Barkley stats 12 weeks in

PSU.:.

Jun 18, 2012
Bloomsburg PA
Stats
Rushing yards 829 4.8 per. 3rd in nfl
..leads league in both 20+ and 40+ yard runs
..3rd in rushing tds with 8

Receiving yards 581 4tds and 71 receptions.
Leads league for running backs in receptions and 2nd in yards.(8th in NFL for all players in receptions).

Kid is killing it and is doing it on a bad team with terrible OL( although getting little better) with an over the hill qb.
He still being underutilized in that offense and hasn't come close reaching his full potential.

Last edited:
Stats

Leads league for running backs in receptions and 2nd in yards.(8th in NFL for all players in receptions).

Kid is killing it and is doing it on a bad team with terrible OL( although getting little better) with an over the hill qb.
He still being underutilized in that offense and hasn't come close reaching his full potential.

Doesn’t even account for all the great runs he has that are offset by some dumb offensive penalty.

If I read his stats correctly, he hasn't fumbled yet this year either. Sure wish the Steelers has a RB that didn't keep fumbling away games (Browns tie, and Broncos).

Reactions: Obliviax
If I read his stats correctly, he hasn't fumbled yet this year either. Sure wish the Steelers has a RB that didn't keep fumbling away games (Browns tie, and Broncos).
Great point. I don't think he fumble for PSU his Soph and/or Jr. seasons. An incredible stat given the number of carries. This is a very under rated stat for RB's as we've seen this year with PSU and as Steeler fans know today.

Reactions: BBrown
Stats

And an idiot Head Coach.

Great point. I don't think he fumble for PSU his Soph and/or Jr. seasons. An incredible stat given the number of carries. This is a very under rated stat for RB's as we've seen this year with PSU and as Steeler fans know today.

I think he had 1 fumble in the 2016 pitt game and thats all that I can think of. Amazing.
He needs to come back and talk to Sanders. Sanders is a good RB but could be so much more if he would stop putting the ball on the ground.

Reactions: aworsnup
He fumbled four times in his PSU career, twice in each of his two seasons, and lost 3 of the 4. He did not fumble once in his junior season. Not once. 290+ touches.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
I think he had 1 fumble in the 2016 pitt game and thats all that I can think of. Amazing.
He needs to come back and talk to Sanders. Sanders is a good RB but could be so much more if he would stop putting the ball on the ground.
Maybe he can talk to James Conner as welll.

Reactions: royboy
He fumbled four times in his PSU career, twice in each of his two seasons, and lost 3 of the 4. He did not fumble once in his junior season. Not once. 290+ touches.
So he fumbled twice as a Frosh and twice as a Soph but never as a Jr.

So that means he fumbled four times in 773 attempts (rushing and receiving).

LOL. This is pretty hilarious:

Odell Beckham Jr., who caught two passes for 22 yards in the second half, says you should go ask head coach Pat Shurmur what the hell that play-calling was.

“Honestly, that is a question for Coach,” Beckham told reporters. “That is not really my kind of question. I don’t call the plays. I just do what I’m told to do and go out there and execute. Whenever I get an opportunity to do something, I try to make the most of it. If I don’t have that many opportunities all I can do is do what I can when I do have an opportunity. That is more a question for Coach.

“Coming in, knowing that they’ve struggled in the secondary, personally, I would’ve loved to attack them. But it wasn’t in our game plan.”

Shurmur had a response to this line of criticism that, on the face of it, looks logical. “It doesn’t make sense to throw it every down when you’ve got a running back like Saquon,” he said. Sure, fair. Then you look at the box score and see that Saquon Barkley, who had 159 yards at halftime, had just four carries in the second half.

Stats

Have they engraved his name of the ROY award yet?

High and tight. He learned that way back at Hokey AA.

Reactions: aworsnup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT