaining is our true National Pastime. And while your post was an accurate representation of others complaining, I feel it would be unpatriotic if I failed to take advantage of this opportunity to complain about your post. Furthermore, I await your complaining response to my complaining about your complaining about others complaining.
Complaining with a goal to improving is a worthwile pursuit. Just complaining isn't. The key to this whole thing is the University affiliation. With rare exceptions most other minor leagues are not big attendance events.

The Central Pennsylvania Wildcats would draw 5,000 at Mansion Park on a picture perfect Saturday afternoon. If there is no college in "college sports" it will die on the vine. Just a matter of time...

An essential change in the brand formula is needed or it's New Coke

Last edited:
Complaining with a goal to improving is a worthwile pursuit. Just complaining isn't. The key to this whole thing is the University affiliation. With rare exceptions most other minor leagues are not big attendance events.

The Central Pennsylvania Wildcats would draw 5,000 at Mansion Park on a picture perfect Saturday afternoon. If there is no college in "college sports" it will die on the vine. Just a matter of time...

An essential change in the brand formula is needed or it's New Coke
They're still obviously affiliated with the University smh

I don't think it makes a difference in terms of treating them like adults or kids, but totally agree that paying them changes the relationships and coaching dynamics. I used to care about "processing players", oversigning and cutting and so on. I don't anymore. If you're pulling what is essentially a salary, that comes with expectations. If a player isn't performing, get rid of them. Off the team, off the roster, off the field, whatever. Want to be paid like a pro, you get treated like a pro. That will be a consequence of revenue sharing. Be careful what you wish for.

Are they the same people that all said they were moving to Canada eight years ago?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT