ADVERTISEMENT

Are there any good restaurants left in State College???

Spent two days in State College for my daughters orientation this past week and was disappointed in a couple of the old standbys from the 80s when I was at PSU.

The College Diner has dropped significantly in terms of service, cleanliness and all around atmosphere of the Diner, the sticky buns were still good but the lack of atmosphere, service made it more of chore instead of a pleasant breakfast.

However the biggest disappointment of the stay was the almost uneatable food at the Corner Room for lunch. I ordered a fajita salad that might have been the worst meal I have ever attempted to eat, I would have sent it back but I only had a few minutes before my daughter had to be in Hammond for a meeting. My wife had a sandwich with fries and the fries were clearly frozen and cooked about 5 minutes too little as the fries were still cold. My daughter had a hamburger and it seemed fine....but my salad and my wives fries in a restaurant that has been in State College for ever you would think that they could put together this in their sleep but it was terrible.

I am the least picky eater that I know and for me to not be able to eat food is truly an embarrassment for an establishment. My wife had eater there only one other time claimed that she would never eat in the Corner Room again it was that bad.

We did eat at The New Orleans themed restaurant and had a tapas style dinner and the beer and the food was fine. So maybe there is still some hope in State College. The Creamery upon our exit did not disappoint.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT