ADVERTISEMENT

Away Game Tickets

rudedude

Sep 28, 2002
Fleetville, Pa.
I got an email today from the NLC notifying me that I was "going on the road" to follow the Nittany Lions. No other info, so I had to call because I put in for Temple and Maryland. They told me I got both and the general email means you got what you asked for. Weird way to communicate if you got the tickets/games you requested. Don't know where the seats are yet, however.

I got an email today from the NLC notifying me that I was "going on the road" to follow the Nittany Lions. No other info, so I had to call because I put in for Temple and Maryland. They told me I got both and the general email means you got what you asked for. Weird way to communicate if you got the tickets/games you requested. Don't know where the seats are yet, however.
That really borders on incompetence.

That really borders on incompetence.
Not really--different teams do their ticketing at different times. A lot of places do not have "reserved" season tickets--they move them around some depending on donations, etc. (tOSU is one of these**). PSU knows they have X tickets by the contract--so they can parse those out. They just don't know exactly where they will be yet. When our local chapter got ND, Me-Chicken, and tOSU tickets (at different times), we had to pay before knowing where they were and they didn;t come right away either. Frankly it's nice to know early that you have tickets even if you know 100% where they are, as one can then make travel plans.

**tOSU sometimes did not send out single game tickets until the week before the season started--I know tOSU folks who got shafted a few years back as they were bumped out of the game they were originally assigned to into the opening game and they were away on vacation (Labor Day) when the tickets came and only found out when they got back. That has since changed.

Not really--different teams do their ticketing at different times. A lot of places do not have "reserved" season tickets--they move them around some depending on donations, etc. (tOSU is one of these**). PSU knows they have X tickets by the contract--so they can parse those out. They just don't know exactly where they will be yet. When our local chapter got ND, Me-Chicken, and tOSU tickets (at different times), we had to pay before knowing where they were and they didn;t come right away either. Frankly it's nice to know early that you have tickets even if you know 100% where they are, as one can then make travel plans.
**tOSU sometimes did not send out single game tickets until the week before the season started--I know tOSU folks who got shafted a few years back as they were bumped out of the game they were originally assigned to into the opening game and they were away on vacation (Labor Day) when the tickets came and only found out when they got back. That has since changed.
Perhaps I did not make myself clear. The incompetence I was referring to was in the communication "You are going on the road", and assuming the receiver knew it was for all the games he ordered. The fact that he was uncertain as to what they meant and had to call indicates to me they could have been more clear.

Perhaps I did not make myself clear. The incompetence I was referring to was in the communication "You are going on the road", and assuming the receiver knew it was for all the games he ordered. The fact that he was uncertain as to what they meant and had to call indicates to me they could have been more clear.

I'll not argue with that point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT