ADVERTISEMENT

Are we officially done with Franklin? (not serious)

So every game we lose is the coach’s fault. So unless a coach goes undefeated every year, he’s not doing a good job. Got it.
Nope….sometimes you just get beat but to me, I’m this game, I don’t feel our coaches put our team in the best position to recover after Clifford went down.

Nope….sometimes you just get beat but to me, I’m this game, I don’t feel our coaches put our team in the best position to recover after Clifford went down.
Do we know what has been going on in practices all year? Maybe they’ve done a ton to get him ready and he froze up. I’m quite sure he already knows he shouldn’t do some of the things he did.

Do we know what has been going on in practices all year? Maybe they’ve done a ton to get him ready and he froze up. I’m quite sure he already knows he shouldn’t do some of the things he did.
Your right, we don’t know. That still doesn’t explain the false start issues. Look I’m no expert…just giving my perspective and I feel like they didn’t know how to adjust the game plan to the situation. You are certainly free to think differently.

Your right, we don’t know. That still doesn’t explain the false start issues. Look I’m no expert…just giving my perspective and I feel like they didn’t know how to adjust the game plan to the situation. You are certainly free to think differently.
I think we have a backup QB that has athletic ability but he hasn’t developed yet. And it would take a lot more than a handful of snaps in four games to get him ready. We had an experienced backup, but he left….coaches can only do so much to overcome that.

Yes too soon, it was a very traumatic loss😫

I don’t feel it is traumatic given that we held the lead until late with one arm and one leg tied behind our back, but I still agree that it was too soon.

My intention was to lighten the mood, not rile up the crowd. I failed. It especially sucks since the future of this board, and therefore our community, is up in the air. Sorry, guys. 😢

They played fantastic. Eventually when your on field the whole half you have a break down. This is all on offense douchebag
when You lose your starting QB this happens Roberson will be a good QB in the future you probably complained about Sean Clifford last year when PSU was 0 and 5. Why don’t you root for another team then slapnutz

Embarrassing once Clifford got hurt. Georgia has a backup QB too. Former walk-on. We couldn’t run a play.Roberson practiced all spring, summer and 6 weeks. C’mon man.
Against Iowa's D with 70k rowdy fans? C'mon man.

It isn't complicated...PSU 2021 is better than Iowa with Clifford and is not better than Iowa without Clifford...it isn't complicated...Jimmys and the Joes

Reactions: BobPSU92
I don’t feel it is traumatic given that we held the lead until late with one arm and one leg tied behind our back, but I still agree that it was too soon.

My intention was to lighten the mood, not rile up the crowd. I failed. It especially sucks since the future of this board, and therefore our community, is up in the air. Sorry, guys. 😢
I choose to be traumatized, please don’t try to take that away from me

To me it’s not about our QB going down it’s about how our coaching staff prepared our backup and how they handled the game plan when he came in. (1) We have had opportunities to get #2 in games but we never let him throw it….would be nice to get true game experience in the event he is needed. (2) the “clap” cadence clearly wasn’t working but we failed to adjust until it was to late and (3) we are relying on our defense at the end but we decide to stay in hurry up and put our gassed D right back on the field rather than using some clock and giving them a little breather. Bottom line…losing Clifford killed us but our coaching staffs failure to get our backup good reps and to adjust our game plan pretty much handed the game to Iowa.
None of your points are valid. Roberson had plenty of reps this year. The only time we moved the ball was in the hurry up. Clap works fine with most QBs
Maybe Roberson isn’t very good

Embarrassing once Clifford got hurt. Georgia has a backup QB too. Former walk-on. We couldn’t run a play.Roberson practiced all spring, summer and 6 weeks. C’mon man.
Georgia's backup has been there like 12 years, he started games for them 3 years ago i think.

when You lose your starting QB this happens Roberson will be a good QB in the future you probably complained about Sean Clifford last year when PSU was 0 and 5. Why don’t you root for another team then slapnutz
I love Clifford dumbass. You said this was def fault. 100% sure it wasn’t

I hate us.

That's ok Bob. Utah is boat racing USC 35-10 late in the third quarter. Helton is toast. CJF will be in Cali during the bye week o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

That should make these bandwagon jumping, fair weather fans Happy :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

F'em :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

That's ok Bob. Utah is boat racing USC 35-10 late in the third quarter. Helton is toast. CJF will be in Cali during the bye week o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

That should make these bandwagon jumping, fair weather fans Happy :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

F'em :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
And the next coach won’t be good enough because he too will lose games.

Been done with Franklin for years. Still love and support the team, just lowered my expectations to limit my dissatisfaction with his coaching abilities.

Reactions: Sooner Lion
Been done with Franklin for years. Still love and support the team, just lowered my expectations to limit my dissatisfaction with his coaching abilities.
Yes, after all we’ve been such a powerhouse since our last NC 35 years ago….why wouldn’t your expectations be really high? (eye roll)

Reactions: CoastGuard2018
All you Franklin supporters just don’t get it. It’s not about losing games. It’s all about how we lose the games.
Of course it is because so many other coaches would lose games the “right” way. Give me a break, it is exactly about losing games because fans can pick apart any coach after any game and it gets twice as bad after losses. It’s easy to coach with the benefit of hindsight and no coach can compete with the mighty Sunday morning coaches who already know the results of every play. If you think there’s another coach out there who Penn State could get that’s going to get us consistently in the playoffs, then you don’t know much about college football.

Of course it is because so many other coaches would lose games the “right” way. Give me a break, it is exactly about losing games because fans can pick apart any coach after any game and it gets twice as bad after losses. It’s easy to coach with the benefit of hindsight and no coach can compete with the mighty Sunday morning coaches who already know the results of every play. If you think there’s another coach out there who Penn State could get that’s going to get us consistently in the playoffs, then you don’t know much about college football.

Franklin is so f*cking stupid he can’t even lose right. Just once, I’d like Franklin to get us an elite loss.

Franklin is so f*cking stupid he can’t even lose right. Is it so much to ask to lose correctly? Just once, I’d like Franklin to get us an elite loss.
When we lose close ones against OSU, it’s because Franklin can’t coach in the fourth quarter. When we get blown out by Michigan when we have no LB’s, it’s because Franklin doesn’t have the team mentally prepared. When we lose because our starting QB gets hurt, it’s because Franklin didn’t have our backup ready. I’m trying to figure out how he can lose the right way.

According to the armchair experts on this board Franklin is to blame for every loss the past eight years. Literally after every loss they proclaim another coach would have won. If we had a capable coach we would be on an 80 game win streak

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT