ADVERTISEMENT

BC holds the ball for all but 3 plays at FSU in Q1

GWhFXxgWYAI6us2

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
This performance isn't a surprise to anyone that watched him at Clemson. He has moments, but I've yet to see him play a game where the offense doesn't look off.
The real surprise is why a team like FSU would put their season in his hands with his lack of success at his prior stops.

If I was a FSU alum I'd be clammoring for the top true freshman they have to get on the field.

The real surprise is why a team like FSU would put their season in his hands with his lack of success at his prior stops.

If I was a FSU alum I'd be clammoring for the top true freshman they have to get on the field.

You gotta remember how their season ended last year. Travis got hurt and the offense went to pot. Backup QB couldn't move the ball with the talent they had. Travis and that talent graduated. They had to hit the portal hard or hope the talent they recruited was ready.

I'm guessing Norvell thought DJU could turn it around 🤷‍♂️ I thought it strange that he didn't follow the Beaver staff to Sparty but they took the freshman Chiles.

This performance isn't a surprise to anyone that watched him at Clemson. He has moments, but I've yet to see him play a game where the offense doesn't look off.
Yeah it makes you wonder if Norvell was watching bootleg black market film of Oglboglyboobam chucking dimes all over the field that nobody else in the universe saw because they were watching actual games.

You gotta remember how their season ended last year. Travis got hurt and the offense went to pot. Backup QB couldn't move the ball with the talent they had. Travis and that talent graduated. They had to hit the portal hard or hope the talent they recruited was ready.

I'm guessing Norvell thought DJU could turn it around 🤷‍♂️ I thought it strange that he didn't follow the Beaver staff to Sparty but they took the freshman Chiles.
I don't see how what happened last season for FSU impacts what they do this season, other than they realize how important it is to have a competent backup QB which every good coach knows but in this portal/NIL world of today is harder and harder to keep on the roster.

But given that DJU has looks so below average in their two games if I was an FSU alum I'd be hoping to see their true freshman Kromenhoek. A top freshman QB could perform as good or better than DJU and as he got experience he would likely play better and better. With their 0-2 start they aren't going anywhere this season and it seems DJU is not the answer which would seem to suggest that building around the top freshman would be the best plan for the program going forward.

I don't see how what happened last season for FSU impacts what they do this season, other than they realize how important it is to have a competent backup QB which every good coach knows but in this portal/NIL world of today is harder and harder to keep on the roster.

But given that DJU has looks so below average in their two games if I was an FSU alum I'd be hoping to see their true freshman Kromenhoek. A top freshman QB could perform as good or better than DJU and as he got experience he would likely play better and better. With their 0-2 start they aren't going anywhere this season and it seems DJU is not the answer which would seem to suggest that building around the top freshman would be the best plan for the program going forward.

I could be wrong but I think FSU was chanting "We want Brock" as in Brock Glenn to replace DJ U
Didn't sound like Kromenhoek but maybe "We want Luke" would have been the better chant.

Reactions: GregInPitt
I don't see how what happened last season for FSU impacts what they do this season, other than they realize how important it is to have a competent backup QB

You have to have a competent starter before you concern yourself with competent backups. They probably tried to get in the other QB sweepstakes but ended up with DJU.

Over/under 2 years before O'Brien's back in the NFL or gets a high profile college job?
Florida should have him on the shortlist. Great coach--just can't be a GM
Not great by any metric known to man.
There you are, Lando. Commence your pretzel twisting.
Go!

You have to have a competent starter before you concern yourself with competent backups. They probably tried to get in the other QB sweepstakes but ended up with DJU.
Maybe they'll end up starting the feshman and have DJU as the backup......

I could be wrong but I think FSU was chanting "We want Brock" as in Brock Glenn to replace DJ U
Didn't sound like Kromenhoek but maybe "We want Luke" would have been the better chant.
FSU depth chart lists Brock Glenn, RS Freshman, as the backup with Kromenhoek as 3rd team so you're likely correct...

Maybe they'll end up starting the feshman and have DJU as the backup......

Sticking with DJU too long is the type of move that gets links taken out of your chain in this era.

They probably don't have much faith in Glenn and Luke is probably not ready (though could survive ACC play). It will be interesting to see what they do.

And, this still doesn't solve their defensive issues...

Reactions: LandoComando
Not great by any metric known to man.
There you are, Lando. Commence your pretzel twisting.
Go!

I don't have to go--we've established everything we need to about you. Go fight with Pitch.
Now you’re stealing my persona. That only works if you have a logical argument to stand on, however. And knowing you, you will find it irresistible to refute the obvious fact that a .500 coach is not great.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT