ADVERTISEMENT

Peach Bowl Advice

HailToPitt725

May 16, 2016
Hope the PSU faithful had a Merry Christmas with your friends, family, and loved ones. We attended the past two Peach Bowls (Pitt in 2021, invited to the CFP Semi last year), so I’ve gotten a bit familiar with the bowl game and city of Atlanta. I’d be happy to answer any last-minute questions you might have. A few recommendations I’d offer:

• Instead of renting a car from the airport, take the MARTA train into downtown Atlanta. It’s a very clean system and there’re several stops in the city center that should put you right at/near your hotel.
• In addition to the rail system, there’s also a streetcar that goes around the downtown area. We never took advantage of it, but I believe it’s only a few bucks for a daily pass.
• If you’re still waiting to purchase tickets, I recommend finding the cheapest possible C seats. These get you access to the on-field sideline club.
• The night before, the Georgia Aquarium puts on some fun activities including band performances. We did this and then a bar crawl afterwards when Pitt was playing. Also, make sure to visit the CFB Hall of Fame + nearby ferris wheel at the Olympic Plaza.
• For my money, the best Italian restaurant is Amalfi’s, which is caddy-corner from the Hard Rock Cafe near Peachtree St. Definitely should hit them up.
• The Hawks play the night before your game. We got to take in a fun game against the Lakers the night before the Ohio State/Georgia game last year and a general admission ticket gets you access to the social lounges around the arena.
• It’s just my opinion, but the fan experience at the Georgia Convention Center is a bit overrated. It’s a loooooooong walk to get there and there really isn’t much to do other than listen to the bands, attempt a field goal, or drink overpriced alcohol.
• If you’re staying for NYE, Atlanta does a ‘Peach Drop’ a few blocks away from the Olympic Plaza if that type of thing floats your boat.

Hope the PSU faithful had a Merry Christmas with your friends, family, and loved ones. We attended the past two Peach Bowls (Pitt in 2021, invited to the CFP Semi last year), so I’ve gotten a bit familiar with the bowl game and city of Atlanta. I’d be happy to answer any last-minute questions you might have. A few recommendations I’d offer:

• Instead of renting a car from the airport, take the MARTA train into downtown Atlanta. It’s a very clean system and there’re several stops in the city center that should put you right at/near your hotel.
• In addition to the rail system, there’s also a streetcar that goes around the downtown area. We never took advantage of it, but I believe it’s only a few bucks for a daily pass.
• If you’re still waiting to purchase tickets, I recommend finding the cheapest possible C seats. These get you access to the on-field sideline club.
• The night before, the Georgia Aquarium puts on some fun activities including band performances. We did this and then a bar crawl afterwards when Pitt was playing. Also, make sure to visit the CFB Hall of Fame + nearby ferris wheel at the Olympic Plaza.
• For my money, the best Italian restaurant is Amalfi’s, which is caddy-corner from the Hard Rock Cafe near Peachtree St. Definitely should hit them up.
• The Hawks play the night before your game. We got to take in a fun game against the Lakers the night before the Ohio State/Georgia game last year and a general admission ticket gets you access to the social lounges around the arena.
• It’s just my opinion, but the fan experience at the Georgia Convention Center is a bit overrated. It’s a loooooooong walk to get there and there really isn’t much to do other than listen to the bands, attempt a field goal, or drink overpriced alcohol.
• If you’re staying for NYE, Atlanta does a ‘Peach Drop’ a few blocks away from the Olympic Plaza if that type of thing floats your boat.
Is Amalfi like the one in Vegas, owned by Bobby Flay? If it is, I'll be there. Great food.

Is Amalfi like the one in Vegas, owned by Bobby Flay? If it is, I'll be there. Great food.
I think I know which restaurant you’re talking about, but I believe it’s different ownership. Although it’s still upscale, the Atlanta restaurant has more of a hole-in-the-wall feel to it. Don’t recall seeing any Bobby Flay associations. It does, however, have a cool open-air entrance from the street that leads up to the establishment:
amalfi-2.jpg

img_4361.jpg

We have been sold a bill of goods. Flay, Richman, Casey the slob, and other BS.

Gone are the days of good looking TV personalities. We have fat women, addled people, LGBTQ, the list is endless.

Now, abnormal is touted as normal.

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24

The Aquarium is great. The Coca Cola experience didn't impress me. The ferris wheel doesn't have much of a view so I'd pass. I haven't been in the college football HOF.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I think I know which restaurant you’re talking about, but I believe it’s different ownership. Although it’s still upscale, the Atlanta restaurant has more of a hole-in-the-wall feel to it. Don’t recall seeing any Bobby Flay associations. It does, however, have a cool open-air entrance from the street that leads up to the establishment:
amalfi-2.jpg

img_4361.jpg
Looks nice. If it was Bobby Flay’s I’m sure everyone would know it.:)

Reactions: HailToPitt725
@HailToPitt725 What is the ‘on field sideline club?’ Thanks
The official name is the Delta Sky360 Club. It’s a field-level suite that has its own concessions, lounges, restrooms, and entrance/exit. If you sit in a seat with a ‘C’ attached to it, you have access to it. You don’t have the best views watching the game from the field (the players on the sideline block most of the sight lines), but pregame was fun to experience down there. There’s one behind both sideline, so you don’t have to worry about mingling with the opposition. :)
04352_000_N274_medium.jpg

Image-2_Brian-Gassel.jpg

Reactions: Obliviax
The official name is the Delta Sky360 Club. It’s a field-level suite that has its own concessions, lounges, restrooms, and entrance/exit. If you sit in a seat with a ‘C’ attached to it, you have access to it. You don’t have the best views watching the game from the field (the players on the sideline block most of the sight lines), but pregame was fun to experience down there. There’s one behind both sideline, so you don’t have to worry about mingling with the opposition. :)
04352_000_N274_medium.jpg

Image-2_Brian-Gassel.jpg
I believe that is one of the options being considered for Beaver Stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT