oldcougar65

Mar 11, 2015
first period: Minny kid, 1 offensive shot
Bartlett 0

second period: Minny 0
Bartlett 0
third period: Minny 1 or 2
Bartlett 1 major shot when it looked like he was going to get beat

Bartlett easily turned the Minny kid in the 3rd period with a minimal of effort. Why didn't that effort start a couple periods earlier?

Bartlett 0

Bartlett 0

Bartlett easily turned the Minny kid in the 3rd period with a minimal of effort. Why didn't that effort start a couple periods earlier?
Heart Attack should be Beau's nickname.

For me it has more to do with the way I saw him wrestle Nick Lee and his ability ot be offensive. His current style relies on small margin for error and he is successful except when he isn't such as the Big Ten Championships.

Bartlett will win the national title, and all people here will talk about is why didn't he wrestle the way they wanted.
If he wins like this, I'll certainly give him his due. It's just worrisome that he leaves every match for the end of the third where there is no margin for error and one mistake or one good move by his opponent could end the run when it looks like he could build a better cushion earlier in the match.

What if he doesn't win it all? Bartlett's had an amazing season and an amazing career. He's what, 23-1 this season so far? I think Ironhead said that he was now 15-1 against the NCAA field this year. He finished 3rd last year. That's not enough? I like Bartlett to win it all this year, but if he stumbles tonight or tomorrow night, I'll still recognize that he had an amazing season and career. As someone else pointed out in one of the Beau diatribes, Beau's not very tall and it does limit his offense to some degree and against some opponents, but there's nobody in the country that has better counter defense and it's not as if he constantly stalls, Beau is always working, always trying to set up an attack. Leave the guy alone for God's sake, we're about to win ANOTHER national title and Beau Bartlett is a big part of the reason why. It might be different if he was a constant underperformer who never made All American or who maybe didn't quality for NCAAs, but why do some PSU fans insist that everyone be Jason Nolf or David Taylor? I'm not advocating for a stalling, hand-fighting style of wrestling, I just happen to think that PSU coaches are wise to help these guys reach their potential within their own abilities, skills and strengths.

Mea culpa. Beau has accomplished a tremendous amount so far. And he may well win this weekend. But he's boring. That's a word that hasn't applied to a lot of PSU wrestlers over the last decade.
Yes, I'll concede that Beau is not boring for about 10 seconds of every match. It's just that those 10 seconds usually occur late in the 3rd period. By that time, I've checked out.

Mea culpa. Beau has accomplished a tremendous amount so far. And he may well win this weekend. But he's boring. That's a word that hasn't applied to a lot of PSU wrestlers over the last decade.
Yes, I'll concede that Beau is not boring for about 10 seconds of every match. It's just that those 10 seconds usually occur late in the 3rd period. By that time, I've checked out.
You don't like tough Bartlett watching.

How effing spoiled are some of us?

Beau and Cael know who he is. He isn’t the type of wrestler that overpowers people he is the master technician. That’s who he is but he’s very good at that
I’m with you RLL. Beau is a cerebral wrestler. He does not win close matches by luck. He is a master of probing a weakness or tendency and then either taking advantage or countering to perfection. Some has said he is an acrobat and while he has some great physical skills I think his greatest attribute is his wrestling mind.

I’m with you RLL. Beau is a cerebral wrestler. He does not win close matches by luck. He is a master of probing a weakness or tendency and then either taking advantage or countering to perfection. Some has said he is an acrobat and while he has some great physical skills I think his greatest attribute is his wrestling mind.
I'd like that mind a lot more if it thought of getting a TD in the first minute of every match ;)

Reactions: matter7172
Beau may be the most dynamic wrestler in the nation....

.... In the final 30 seconds of the match.

Oh if his subconscious could be convinced his ability is unchanged throughout, aggressiveness "is a frame of mind".

Bartlett 0

Bartlett 0

It doesn't work like that, lol

What if he doesn't win it all? Bartlett's had an amazing season and an amazing career. He's what, 23-1 this season so far? I think Ironhead said that he was now 15-1 against the NCAA field this year. He finished 3rd last year. That's not enough? I like Bartlett to win it all this year, but if he stumbles tonight or tomorrow night, I'll still recognize that he had an amazing season and career. As someone else pointed out in one of the Beau diatribes, Beau's not very tall and it does limit his offense to some degree and against some opponents, but there's nobody in the country that has better counter defense and it's not as if he constantly stalls, Beau is always working, always trying to set up an attack. Leave the guy alone for God's sake, we're about to win ANOTHER national title and Beau Bartlett is a big part of the reason why. It might be different if he was a constant underperformer who never made All American or who maybe didn't quality for NCAAs, but why do some PSU fans insist that everyone be Jason Nolf or David Taylor? I'm not advocating for a stalling, hand-fighting style of wrestling, I just happen to think that PSU coaches are wise to help these guys reach their potential within their own abilities, skills and strengths.
Not buying it. I’m sure the coaches have been telling him to wrestle free and pull the trigger for years. Think of how many throw away matches against weak opponents he was 1-1 in the 3rd with in his career. I really thought he turned a corner after the Woods match. He talked about how not waiting for the perfect opportunity paid off, etc. it’s all between his ears.

I have interacted with Beau a few times and I am confident that he will be more successful off the mat than on. He is a tremendously personable young man with an electric smile to boot. And that’s not taking anything away from how successful he has been. He has been a treat to watch his steady improvement from an undersized 149lb

this perfectly

Not buying it. I’m sure the coaches have been telling him to wrestle free and pull the trigger for years. Think of how many throw away matches against weak opponents he was 1-1 in the 3rd with in his career. I really thought he turned a corner after the Woods match. He talked about how not waiting for the perfect opportunity paid off, etc. it’s all between his ears.
Cael has been talking about wanting Beau to be more aggressive for multiple years now.

don't forget having him wrestle up at 149... what a big gift he gave us filling in there!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT