ADVERTISEMENT

Barron Claims He’s Read a “Significant” Portion of the Freeh Files

lubrano

Sep 28, 2005
Ihttps://www.centredaily.com/news/local/article213855004.html

I read with interest the statement issued by University spokesman Lawrence Lokman on Friday that’s imbedded in this story.

“President Barron has reviewed a significant portion of the Freeh files.”

Do you believe him? I DO NOT.

To paraphrase Ken Frazier, I’m calling out this untruth, misinformation, and just plain BS.

Anthony,
a question I have wanted to ask. I know you and Demlion were both under court order about discussing the Freeh files but there are always ways to infer or allude to things without breaking the court order. However both of you seemed to go quieter than needed. It has made me think there was stuff in the Freeh files that painted the PSU 4, [ Joe, Tim Gary and Graham ] in a less favorable light than you had previously thought. Your extreme silence and the bizarre defense [non defense] by Spanier's team has often made me wonder maybe there was really was something.
Care to comment?

Reactions: therod
He probably means he read a significant portion of the press release that Freeh issued.

Anthony,
a question I have wanted to ask. I know you and Demlion were both under court order about discussing the Freeh files but there are always ways to infer or allude to things without breaking the court order. However both of you seemed to go quieter than needed. It has made me think there was stuff in the Freeh files that painted the PSU 4, [ Joe, Tim Gary and Graham ] in a less favorable light than you had previously thought. Your extreme silence and the bizarre defense [non defense] by Spanier's team has often made me wonder maybe there was really was something.
Care to comment?

Out of an abundance of caution, we remained quiet. Don’t read into that.

Now I URGE the Board to release our report.

We want everyone to know what we know. The truth is very important for us to heal as a community. The best antiseptic is a healthy dose of sunshine.

It is probably time to give it a rest, Anthony. It is over. Our side lost.

NEVER. :eek:

2000px-Gadsden_flag.svg.png

He’s had 2 years to read a “significant” portion of the report, which is amazing considering every talking head on espn had completely digested it in its entirety in the 30 minute timespan between its release and louie’s grandstanding shitshow.

Too bad we won't see a "60 Minutes" crew around State College anytime soon. It seems the media has moved on to the next scandal, whether manufactured by some politician/DA or a genuine fact-based story. Face it - the BoT and Corbett's lackeys won. The guys on our side don't have the chutzpah to do what's required in order to get us the justice. Peetz was right, even if she was 6 years too late. Nobody cares anymore.

Reactions: jerrycalpal
Too bad we won't see a "60 Minutes" crew around State College anytime soon. It seems the media has moved on to the next scandal, whether manufactured by some politician/DA or a genuine fact-based story. Face it - the BoT and Corbett's lackeys won. The guys on our side don't have the chutzpah to do what's required in order to get us the justice. Peetz was right, even if she was 6 years too late. Nobody cares anymore.
I care.

I read with interest the statement issued by University spokesman Lawrence Lokman on Friday that’s imbedded in this story.

To paraphrase Ken Frazier, I’m calling out this untruth, misinformation, and just plain BS.

Read it? Not unless he found a copy at the bottom of a bowl of onion dip and thought he'd find the key to the next bowl in its pages.

So Larry Likman says Barron and the BoT see no real urgency in reviewing and discussing the review. Maybe Likman could find out a date if he can find enough time to break away from doing his pomp.

Read it? Not unless he found a copy at the bottom of a bowl of onion dip and thought he'd find the key to the next bowl in its pages.

So Larry Likman says Barron and the BoT see no real urgency in reviewing and discussing the review. Maybe Likman could find out a date if he can find enough time to break away from doing his pomp.

Likman? :eek:

Anthony,
Care to comment?

Not Anthony but IMHO it's not possible they found undisclosed bad stuff. No way. If there was actual evidence to support Freeh's "reasonable conclusions" he would have been waiving that for everyone to see at his press conference. The silence from Freeh for 6 years is proof positive that there never was any evidence of a cover up because there never was a cover up.

Not Anthony but IMHO it's not possible they found undisclosed bad stuff. No way. If there was actual evidence to support Freeh's "reasonable conclusions" he would have been waiving that for everyone to see at his press conference. The silence from Freeh for 6 years is proof positive that there never was any evidence of a cover up because there never was a cover up.

I like your thinking...

My guess is that this statement was made to position Barron so he can counter any A9 attempt to discuss the Freeh report at the July meeting.

I've always been amazed the underlying narrative has never been really hacked into. Let's remember the ridiculous narrative is the admins and Joe covered up for Joe to protect the pristine image of the football program.
Despite not having a shred of evidence where anyone says we need to cover this up to protect football this ridiculous narrative still carries the day.
At its core this narrative is implying if say, Joe Paterno, reported Sandusky, which he did - the media and moron public would have crushed Penn State Football with bad publicity. Imagine how dumb that is when you think about what this narrative says.
If one reports alleged child molestation - the media will destroy you. Not praise you - destroy you. That is the dumbest F-ing thing I've ever heard and that's saying something.
I've never heard anyone effectively attack this baseless narrative since 2011. Please address this Anthony, and thanks.

I've always been amazed the underlying narrative has never been really hacked into. Let's remember the ridiculous narrative is the admins and Joe covered up for Joe to protect the pristine image of the football program.
Despite not having a shred of evidence where anyone says we need to cover this up to protect football this ridiculous narrative still carries the day.
At its core this narrative is implying if say, Joe Paterno, reported Sandusky, which he did - the media and moron public would have crushed Penn State Football with bad publicity. Imagine how dumb that is when you think about what this narrative says.
If one reports alleged child molestation - the media will destroy you. Not praise you - destroy you. That is the dumbest F-ing thing I've ever heard and that's saying something.
I've never heard anyone effectively attack this baseless narrative since 2011. Please address this Anthony, and thanks.

Baseless is in my view an accurate assessment.

Let’s remember Freeh was driven by greed. That was his underlying motive. He wanted to become the investigative arm for the NCAA.

The only way Freeh could curry favor with Mark Emmett, who himself was looking to boost the enforcement image of the NCAA, was to deliver a report that cites Penn State for its institutional control failures.

Do you think Freeh coincidentally refers to a high ranking University official (in a footnote no less) calling Tim Curley Joe Paterno’s errand boy?

Of course not. That comment was intended to support the notion that Joe was in charge.

I URGE the Board of Trustees to release our report to the public.

Out of an abundance of caution, we remained quiet. Don’t read into that.

Now I URGE the Board to release our report.

We want everyone to know what we know. The truth is very important for us to heal as a community. The best antiseptic is a healthy dose of sunshine.
Thanks!!

I agree 100%

I URGE the Board of Trustees to release our report to the public.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: bytir
Yep, trying bringing it to a vote. And you'd have the majority saying no.

There have been many things on record that had a split vote between the old guard and the alumni trustees. This will be dismissed just like the rest of those.

Reactions: PSUSignore
Baseless is in my view an accurate assessment.

Let’s remember Freeh was driven by greed. That was his underlying motive. He wanted to become the investigative arm for the NCAA.

The only way Freeh could curry favor with Mark Emmett, who himself was looking to boost the enforcement image of the NCAA, was to deliver a report that cites Penn State for its institutional control failures.

Do you think Freeh coincidentally refers to a high ranking University official (in a footnote no less) calling Tim Curley Joe Paterno’s errand boy?

Of course not. That comment was intended to support the notion that Joe was in charge.

I URGE the Board of Trustees to release our report to the public.
They probably say they won't release the report without reading it (unlike what they did with Freeh report). The OGBOT is corrupt!

Reactions: 91Joe95
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT