ADVERTISEMENT

Apropos of nothing, when did most players start wearing de facto shorts as football pants?

bcspsu

Jun 2, 2001
I’ve really noticed this phenomenon this season. It began with kickers and now most skill players wear pants that stop before their knee caps, and effectively look like bicycle shorts. I’m amazed that they would want their knee caps exposed without any protection.

I’ve really noticed this phenomenon this season. It began with kickers and now most skill players wear pants that stop before their knee caps, and effectively look like bicycle shorts. I’m amazed that they would want their knee caps exposed without any protection.
A ton of players don’t even wear thigh pads, let alone knee pads. They think it looks cool. These aren’t the brightest bulbs.

Indians, with Ohio universities QB from last year is whooping UCLA and Washington lost to Washington State.

I remember us getting flagged once for a uniform violation for this many years ago, I think it was a punter. The one and only time I've ever seen it called. I think the rules changed to allow it after that happened but we were hardly the only offender at the time, it was just never called.

Reactions: step.eng69
I remember a game where a PSU player was penalized for pants not covering the knee

With the rules disallowing hitting below the knees encourages no pads. Of course this rule is at the discretion of the B1G refs. 🙄

AI Overview

"Some college football players may not wear knee pads because they believe it restricts their speed and freedom of movement. Players who play speed-based positions, like wide receivers and cornerbacks, are especially resistant to wearing knee pads."

"Knee pads are essential for preventing injuries to the meniscus cartilage, as well as tears to the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and posterior cruciate ligament (PCL). The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) recommends wearing knee braces to prevent the severity of knee injuries."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT